Practice Exercise or Fill in the blanks For SSC CGL
Practice Exercise or Fill in the blanks For SSC CGL
SSC : Choose the correct option from the given
Given below is Set 1 of the series in the fill in the blanks section
there will be around 15 such series containing 25 questions each
which will be uploaded very soon with explanations.
1 She hadn’t eaten
all day, and by the time she got home she was______.
a. blighted b. confutation
c. ravenous d.ostentatious
2 The movie offended many of the parents of its younger viewers by including unnecessary ______ in the dialogue.
a. vulgarity b.verbosity
c. vocalizations d.garishness
3 His neighbors found his ______ manner bossy and irritating, and they stopped inviting him to their functions.
a. insentient b.magisterial
c. reparation d.restorative
4 Steven is always ______ about showing up for work because he feels that tardiness is a sign of irresponsibility.
a. legible b.tolerable
c. punctual d.literal
5 Chandu would ______ his little sister into an argument by teasing her and calling her names.
a. advocate b.provoke
c. perforate d.expunge
6 The dress Anu wore ______ with small, glassy beads, creating a
a. titillated b.reiterated
c. scintillated d.enthralled
7 Being able to afford this luxury car will ______ getting a better paying job.
a. maximize b.recombinant
c. reiterate d.necessitate
8 Levina unknowingly ______ the thief by holding open the elevator
doors and ensuring his escape.
a. coerced b.proclaimed
c. abetted d.sanctioned
9 Shakespeare, a(n) ______ writer, entertained audiences by writing
many tragic and comic plays.
a. numeric b.obstinate
c. dutiful d.prolific
10 I had the ______ experience of sitting next to an over-talkative
passenger on my flight home from Dubai.
a. satisfactory b.commendable
c. galling d.acute
11 Prince Phillip had to choose: marry the woman he loved and ______
his right to the throne, or marry Lady Fiona and inherit the crown.
a. reprimand b.upbraid
c. abdicate d.extol
12 If you will not do your work of your own ______, I have no choice
but to penalize you if it is not done on time.
a. predilection b.coercion
c. excursion d.volition
13 . After lying in the sink for several days, the dirty, food-encrusted
dishes became ______.
a. malodorous b.prevalent
c. imposing d.perforated
14 Geeta soon discovered the source of the ______ smell in the room:
a week-old sandwich that one of the children had hidden in
a. wierd b.fastidious
c. clandestine d.laconic
15 After making ______ remarks to the President, the reporter was
not invited to return to the White House pressroom.
a. hospitable b.itinerant
c. enterprising d.irreverent
16 With her ______ eyesight, Krisha spotted a pair of deer on the
hillside and she reduced the speed of her car.
a. inferior b.keen
c. impressionable d.ductile
17 With a(n) ______ grin, the boy quickly slipped the candy into his
pocket without his mother’s knowledge.
a. jaundiced b.nefarious
c. stereotypical d.sentimental
who felt she should try to control her emotions.
a. excessive b.meritorious
c. precarious d.plausible
19 Johan argued, “If you know about a crime but don’t report it, you
are ______ in that crime because you allowed it to happen.”
a. acquitted b.steadfast
c. tenuous d.accomplice
20 The authorities, fearing a ______ of their power, called for a
military state in the hopes of restoring order.
a. subversion b.premonition
c. predilection d.infusion
21 The story’s bitter hero felt such great ______ for all of the other
characters that as a result, his life was very lonely and he died alone.
a. insurgence b.malevolence
c. reciprocation d.declamation
22 It is difficult to believe that charging 20% on an outstanding credit
card balance isn’t ______!
a. bankruptcy b.usury
c. novice d.kleptomania
23 The ______ weather patterns of the tropical island meant tourists
had to carry both umbrellas and sunglasses.
a. impertinent b.supplicant
c. unpredictable d.illustrative
24 Wedding ceremonies often include the exchange of ______ rings
to symbolize the couple’s promises to each other.
a.acrimonious b. plaintive
25 Kiran was ______ in choosing her friends, so her parties were
attended by vastly different and sometimes bizarre personalities.
a. indispensable b.indiscriminate
c. commensurate d.propulsive
SSC : Answers for the exercise.
- c. Ravenous(adj.) means extremely hungry.
- a. Vulgarity(n.) means offensive speech or conduct.
- b.Magisterial(adj.) means overbearing or offensively self-assured.
- c. Punctual(adj.) means arriving exactly on time.
- b.To provoke(v.) is to incite anger or resentment; to call forth a
feeling or action.
- c. To scintillate(v.) means to emit or send forth sparks or little
flashes of light, creating a shimmering effect; to sparkle.
- d.To necessitate(v.) means to make necessary, especially as a result.
- c. To abet(v.) means to assist, encourage, urge, or aid, usually an
act of wrongdoing.
- d.Prolific(adj.) means abundantly creative.
- c. annoying(adj.) means irritating, annoying, or exasperating.
- c. To abdicate(v.) means to formally relinquish or surrender power,
office, or responsibility.
- d.Volition(n.) means accord; an act or exercise of will.
- a. Malodorous(adj.) means having a foul-smelling odour.
- a.wired(adj.) means strange.
- d.Irreverent(adj.) means lacking respect or seriousness; not
- b.Keen(adj.) means being extremely sensitive or responsive;
having strength of perception.
- b.Nefarious(adj.) means wicked, vicious, or evil.
- a. Excessive (adj) means too much.
- d.accomplice(adj.) means participating in or associated with a
questionable act or a crime.
- a. Subversion(n.) means an overthrow, as from the foundation.
- b.Malevolence(n.) means ill will or malice toward others; hate.
- b.Usury(n.) is the lending of money at exorbitant interest rates.
- C unpredictable(adj.) means continually changing or quickly
- d.Votive(adj.) means dedicated by a vow.
- b.Indiscriminate (adj.) means not discriminating or choosing
randomly; haphazard; without distinction.
SSC : Where does your score fall ?
Scoring 20 and above is an excellent score.
Scoring 17 and above is good.
Scoring 14 and above is average and below that needs improvement.
Now Get All Notifications And Updates In Your E-mail Account Just Enter Your E-mail Address Below And Verify Your Account To Get More Updates :