SSC CGL 2014 GK Questions 19th Oct Evening Shift
SSC CGL 2014 GK Questions 19th Oct Evening Shift
SSC CGL GK questions
Morning session: 8 papers (19th)
Evening session: 4 Papers (19th)
SSC CGL 2014 GK: I am posting 111RJ2 Analysis. All codes have same questions but sequence is different. Answer Key
Observation: 2 questions are from current GK
while in morning nil. Science with 23 questions ( morning 26) dominates the paper. Economy section with 6 questions including 5 from microeconomics ( 12th Class NCERT Microeconomics ) can be highly scoring. GK like sports, Headquarters / UN have 6 questions. Science and Engineering students may have edge. Arts students who have special interest in science tech and microeconomics will emerge as victorious.
Lessons: Like UPSC, SSC is also giving more weight- age to science tech. Follow NCERTs, will help you in all exams. We will all notes related to GK based on NCERT or related to SSC on this website.
How much score from GK section: It is always tough to score in GK . If you have command in GK it will help you a lot. I believe that you should score above 25 in GK . Below 15 means you could not take GK sincerely. Science and microeconomics are the game changer.
SSC CGL 2014 GK Level of Difficulty of the paper: Above average
SSC CGL 2014 GK
- The demand of a factor of production is
A. Direct B. derived C. neutral D. discretion of producer
- If the average revenue is a horizontal straight line, marginal revenue will be
A. U shaped B. Kinked C. Identical with average revenue D. L shaped
- The hypothesis that rapid growth of per capita income will be associated with a reduction in poverty is called
A. trickle down hypothesis B. trickle up hypothesis
C. U shaped hypothesis D. poverty estimation hypothesis
- According to Keynes, business cycles are due to variation to variation in the rate of investment caused by fluctuations in the
A. Marginal efficiency of capital B. Marginal propensity to save
C. Marginal propensity to consumption D. Marginal efficiency to investment
- The main emphasis of Keynesian economics is on
A. Expenditure B. Exchange C. Foreign trade D. Taxation
- The main feature of the Federal State is
A. Decetralisation B. Centralisation C. Theory of separation of power D. Sovereignty
- Public opinion is
A. The opinion of the majority B. The opinion of the people on political matters
C. Opinion of the citizen of the country D. The opinion based on the reasoning which is for the welfare
- In India the largest single item of current government expenditure is
A. Defence Expenditure B. Interest payment of debt
C. Payment of subsidies D. Investment in social overheads
- Which of the following is an item included on the list of Fundamental Duties of an Indian citizen in the Constitution?
A. To practice secularism.
B. To develop scientific temper, humanism and the spirit of enquiry and reform.
C. To pay all taxes to government regularly and correctly
D. Not to assault any public servant in the (during) performance of his duties.
- The first woman to preside over the UN General Assembly:
A. Rajkumari Amrit Kaur B. Vijaylaxmi Pandit
C. Kamala Nehru D. Indira Gandhi
- Panchasiddhantham of Varahamihira deals with
A. Astrology B. Astronomy C. Medicine D. Anatomy
- Which one of the following coins was issued silver during the Gupta period?
A. Kakini B. Nishka C. Rupyaka D. Dinar
- Lothal, the dockyard site of the Indus Valley is situated on in
A. Gujarat B. Punjab C. Pakistan D. Haryana
- Who among the Delhi Sultans died of a sudden fall from horse oat Lahore while playing Chaugan?
A. Qutbunddin Aibak B. Ilututmish C. Balban D Jalaluddin Khilji
- Bhuddah means
A. Great Conqueror B. Great Saint C. Wiseone D. Enlightened one.
- What is ‘Biodiversity’?
A. Many types of flora & fauna in one forest
B. Many types of flora & fauna in many forests
C. Many population of one species in one forest
D. All of the above are true.
- Where is the headquarters of Hindustan Zink Ltd?
A. Udaipur B. Jodhpur C. Jaisalmer D. Jaipur
- Leaving Agricultural land uncultivated for some years is known as
A. Intensive farming B. Fallowing C. Shifting cultivation D. Subsistence farming
- The sky appears blue due to
A. Rayleigh scattering B. Mai scattering C. Back Scattering D. None of the above.
- The mountain formed on the earth crust due to tension is called
A. Young folded mountain B. Old folded mountain C. Laccolith mountain D. Bloch mountain
- The movement of hairs in Drosera is reffered to as
A. Heliotropism B. Thigmotropism C. Photonastic D. Seismonastic
- Which of the following is an example of parasitic alga?
A. Ulothrix B. Cephaleuros C. Oedogonium D. Saragassum
- Solitary cymose inflorescence is observed in
A. Rose B. Chinorese C. Tuberose D. Gardenia
- The exctetory aperature in Paramocium is known as
A. Cytopharynx B Cytostone C. Cytopyge D. Cryptospere
- IVF (In Vetro Fertilization) Technique was first devised by
A. Patrick Steptoe and Robert Edwards B. Dr. Henary Dixon
C. Robertson D. Dr. Martin Cooper
- Just born baby has the respiratory rate as
A. 32 times/minute B. 26 times/minute C. 18 times/minute D. 15 times/minute
- A particle is moving in a uniform circular motion with constant speed y along a circle of radius r. The acceleration of the particle is
A. zero B. V/r C. V/r2 D. V2/r
- Which of the following devices can be used to detect radiant heat?
A. Liquid thermometer B. Six’s maximum and minimum thermometer
C. Constant volume air thermometer D. Thermopile
- In which of the following the phenomenon of total internal reflection of light is used?
A. Formation of mirage B. Working of binoculars
C. Formation of rainbow C. Twinkling of Stars
- Period of oscillation of 3 cm microwaves in seconds is
A. 1×1010 B. 1×1010
C. 0.01 D. 0.001
- The most advanced form of read only memory(ROM) is
A. PROM B. RAM C. Cache Memory D. EEPROM
- A computer that translates one programme instruction one at a time into machine language is called a/an
A. Interpreter B. Complier C. Simulator D. Commander
- Which of the following is very reactive and kept in kerosene?
A. Sodium B. Potassium C. Iodine D. Bromine
- Which of the following is a metallic ore?
A. Mica B. Ouartz C. Feldspar D. Glena
- In the periodic table of elements, on moving from left to right across a period, the atomic radius
A. decreases B. increases
C. remains unchanged D. does not follow a definite pattern
- Vulcanized rubber contains sulphur
A. 2% B. 3-5 % C. 7-9% D. 10-15%
- Uric Acid is the chief nitrogenous wastes in
A. Frogs B. Frogs C. Fishes D. Mankind
- To conserve coral reefs, the Government of India declared one of the following as Marine Park
A. Gulf of Kutch B. Lakshadweep Islands C. Gulff of Mannar D. Andaman Islands
- The special modified epidermal cells surrounding stomatal pore are called
A. Epithelial cells B. Guard Cells C. Subsidiary Cells D. Accessory cells
- Transpiration trough cells is called as
A. Cauline Transpiration B. Foliar transplantation
C. Cuticular transplantation D. Lenticular transpiration
- Who is the brand ambassador of Nokia Phones in India?
A. Shah Rukh Khan B. Amir Khan C. Abhishek Bachchan D. M.S. Dhoni
- Where is the headquarters of the International Olympic Committee located?
A. Italy B. Switzerland C. Belgium D. France
- ‘Canterbury’ the premium Indian brand of woolen cardigans and pullovers is from the house of
A. Monte-Carlo B. Woodland C. Digjam D. OCM
- Lionel Messi, the the winner of four FIFA Balli d’or and World Player of the year, belongs to
A. Brazil B. Spain C. Argentina D. Germany
- Who is the brand ambassador of Hockey India League( HIL) 2013?
A. Pargat Singh B. Dhanraj Pillai C. Navjot Singh Siddhu D. Virat Kohli
- “Computer Electronic Imaging Fair 2013”, formally called as “Photo Fair”, will be organized in January 2015 at
A. Kolkata B. Chennai C. Delhi D. Mumbai
- Which Indian State is the leading cotton producer?
A. Gujarat B. Maharashtra C. Andhra Pradesh D. Madhya Pradesh
- The ‘more mega store’ retail chain belongs to which Indian Industry?
A. Reliance Industry B. Bharti Enterprises C. Aditya Birla Group D. None of these
- Who among the following was responsible for the revival of Hinduism in 19th Century?
A. Swami Dayanand B. Swami Vivekananda
C. Guru Shankaracharya D. Raja Ram Mohan Roy
- The Nobel Peace Prize Winner is awarded in which city?
A. Brussels B. Geneva C. Oslo D. Stockhom
Other important Topics
Morning Shift explanation Click Here
Evening Shift explanation Click Here
Evening Sift Solution : Click Here
Morning Shift Solution : Uploading soon
Explanation will be uploading soon.
19th Oct Answer keys
Expected Cut off Section Click Here
For notes and other issues search in Google custom search on this site.
for your feedback, questions, doubt share your comments in the below section.