Sentence rearrangement Exercise 1 : SSC CGL English
Sentence rearrangement Exercise 1 : SSC CGL English
Exercise 1 with answers.
Directions: In question the given questions the first and the last sentence of the passage are numbered 1 to 6.The rest of the passage is split into 4 parts P,Q,R and S.These four parts are not given in the proper order.Read the sentence and find out which of the four combinations is correct.Then find the correct answer and show it by blackening the appropriate oval in the answer sheet.
Q1 1 Advertising affects our lives everyday.
P Brand names are common household words.
Q We start each day using the toothpaste, soap, and breakfast foods promoted by advertisers.
R Ads have made the cars we drive signs of our success.
S Our choices of food, dress, and entertainment are swayed by ads.
6 Not one aspect of American life is untouched by advertising.
Q2 1. There Are Examinations At School Which A Pupil Can Pass By Cramming The Texts.
P But for spiritual knowledge mere memory of holy texts will be of no use in passing the tests.
Q One can score in them by the power of memory.
R A competent guru alone can provide the necessary guidance to an earnest disciple
S What the text says has to be reflected upon and experienced by the speaker
6 Thus, Reading, Reflection And Experience Are The Three Stages In Gaining Spiritual Knowledge.
Q3 1 The Fox And The Crane Remained Friends For A Long Time.
P She served the dishes in a beaker to the fox. The fox could not eat it because the beaker was very high.
Q The crane could not eat the dishes because of its long beak. The next day it was the turn of the crane to host the lunch for the fox.
R But the fox wanted to show that he was cleverer than the crane.
S So one day he invited the crane for dinner and served the dishes on a plate.
6 The Fox put down its head in shame and went away.
Q4 1 Memories of childhood are unforgettable.
P I broke my leg and was in plaster for two months.
Q I clearly remember how everybody in the house was weeping.
R Once my mother loved me very much when I had a bad.
S I was four years old when my grandfather died.
6 These and other memories still come on the inner screen of my mind very often.
Q5 1 I had not gone far when it began to rain heavily.
P Soon the roads began to overflow and the traffic got jammed.
Q I found some buses deserted in deep waters.
R I went from one road to another to get a clear passage to my office.
S But to my ill luck, I found the traffic jammed on every road.
6 I could reach my office only after three hours of great labour.
Q6 1 Unemployment is a burning problem of India today.
P They do not get proficiency in some technical line.
Q The result is that our young men roam about on the roads.
R Our schools and Universities produces more job-seeking men than the jobs available.
S The young men only want office jobs.
6 The incidents of thefts and other unsocial acts are due to unemployment.
Q 7 1 Strikes means not to go for work.
P Strikes are not bad but their method is bad.
Q It is a weapon of the weak against the strong.
R The workers often resorts to strikes to highlight their demands.
S Worker should not go on strikes for longer periods.
6 Let the production not suffer.
Q8 1 Morning walk has many advantages.
P Those who go for morning walk can breathe in the fresh air.
Q They refresh their mind and body and lose their tension.
R Their heart becomes stronger.
S Air is cool and fresh in the morning.
6 They remain happy all the day.
Q9 1 I had a pleasant dream last night.
P There was a merit list.
Q And in happiness I was awakened by my mother.
R My name was at the top and I was very happy.
S I saw my friend in my dream who had a newspaper in his hand.
6 She had a newspaper in her hand and the newspaper still showed me on top.
Q10. 1 Smoking is very injurious to health.
P It affects lungs and causes serious diseases.
Q It is harmful both to a smoker and his companion.
R It pollutes the environment too.
S One of the chief causes of ailment is smoking.
6 Government should take steps to fine the people smoking at public places.
Q11. 1 Punctuality means time-sense.
P It is the ornament of a gentleman and a weapon in the hands of a boss.
Q To fulfil your assignments on time is punctuality.
R They finish their job in time and are able to give finishing touches needed for the job
S Those who are punctual are loved and liked by all.
6 They never miss golden chances and are always successful in life.
Q12. 1 Population problem is a major problem of India.
P There are more men on the same land.
Q We will have to make more schools, more hospitals and more essential things for the growing population.
R There is no increase in our resources.
S But there is a regular increase in our population.
6 If we do not check this problem, poverty will soon overtake us
Q13 1 My Visit to a Science Fair In D.A.V. Senior Secondary School, Shalimar Bagh was a happy experience.
P These model inventions showed the progress of Science in our Schools.
Q The best exhibit was a robot that served us tea.
R The young scientists were explaining their inventions with pride.
S There were 160 exhibits on display.
6 The fair showed the future greatness of our country.
Q14. 1 Rising prices have made the life of common man very difficult.
P It should distribute essential commodities at fair price shops.
Q The greedy traders raise prices to get more profit.
R The Government should help the people.
S The hoarders are chiefly responsible for the rising prices.
6 It should also take steps to check hoarding.
Q15 1 Adult education is essential for Democracy of India.
P The number of grown up illiterates is great.
Q All college and senior School students should come forward to educate the illiterates.
R They should visit villages in the summer vacation.
S Each one will teach one there.
6 This will remove illiteracy and strengthen our democracy.
Sentence rearrangement Exercise 1 : SSC CGL English Answer key
If you have query you can send us in comment section. we will revert.
You can subscribe for regular updates on SSC exams.
You may like similar other posts
- SSC CGL Idioms and phrases beginning with O
- SSC CGL : Idioms and phrases beginning with N
- SSC CGL : Idioms and phrases beginning with M
- SSC CGL Idioms and phrases beginning with L
- SSC English Idioms Phrases starting from K
- SSC CGL : Idioms and phrases beginning with J
- SSC CGL : Idioms and phrases beginning with I
- SSC CGL Idioms and phrases beginning with H
- SSC CGL Idioms and phrases beginning with G
- SSC CGL : Idioms and phrases beginning with F
- SSC English: Idioms and Phrases starting from D
- SSC English Idioms and Phrases starting from E
- SSC: Idioms and phrases starting with C
- SSC English: Idioms and Phrases starting from B
- SSC English : Grammar Tenses Simple Future
- SSC CGL English:Idioms and Phrases starting from A
- SSC English : Grammar Tenses Simple Past
- SSC English : Grammar Tenses Simple Present
- SSC CGL English: IDIOMS & PHRASES
- SSC CGL Test Series 2015 Test Code 104: English portion
- Idioms and phrases for SSC English Tier 1, Tier 2
- SSC CGL Tier 2 English Fill in the blanks series 6
- Solution of English Paper held on 9th Nov (Paper code) Evening
- Sentence Improvement : SSC English Grammar
- How to attempt Close Test : English Improvement Series
- Narration : How to prepare for English ( Narration / Direct and Indirect Speech ) ?
- Improve Your English : ( Narration Direct / Indirect speech)
- How to prepare English for SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam
- SSC : Practice Exercise /Fill in the blanks
- Spelling rules for English Improvement
- How to improve Vocabulary and Test yourself
- Category: Practice tests
- Pinnacle SSC CGL test Series Test Code 103 English Portion
- Sentence Improvement: SSC CGL English Practice Test
- SSC CGL Tier 2 English practise test 201: Explanation
- SSC CGL Tier 2 English practise test 201
- Comprehension practice exercise SSC CGL
- How to attempt comprehension for SSC CGL
- Antonyms (Practice Exercise on antonyms) Test 1