One Word Substitution SSC CGL & CHSL
One Word Substitution SSC
Directions (1-50) : Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words.
Q1. One not concerned with right or wrong
Q2. Call upon God or any other power (like law) etc. for help or protection
Q3. Act of deceiving somebody in order to make money.
Q4. A person who is unable to pay his debts.
Q5. A person coming to a foreign land to settle there.
(C) tourist .
Q7. Killing of a child
Q9. To seize control of a vehicle in order to force it to go to a new destination, or demand something.
Q10. One who hates mankind—
Q11. One who walks on ropes—
Q12. A body of persons appointed to hear evidence and give their verdict in trials.
Q13. One who is beyond reform
Q14. Deep in thought
Q15. Without risk of punishment
Q16. Excessive preoccupation with one’s health
Q17. The worship of idols or images
Q18. A home for dog
Q19. One who intervenes between two or more parties to settle differences
Q20. One who destroys images or attacks popular beliefs
Q21. The first public speech delivered by a person.
(A) Maiden speech
(B) Inaugural speech
(C) Trial speech
(D) Marathon speech
Q22. Placing a thing beside another.
Q23. Building in which dead bodies are kept for a time.
Q24. One who believes that- gaining pleasure is the most important thing in life.
Q25. The sound of the funeral bell
Q26. A method which never fails.
Q27. Something which cannot bebelieved.
Q28. Body of a human being embalmed for burial
Q29. Government by a ruler who has unlimited power.
Q30. An occasion of great importance
Q31. Inability to sleep
Q32. That which cannot be called back
Q33. One who journeys from place to place
Q34. That which cannot be captured
Q35. Detaining and confining someone
Q36. One who compiles a dictionary
Q37. A person who pretends to be what he is not
Q38. Handwriting that cannot be read
Q39. Fear of water
Q40. A legal agreement by which a person borrows money from a bank usually to buy a house
Q41. One who hates women
Q42. A voice that cannot be heard
Q43. Murder of a man
Q44. Animal that feeds on plants
Q45. A paper written by hand
Q46. Related to moon
Q47. To secretly store more than what is allowed
Q48. Very dramatic
Q50. An established principle of practical wisdom
One word substitution test with answers:
You may like similar other articles
- Sentence improvement exercise based on tenses
- English grammar rules (Subject and Verb agreement)
- One word substitution denoting numbers
- One word substitution relating to sciences and art
- One word substitution relating to literary arts
- One word substitution for words relating to death
- One word substitution relating to marriage,family and children
- One word substitution relating to medicine
- Spot the error in the sentence exercise based on tenses
- Find the error in the sentence exercise
- Find the error in the sentence exercise based on tenses
- Some important grammar tips for SSC CGL
- Sentence Rearrangement Exercise 2 : SSC CGL Tier 1, 2
- Sentence rearrangement exercise 4 : SSC
- Sentence rearrangement exercise 5
- Idioms beginning with R : Idioms and phrases A to Z
- Idioms beginning with P : List of A-Z Idioms and phrases
- sentence rearrangement exercise for SSC CGL : 6
- Cloze test for SSC CGL English Tier 1, Tier 2 , SSC CPO
- Sentence rearrangement Exercise 1 : SSC CGL English
- SSC CGL Idioms and phrases beginning with O
- SSC CGL : Idioms and phrases beginning with N
- SSC CGL : Idioms and phrases beginning with M
- SSC CGL Idioms and phrases beginning with L
- SSC English Idioms Phrases starting from K
- SSC English: Idioms and Phrases starting from D
- SSC English Idioms and Phrases starting from E
- SSC: Idioms and phrases starting with C
- SSC English: Idioms and Phrases starting from B
- SSC English : Grammar Tenses Simple Future
- SSC CGL English:Idioms and Phrases starting from A
- SSC English : Grammar Tenses Simple Past
- SSC English : Grammar Tenses Simple Present
- SSC CGL English: IDIOMS & PHRASES
- Idioms and phrases for SSC English Tier 1, Tier 2
Now Get All Notifications And Updates In Your E-mail Account Just Enter Your E-mail Address Below And Verify Your Account To Get More Updates :