SSC CGL 2014 Tier 1 Answer Key of 26th October 2014
Morning Shift Paper Code Download Morning shift Paper Click PDF File
For 26th Oct evening Click
232 NK 4
343 SL 5
454 TH 6
565 QM 7
676 RL 8
787 PK 9
898 NH 0
Evening Shift Code
654 SL 8
765 PK 3
876 QJ 2
987 RH 1
2014: We are publish morning shift answer key, analysis. For that we have taken paper code 565 QM 7. Since all questions are same, sequence is different. Besides we will provide solution of each question so you can tally questions and see complete solution. If you query revert in comment section.
|565 QM 7 Morning 26th Oct|
CGL 2014: English Section :
|Topic||No of questions|
|Fill in the blanks||5|
|One word substitution||7|
|Not even a single question topic|
|Rearrangement of sentences||0|
Analysis : Sentence improvement and Comprehension section dominated the English section. Sentence improvement was the toughest section. A good grasp over vocabulary was needed to understand the whole paper and attempt the questions. Some options were very close such as talismans and amulets.The comprehensions were average and simple direct questions were asked. 30 and above should be a good score for interview post aspirants. For complete explanation wait for our next articles on explanation /solution.
|SN||Verbal Reasoning||No. of Questions|
|5||Direction and Distance||2|
|6||Scheduled Day/ time||0|
|11||Ranking and arrangement||1|
|14||arrangement of words in logical order||2|
|15||cubes and dice||1|
|1||Series ——–Non Verbal||0|
|4||Mirror and Water images||1|
|5||Paper cutting & Folding||2|
|6||Completion of Figure||2|
|8||Deviation of Figure||0|
Once again analogy, series, classification questions dominated. Non verbal just 6 questions. Over all paper was easy. 42+ score should be a good score for interview post aspirants. For complete solution question wise wait for our next article on solution/explanation.
Always a hot topic for SSC. It was easy to moderate. 34 questions came from geometry, algebra, trigonometry, mensuration and data interpretation. Geometry once again 10 question proved that geometry leads in math. New folks new want to prepare must see the below table / analysis. In fact arithmetic is not a math for SSC, these high scoring chapters are the real math for SSC. SSC has set a trend whether you like or not and it will not change for next coming few years.
General Awareness Section. It was quite tough. Science again dominated. 21 Questions came from science. 6 from economics. GK / current combined 8 questions were very vague. SSC aspirants must be thinking what should I study to score high in GK or should concentrate on English, reasoning and math. My suggestion would be always better to study all four sections. 5-6 marks can create a lot of difference. You can not depend on Lucent / Arihant type books by reading few nights. It requires comprehensive study from text books as well regular reader of The Hindu. Over a period we will upload on this website all the material required for SSC CGL . A score of 20+ should be very good in this section.
|Morning 26th Oct||Number of Questions||Q|
|General Science 21 Questions||Chemistry||6|
|GK + Current||8|
CGL 2014: Cut off:
After this analysis I have reached conclusion that cut off is not going to go beyond 94 marks. It should be like this
88-92 general category
75-78 SC SC
So those who are in the range without wastage of time should start preparation for Tier 2. Others can also prepare, preparation never go waste.
General Awareness. For answer see the above key 565 QM 7 Morning 26th Oct
Click PDF File Download Paper
Q1 The famous economist Thomas Robert Malthus in his views regarding population is
- A) optimistic B) partly optimistic partly pessimistic
- C) Pessimistic D) none of the above.
Q2) Non insurable or uncertainty risk is
- A) Change in fashion B) fire
- C) flood D) change in the price of that commodity
Q3) Gold bullion standard refers to
- A) gold coin as an unlimited legal tender. B) gold as the measure of value
- C) free coinage of gold D) no restriction on import and export of gold.
Q4) Laws made by the executive are called
- A) Delegated legislation B) Preferred Legislation
- C) Rule of Law D) Administrative Law
Q5) The word “Oikonomia”means
- A) Household Management B) Individual Management
- C) Political Management D) Fiscal Management
Q6) The word economics is taken from which language?
- A) French B) Greek
- C) German D) English
Q7) Which of the following is a merit of the Presidential form of government?
- A) The fixed tenure of the executive gives it a great sense of stability.
- B) It ensures speedy execution of policies.
- C) It safeguards the liberty of the people.
- D) All of these.
Q8) The two chambers of the Swiss Federal Assembly are called
- A) National Council and council of states
- B) House of Lords and House of Commons.
- C) Senate and House of Representatives.
- D) None of the above.
Q9) Name the Italian traveler who visited the Vijaynagar empire in 1420 AD.
- A) Domingos Paes B) Edoardo Barbosa
- C) Nicolo De Conti D) Abdur Razzag
Q10) Which of the following dynasties established an independent rule in Bijapur?
- A) Imad Shahi B) Nizam Shahi
- C) Qutb Shahi D) Adil Shahi
Q11) Who regarded the second chamber as needless, useless and worse?
- A) Laski B) Maclver
- C) Bentham D) Seeley
Q12) The tenure of the Swiss President is
- A) 3 years B) 2 years
- C) 4 years D) 1 year
Q13) Haemolymph is observed in
- A) anthropods B) echinoderms
- C) ascaris D) anaelids
Q14) The virus without caspid but only with nuclei acids is called
- A) Capsomere B) nucleoid
- C) prion D) virion
Q15) The immunity caused by B-lymphocytes is called
- A) Sterile immunity B) Acquired immunity
- C) Cellular immunity D) Humoral immunity
Q16) Who among the following enjoyed the patronage of sultans from Balban to Ghiyas ud din Tughlaq?
- A) Ibn Batutah B) Badauni
- C) Zia Ud Din Barni D) Amir Khusrau
Q17) The Sufi movement originally started from-
- A) Persia B) Delhi C) Lahore D) Kabul
Q18) Humayun as driven out of Hindustan in 1540 AD after the battle of-
- A) Chausa B) Dourah
- C) Burajgarh D) Kannauj
Q19) Poly metallic nodules also called manganese nodules are found in concentrations-
- A) on continental shelves. B) in deep ocean beds
- C) on lake beds D) in beach sands
Q20) Spot the odd item in the following
- A) Meander B) Delta
- C) Bolson D) Ox bow lake
Q21) Kandla Port is located at-
- A) Gulf of Khambat B) Kori Creek
- C) Gulf of Kutch D) None of the above
Q22) Which of the following forests grow in water logged areas?
- A) Mangrove B) Evergreen
- C) Deciduous D) Coniferous
Q23) Nag Tiba and Mahabharat ranges are included in
- A) Sub Himalayas B) Trans Himalayas
- C) Greater Himalayas D) Lesser Himalayas
Q24) Pink mould is a common name for
- A) Aspergillus B) Rhizopus
- C) Neurospora D) Mucor
Q25) The sleeping sickness is caused by
- A) Escherichia B) Neisseria
- C) Entamoeba D) Trypanosoma
Q26) Combustion is a
- A) Physical and chemical process B) Biological process
- C) Physical process D) Chemical process
27) Which of the following is not a form of carbon?
- A) Soot B) Hematite
- C) Graphite D) Charcoal
28) What is dry ice?
- A) Solid carbon di oxide B) Liquid nitrogen
- C) Ice cubes and saw dust D) Ice cubes and salt
29) The gas commonly used in advertisement signboards and decorative lights is-
- A) Nitrogen B) Chlorine
- C) Hydrogen D) Neon
30) Flow of blood in dorsal blood vessel of earthworm is
- A) Sideward B) Downward
- C) Backward D) Forward
31) Which of the following is biodegradable?
- A) leather belts B) silver foil
- C) iron nails D) plastic mugs
32) Fungi that grow on bark are said to be-
- A) Xylophilous B) Saxicolous
- C) Coprophilous D) Corticolous
33) To an astronaut is space the sky ill appear to be
- A) Violet B) Red
- C) Blue D) Black
34) On a rainy day small oily films on water show brilliant colours.This is due to
- A) Scattering B) Dispersion
- C) Refraction D) Polarisation
35) Natural radioactivity as discovered by
- A) Rutherford B) Marie Curie
- C) Henri Becquerel D) Enrico Fermi
36) Rainbow formation is due to
- A) Absorption of sunlight by water droplets.
- B) Diffusion of sunlight through water droplets.
- C) Ionisation of water droplets.
- D) Refraction and reflection of sunlight by water droplets.
37) CAD stands for
- A) Computer Automatic Design B) Computer Aided Decode
- C) Computer Automatic Decode D) Computer Aided Design
38) Unix Operating system is generally known as
- A) Multi user operating system B) General Application
- C) Single user operating system D) Single user application Program.
39) Who holds the world record as the youngest person to climb the mount everest?
- A) Santosh Yadav B) Phu Dorjee
- C) Bachendri Pal D) Dicky Dolma
40) Hyperplasia means-
- A) Abnormal increase in number of cells B) An increase in the size of the cell
- C) Excessive mobility of muscle D) Voracious eating
41) The part of the root involved in water absorption is-
- A) zone of elongation B) zone of root cap
- C) zone of cell division D) zone of root hairs
42) Who is the prime minister of Australia?
- A) Tony Abbott B) Kevin Rudd
- C) Julia Gillard D) None of these
43) Which is the parent company of mobile giant Nokia?
- A) Finland B) Sweden
- C) Spain D) Germany
44) Where was the G20 Finance and Labour ministers meeting held on 19th July 2013?
- A) New York B) Paris
- C) Moscow D) London
45) Which is the largest man made lake?
- A) Baikal B) Wullar
- C) Govind Sagar D) Rana Pratap Sagar
46) Who took oath as President of Iran on 4th August 2013?
- A) Hassan Rouhani B) Mohammad Bashir Ahmed
- C) Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf D) Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
47) Who as sworn in as the United States ambassador to the United Nations by Joe Biden on 1st August 2013?
(A) Rosemary Di Carlo B) Samantha Power
(C) Zalmay Khalilzad (D) Susan Rice
48) Who on the Rogers Cup Women’s Singles in Lawn Tennis in 2013?
(A) Victoria Azarenka B) Agnieszka Radwanska
(C) Maria Sharapova D) Serena Williams
49) Who was appointed as the Chairperson of the National School of Drama on 19th August 2013?
(A) Adly Mansour B) Sasikumar Venkat
(C) Amal Allana D) Ratan Thiyam
50) To which channel did the Olympic International Committee sell the broadcasting rights for 2014 and 2016 Olympics?
- A) Set Max B) Zee Sports
- C) Star India D) Doordarshan
Paper Download Click PDF File
CGL 2014 Other topics
Other important Topics
Morning Shift explanation Click Here
Evening Shift explanation Click Here
Evening Sift Solution : Click Here
Morning Shift Solution : Uploading soon
Explanation will be uploading soon.
19th Oct Answer keys
Expected Cut off Section Click Here
For notes and other issues search in Google custom search on this site.
for your feedback, questions, doubt share your comments in the below section.