SSC CGL TIER-4 EXAM
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TIER-4
SSC CGL TIER-4 EXAM
The fourth level that is Tier- IV tests the Typing and practical knowledge relating to computers. There is no interview or face to face assessment involved at any level. All the students who qualify for the cut-off list of tier-3 have to appear for Tier-IV. This Tier checks the practical knowledge of the candidates involving parameters such as making spreadsheets, Generating slides, word processing knowledge, typing speed etc. Each of these parameters is discussed one by one below :
SSC releases four separate list (2018) as follows :
Candidates qualified for Tier-III for the post of Assistant Audit Officer
Only Document Verification
Candidates qualified for Tier-III for Junior Statistical Officer (Grade-II)
Only document verification
Candidates qualified for Tier-III /CPT for Assistant Section Officer in CSS and Assistant in MEA
CPT and document verification
Candidates qualified for Tier-III/DEST for all posts(except AAO, ASO/ Assistant (in MEA and CSS) and Junior Statistical Officer (Grade-II)
DEST and Document Verification
WHAT IS SSC CPT?
SSC CPT (Computer Proficiency Test) is qualifying in nature as its scores are not added to the final merit list. In fact here, No exemption from CPT is allowed for any category of PwD candidates. Only those VH candidates who opt for scribes in the written examination will be provided a passage reader at the time of CPT.
SSC CPT (Computer Proficiency Test) comprises of three modules namely
(i) Word Processing
(ii) Spread Sheet
(iii) Generation of Slides
It is conducted for the post of:--
- Assistant Section Officer in CSS, MEA & AFHQ
- Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Assistant (GSI) in the Ministry of Mines
- Inspector (Central Excise)
- Inspector (Preventive Officer)
- Inspector (Examiner) in CBIC
Word Processing: In this examination, candidates are provided with the printed passage for typing on the computer. A candidate is required to type 2000 key depressions/ characters in 15 minutes. The passage however does not contain any formatting ( like Bold, Italics, Underline, coloring etc.) The number of mistakes done while typing are checked. The candidates are expected to have an accuracy level of 95%. Regular practice of typing can help the candidate to sail through this examination without much difficulty. Interested candidates can use the software such as Typing master to ace their level of preparation.
Spreadsheet: In this examination, candidates are provided with a printed sheet. Candidates are expected to replicate the spreadsheet as printed on the sheet by working on Microsoft Excel Software in 15 minutes. Here, simple formulas like Multiplication, profit, percentage etc are asked. Basic Knowledge of MS Excel can help the candidate to sail through this examination without much difficulty.
Slides: In this examination, candidates are provided with a printed sheet with a single slide. Candidates are expected to replicate the slides as printed on the sheet by working on Microsoft Powerpoint Software in 15 minutes. Basic Knowledge of MS PowerPoint (such as header, footer, inserting tables, alignment, bulleting, date, time etc.) can help the candidate to sail through this examination without much difficulty.
NOTE: These modules will be conducted one after the other.
WHAT IS DEST?
DEST (Data Entry Skill Test) is qualifying in nature as its scores are not added to the final merit list. OH candidates opting for the post of Tax Assistant in CBEC are not exempted from Skill Test. HH and VH candidates are not eligible for exemption from the Skill Test.
It is conducted for the post of:-
Tax Assistants (Central Excise & Income Tax)
A candidate has to do 8000 key depressions per hour on a computer which is approximate 2000 key depressions in 15 minutes
Relaxation: VH candidates are allowed 20 minutes.
Nature of Mistake :
FULL MISTAKES: The following errors are treated as full mistakes :
- Any new word/figure added which is not found in the passage.
- For every substitution of a wrong word/figure.
- For every omission of word/figure.
HALF MISTAKES : The following errors are treated as full mistakes :
- Repetition of letters/transposition of letters: If a spelling error is occurred by repetition of/or addition/or transposition of/ omission of a letter(s). For example
‘Innovation’ typed as ‘Inoovation’.
- Mistake in Capitalization: If capital letters are used instead of small letters and vice-versa.
(This is not applicable to Hindi typewriting scripts.)
- Spacing errors: when a candidate makes mistake of giving unnecessary space or no space at all. For example
Right : ‘I can’
Mistake : ‘Ican’
Mistake: ‘I c an’
- The step of Document verification is MUST for all the candidates qualifying in any list.The candidates must carry along with them the photocopies and original documents
- If a candidate wishes/prefers to change his/her job preference can do so at this level. Incase, options are not revised, then the options submitted initially at the time of filling the form will be considered as final. Therefore, candidates must be extremely careful in exercis of such options.
- Candidates should note that the following posts have specific requirements of Physical standards, Physical test and Medical Standards.
- Inspector (Central Excise)
- Inspector (Examiner)
- Inspector(Preventive Officer)-CBIC
Note: If a candidate fails in such tests, his/ her candidature will not be subsequently considered for any other post/ department. Candidates are therefore required to carefully go through these requirements and give their considered preference of posts/ Departments.
The following documents are needed in Documents verification round :
Candidates have to bring two recent passport size colour photographs and one original valid Photo ID Proof while appearing for the Document Verification.
Photo ID Proof can be:
1 Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar.
2 Voter ID Card.
3 PAN Card.
5 Driving License.
6 Government School/ College ID Card.
7 Employer ID (Govt./ PSU).
8 Ex-Serviceman Discharge Book issued by Ministry of Defence
Any other photo bearing ID Card issued by the Central/ State Government
Candidates will have to submit copies of following documents:
- Matriculation/ Secondary Certificate
- Educational Qualification Certificate
- Caste/ Category Certificate, if belongs to reserved categories
- Persons with Disabilities Certificate in the required format, if applicable
- Discharge certificate in case of Ex-Servicemen
6.Relevant Certificate if seeking any age relaxation
- Certificate as per Annexure-V by the Central Government Civilian Employees.
8.No Objection Certificate, in case already employed in Government/ Government undertakings.
After CPT/DEST/Document Verification is completed, SSC will prepare an All India Merit List for each category of post. The final merit will be prepared on the basis of marks secured in Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 and the preference exercised by the candidates.
After CPT/DEST/Document Verification is completed. SSC prepares an All India Merit List for each category of post. The final merit is prepared on the basis of marks secured in Tier1,Tier2,Tier3 and the preference exercised by the candidates.