Last One Year Topic Science and Technology Current Affairs 2020-21
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Last One Year Topic Science and Technology Current Affairs 2020-21
Science and Technology
Last One Year Current Affairs MCQs
Q1.भौतिकी के लिए 2020 का नोबेल पुरस्कार किसने जीता है?
(a) रॉजर पेनरोज
(b) रेनहार्ड गेंजेल
(c) एंड्रिया घेज
(d) इन सभी को
Q1. Who has won the 2020 Nobel Prize for physics?
(a) Roger Penrose
(b) Reinhard Genzel
(c) Andrea Ghez
(d) All of these
- The 2020 Nobel Prize for physics has been awarded to Roger Penrose for black hole discovery and Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez for discovering “a suermassive compact object at the centre of our galaxy.
- Roger Penrose will receive hpalf of this year’s prize “for the discovery that black hole formation is a robust prediction of the general theory of relativity,” and the other half will be shared by Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez for the “discovery of a supermassive compact object at the center of our galaxy.”
- Roger Penrose invented mathematical methods to prove that the general theory of relativity leads to the formation of black holes.
- Genzel and Ghez developed methods to see the center of the Milky Way, which gives us the evidence of a supermassive black hole at the center of the Milky Way.
- Prof Ghez is only the fourth woman to win the Nobel Prize in Physics after Donna Strickland, Maria Goeppert Mayer, and Marie Curie.
Q2. रसायन विज्ञान में नोबेल पुरस्कार 2020 किसने जीता है?
(a) इमैनुएल शारपेंतिए
(b) जेनिफर डाउडना
(c) एंड्रिया घेज़
(d) दोनों (a) और (b)
Q2. Who has won the 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry?
(a) Emmanuelle Charpentier
(b) Jennifer A. Doudna
(c) Andrea Ghez
(d) Both (a) and (b)
- The 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry is awarded to Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A. Doudna “for the development of a method for genome editing.
- In a first in Nobel history, Chemistry prize awarded to a women-only team;
- Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A. Doudna have discovered one of gene technology’s sharpest tools: Genetic scissors: a tool for rewriting the code of life.
- Using these, researchers can change the DNA of animals, plants and microorganisms with extremely high precision.
- This technology has had a revolutionary impact on the life sciences, is contributing to new cancer therapies, and may make the dream of curing inherited diseases come true.
Q3. किस भारतीय-अमेरिकी अंतरिक्ष यात्री को SpaceX Crew-3 मिशन के कमांडर के रूप में चुना गया है?
(a) सेथुरमन पंचनाथन
(b) राजा चारी
(c) रतन लाल
(d) जैजिनी वर्गीज
Q3. Which Indian-American astronaut has been selected as commander of SpaceX Crew-3 mission?
(a) Sethuraman Panchanathan
(b) Raja Chari
(c) Rattan Lall
(d) Jajini Varghese
- Nasa and the European Space Agency (ESA) have selected Indian-American Raja Chari to be the Commander of the SpaceX Crew-3 mission to the International Space Station.
- Raja Chari, 43, is a colonel in the US Air Force. He will be the commander of SpaceX Crew-3 mission while Nasa's Tom Marshburn will be pilot and ESA's Matthias Maurer will serve as a mission specialist. This mission is expected to be launched next year.
Q4. किस देशों के समूह ने हाल ही में STI (Science, Technology and Innovation) घोषणा 2020 को अपनाया है?
(c) G 20
(d) G 7
Q4. Which of the following groups of countries has recently adopted STI (Science, Technology and Innovation) Declaration 2020?
(c) G 20
(d) G 7
- The 8th BRICS Science, Technology and Innovation Ministerial meeting unanimously has adopted BRICS STI Declaration 2020.
- The meeting was held through a virtual platform.
- Science and Technology cooperation among the member countries Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa was discussed in the meeting
- During the meeting, Science and Technology Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan highlighted that the COVID 19 pandemic has been a test, demonstrating that multilateral cooperation is the key to overcoming such global challenges.
Q5.कौन सा राष्ट्र अपना स्वतंत्र क्षेत्रीय नेविगेशन सैटेलाइट सिस्टम रखने वाला दुनिया का चौथा राष्ट्र बन गया है?
Q5. Which nation has become the 4th nation in the world to have its independent Regional Navigation Satellite System?
- India has become the 4th nation in the world to have its independent Regional Navigation Satellite System.
- Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) has been recognised by International Maritime Organisation (IMO) as a part of Worldwide Radio Navigation System (WWRNS)
- 3 countries with IMO recognised navigation system: US, Russia and China
- IRNSS: Designed to provide accurate position information services to assist in the navigation of ships in Indian Ocean waters.
Q6.किस देश ने अंतरिक्ष में "दुनिया का पहला 6G उपग्रह" सफलतापूर्वक लॉन्च किया है?
Q6. Which country has successfully launched "the world's first 6G satellite" into space?
- China has successfully launched "the world's first 6G satellite" into space to test the technology.
- It went into orbit along with 12 other satellites from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in the Shanxi Province.
- The telecoms industry is still several years away from agreeing on 6G's specifications, so it is not yet certain the tech being trialled will make it into the final standard.
- It involves use of high-frequency terahertz waves to achieve data-transmission speeds many times faster than 5G is likely to be capable of.
Q7.WHO ने हाल ही में किस बीमारी के लिए आपातकालीन उपयोग के लिए पहले टीके को मंजूरी दी है?
(d) क्षय रोग
Q7. WHO has recently approved the first-ever vaccine for emergency use to address which disease?
- WHO has listed the nOPV2 vaccine (Bio Farma, Indonesia) for emergency use to address the rising cases of a vaccine-derived polio strain in a number of African and East Mediterranean countries.
- Countries in WHO’s Western Pacific and South-East Asia regions are also affected by these outbreaks.
- The emergency use listing, or EUL, is the first of its kind for a vaccine and paves the way for potential listing of COVID-19 vaccines.
- The world has made incredible progress toward polio eradication, reducing polio cases by 99.9% in the last 30 years.
Q8.किस देश ने चंद्रमा की सतह से नमूने एकत्र करने के लिए सफलतापूर्वक अपना पहला मानवरहित अंतरिक्ष अभियान शुरू किया है?
Q8.Which country has successfully launched its first unmanned space mission to collect samples from the moon's surface and return to earth?
- China has successfully launched its first unmanned space mission to collect samples from the moon's surface and return to earth.
- China has successfully launched the Chang'e-5 lunar probe from the Wenchang Spacecraft Launch Site in the southern province of Hainan
- The spacecraft was launched by a Long March-5 rocket.
- Chang'e-5 is one of the most complicated and challenging missions in China's aerospace history, as well as the world's first moon-sample mission in more than 40 years.
- The United States sent astronauts to the moon to collect samples.
- In the Soviet Union's unmanned lunar sampling missions, the spacecraft took off from the moon and returned to Earth directly.
Q9.भारतीय खगोलविदों ने TMT परियोजना पर किस भौतिकी नोबेल पुरस्कार विजेता के साथ सहयोग किया है?
(a) एंड्रिया घेज
(b) रेनहार्ड जेनजेल
(c) रोजर पेनरोज
(d) रॉबर्ट बी विल्सन
Q9. Indian astronomers have collaborated with which Physics Nobel laureate on the TMT project ?
(a) Andrea Ghez
(b) Reinhard Genzel
(c) Roger Penrose
(d) Robert B. Wilson
- Indian astronomers have collaborated with the 2020 Physics Nobel Laureate
Prof. Andrea Ghez for the design of back-end instruments and possible science prospects of the Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT) project.
- The Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT) is a proposed extremely large telescope (ELT) which is planned to be installed at Maunakea on the island of Hawaii.
- The TMT project is an international partnership between CalTech, Universities of California, Canada, Japan, China, and India, to revolutionize the understanding of the universe and the enigmas in it.
Q10.किस अंतरिक्ष एजेंसी ने हाल ही में पहली बार चंद्रमा की सतह पर पानी की पुष्टि की है?
Q10. Which space agency has recently confirmed water on the surface of the Moon for the first time?
- NASA’s SOFIA (Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy) has confirmed, for the first time, water on the sunlit surface of the Moon.
- This discovery indicates that water may be distributed across the lunar surface, and not limited to cold, shadowed places.
- SOFIA has detected water molecules (H2O) in Clavius Crater, one of the largest craters visible from Earth, located in the Moon’s southern hemisphere.
- Under NASA’s Artemis program, the agency is eager to learn all it can about the presence of water on the Moon in advance of sending the first woman and next man to the lunar surface in 2024 and establishing a sustainable human presence there by the end of the decade.
- SOFIA’s results build on years of previous research examining the presence of water on the Moon.
Q11.डॉ हर्षवर्धन ने हाल ही में “SERB-POWER” नामक एक योजना शुरू की है। "POWER" में "E" क्या है?
Q11. Dr. Harsh Vardhan has recently launched a Scheme titled “SERB-POWER”. What does “E” stand for in “POWER”?
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Health & Family Welfare has launched a Scheme titled “SERB-POWER (Promoting Opportunities for Women in Exploratory Research)”, designed exclusively for women scientists.
- The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), a statutory body of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, has been contemplating to institute a scheme to mitigate gender disparity in science and engineering research in various S&T programs in Indian academic institutions and R&D laboratories.
- SERB – POWER Scheme will have two components namely (i) SERB-POWER Fellowship (ii) SERB- POWER Research Grants.
Q12. भारत किस देश के साथ समुद्री निगरानी उपग्रहों का एक तारामंडल लॉन्च करेगा?
Q12. India along with which country will launch a constellation of maritime surveillance satellites?
- The constellation of maritime surveillance satellites for the Indian Ocean Region, will be jointly launched by India and France.
- It will be able to trace illegal spillage of oil by ships.
- In August last year, CNES and ISRO committed to developing and building a constellation of satellites carrying telecommunications and radar and optical remote-sensing instruments, constituting the first space-based system in the world capable of tracking ships continuously.
- The monitoring centre will be based in India.
Q13.किस विश्वविद्यालय ने वर्ष 2018-19 के लिए सबसे अधिक पेटेंट भरे हैं?
(a) IISc बैंगलोर
(b) दिल्ली विश्वविद्यालय
(c) पंजाब विश्वविद्यालय
(d) चंडीगढ़ विश्वविद्यालय
Q13. Which University has filled the highest number of patents for the year 2018-19?
(a) IISc Bangalore
(b) Delhi University
(c) Punjab University
(d) Chandigarh University
- Chandigarh University Gharuan has emerged as top Stand-Alone University in India for filling the highest number of patents in a year.
- The annual rankings for the year 2018-19 was recently released by Office of Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trademarks, Government of India
- As per the Intellectual Property India annual report released by Government of India, in the overall patents filing category, 27 Indian Institute of Technology (IIT’s) have collectively filed 557 patents and are leading the table but with 336 patents filed in a year
- Chandigarh University Gharuan has emerged as the leading stand-alone institution to file highest number of patents (336) which is followed by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) with 239 patent applications, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) with 202 applications and Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) with 173 applications.
Q14. विश्व अंतरिक्ष सप्ताह कब मनाया जाता है?
(a) 5 अक्टूबर - 11 अक्टूबर
(b) 4 अक्टूबर - 10 अक्टूबर
(c) 6 अक्टूबर - 12 अक्टूबर
(d) 8 अक्टूबर - 14 अक्टूबर
Q14. When is World Space Week observed?
(a) chemistru5 - Oct 11
(b) Oct 4 - Oct 10
(c) Oct 6 - Oct 12
(d) Oct 8- Oct 14
- World Space Week (WSW) is observed from October 4 to 10 every year to celebrate science and technology, and their contribution towards the betterment of the human condition.
- The 2020 theme is “Satellites Improve Life.”
Q15. ट्राइफेड ने "टेक फॉर आदिवासियों पहल" के शुभारंभ के लिए किस IIT के साथ सहयोग किया है?
(a) IIT दिल्ली
(b) IIT मुंबई
(c) IIT कानपुर
(d) IIT रुड़की
Q15. TRIFED has collaborated with which IIT for the launch of “Tech for Tribals initiative”?
(a) IIT Delhi
(b) IIT Mumbai
(c) IIT Kanpur
(d) IIT Roorkee
- TRIFED, under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, has collaborated with Chhattisgarh MFP Federation and IIT, Kanpur, for the launch of “Tech for Tribals initiative”.
- The initiative aims to provide advanced level training to the Vandhan tribal beneficiaries.
- Under the Entrepreneurship and Skill Development Programs of TRIFED has collaborated with MSME for providing skill upgrading and entrepreneurial capacity-building support to the Van Dhan tribal beneficiaries.
- “Tech for Tribals” Initiative:
- Its aim for the holistic development of tribals focuses on entrepreneurship development, soft skills, IT, and business development through SHGs operating through Van Dhan Kendras (VDVKs).
Q16.जूलॉजिकल सर्वे ऑफ इंडिया द्वारा प्रकाशित एक रिपोर्ट के अनुसार; भारत में स्किंक (Skinks) की कितनी प्रजातियाँ हैं?
Q16. According to a recent publication by the Zoological Survey of India; how many species of skinks are there in India?
- “Skinks of India” is a recent publication by the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI).
- India is home to 62 species of skinks and about 57% of all the skinks found in India (33 species) are endemic.
- They are found in all kinds of habitats in the country, from the Himalayas to the coasts and from dense forests to the deserts.
- With 1,602 species of skinks across the world, making it the largest family of lizards, their occurrence in India is less than 4 % of the global diversity.
- With long bodies, relatively small or no legs, no pronounced neck and glossy scales, skinks are common reptiles.
Q17.किस राज्य में डेयरी किसानों के लिए पूरी तरह से स्वचालित डायरेक्ट पेमेंट प्लेटफॉर्म, mooPay ’लॉन्च किया गया है?
Q17. Which state has launched a fully automated direct payment platform, “mooPay”, for dairy farmers?
- IIT-Madras incubated dairy-tech startup, has launched a first-of-its-kind, fully-automated direct payment platform, ‘mooPay’, for dairy farmers in Rajasthan.
- “mooPay” is a payment gateway for dairies and dairy farmers where the dairy officials can transfer milk payments digitally to member farmers from the dairies’ existing bank account to farmers’ savings bank account.
- Directly depositing payments in farmers’ bank accounts will help enhance farmer savings and will also build farmer loyalty to the dairy.
- This will remove the risks and costs of transferring money in cash to hundreds of thousands of farmers in hundreds of villages.
Q18.किस राज्य ने हाल ही में एक मोबाइल जल परीक्षण प्रयोगशाला शुरू की है?
Q18. Which state has recently launched a mobile water testing laboratory?
- The Haryana government has launched a mobile water testing laboratory van, fully equipped with a multi-parameter system containing analysers, sensor, probes and instruments meant for assessing water quality.
- Water quality in Haryana is mainly affected by constituents like total dissolved solids (TDS), fluoride, nitrate, iron and alkalinity. This initiative work under the Jal Jeevan Mission, which aims to provide tap water to rural households by 2024, is being done on a war footing and it gives a lot of emphasis on water quality surveillance and monitoring.
Q19.किस भारतीय प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान ने IoT उपकरणों के लिए माइक्रोप्रोसेसर "MOUSHIK " बनाया है ?
(a) IIT बॉम्बे
(b) IIT दिल्ली
(c) IIT कानपुर
(d) IIT मद्रास
Q19. Which Indian Institute of Technology has made ‘MOUSHIK,’; a Microprocessor for IoT devices?
(a) IIT Bombay
(b) IIT Delhi
(c) IIT Kanpur
(d) IIT Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras Researchers have made ‘MOUSHIK,’ an indigenously-made Microprocessor, that can cater to the rapidly-growing IoT devices, an integral part of Smart Cities of a Digital India.
- MOUSHIK is a processor cum ‘system on chip’ which has been conceptualized, designed and developed at the Pratap Subrahmanyam Centre for Digital Intelligence and Secure Hardware Architecture (PS-CDISHA) of the RISE Group, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras.
- The Project is funded by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India.
Q20. 2 अक्टूबर 2020 को प्रधान मंत्री नरेंद्र मोदी द्वारा किस विज्ञान शिखर सम्मेलन का उद्घाटन किया?
Q20. Which science summit has been inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 2 October 2020?
- Vaishwik Bharatiya Vaigyanik VAIBHAV-virtual Summit will be inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi on 2 October 2020 the birth anniversary of Gandhi ji.
- The virtual summit would be followed by a month-long deliberation session virtually that will start from 3 October to 25 October 2020.
- It will be organized among the researchers through a webinar. The session would conclude on 2 November 2020.
Q21.हाल ही में किस देश ने एक नया महासागर-निगरानी उपग्रह, Haiyang-2C लॉन्च किया है?
(d) दक्षिण कोरिया
Q21.Which country has recently launched a new ocean-monitoring satellite,Haiyang-2C ?
(d) South Korea
Haiyang-2C is a new ocean-monitoring satellite launched recently by China.
- It is the country’s third ocean dynamic environment satellite.
- It can provide all-weather and round-the-clock observation of wave height, sea surface height, wind speed and direction, and temperature.
- HY-2C will form a network with the previous HY-2B and subsequent HY-2D, which is scheduled for launch next year, to carry out high-precision maritime environment monitoring.
Q22. इंजीनियर्स डे के अवसर पर कौन सा डाक टिकट लॉन्च किया गया?
(a) भारत की पहली पनडुब्बी बैलिस्टिक मिसाइल
(b) भारत की पहली एंटी सैटेलाइट मिसाइल
(c) भारत की पहली एंटी-रेडिएशन मिसाइल
(d) भारत की पहली सतह से हवा में मार करने वाली मिसाइल
Q22. Which postage stamp has been launched on the occasion of Engineers Day?
(a) India’s First Submarine Ballistic Missile
(b) India’s First Anti Satellite Missile
(c) India’s First Anti-Radiation Missile
(d) India’s First Surface-to-air missile
- A customized My Stamp on India’s First Anti Satellite Missile (A-SAT) was launched on the occasion of Engineers Day on September 15 in the presence of Ajit Doval, National Security Advisor (NSA).
- The stamp was released by the Department of Posts.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully conducted an Anti-Satellite (A-SAT) missile test ‘Mission Shakti’ from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha on 27th March 2019.
- DRDO developed A-SAT Missile successfully engaged an Indian orbiting target satellite in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) in a ‘Hit to Kill’ mode.
- The interceptor missile was a three-stage missile with two solid rocket boosters.
Q23.वैज्ञानिकों ने हाल ही में किस ग्रह पर फॉस्फीन गैस के लक्षण खोजे हैं?
Q23. Scientists have recently discovered the signs of phosphine gas on which planet?
- An international team of astronomers has announced the finding of phosphine gas in the atmosphere of Venus, triggering excitement about the possibility of the presence of life forms on that planet.
- Apart from being produced in industrial processes, phosphine, a colourless, smelly gas, is known to be made only by some species of bacteria that survive in the absence of oxygen.
Q24. COVID-19 वैक्सीन की वैश्विक खरीद और आपूर्ति का नेतृत्व कौन सा संगठन करेगा?
Q24. Which organization will be leading the global procurement and supply of the COVID-19 vaccine?
- The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) has announced that it will be leading the global procurement and supply of the COVID-19 vaccine in order to ensure that all the countries have safe, equitable, and fast access to the initial doses when they are available.
- This will possibly be the world’s largest and fastest ever operation of its kind.
- UNICEF is the world’s largest single buyer of vaccines for diseases like polio and measles and procures over 2 billion doses on behalf of nearly 100 countries each year.
- The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), in collaboration with the Revolving Fund of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), will be leading the efforts to procure and supply doses of Coronavirus vaccine on behalf of the COVAX Global Vaccines facility for 92 low and lower-middle-income countries, whose vaccine purchases will be supported by the mechanism.
- The UN Agency will be undertaking these efforts in collaboration with the World Health Organisation (WHO), Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and several other partners.
Q25.किस राज्य ने गैर-संचारी रोगों से संबंधित सतत विकास लक्ष्यों (SDGs) के लिए अपने उत्कृष्ट योगदान के लिए संयुक्त राष्ट्र पुरस्कार जीता है?
(b) आंध्र प्रदेश
Q25. Which state has won a UN Award for its "outstanding contribution towards the non-communicable diseases related SDGs?
(b) Andhra Pradesh
- Kerala has won a United Nations award for its "outstanding contribution towards the non-communicable diseases-related sustainable development goals.
- The award was a recognition of the tireless service of Kerala in the health sector.
- The state government has arranged facilities from the basic public health centres to hospitals at all levels to treat the lifestyle diseases
- Kerala Health Minister KK Shailaja
- The UN Interagency Task Force (UNIATF) award this year on prevention and control of non-communicable diseases was announced by World Health Organisation (WHO) director-general Tedros Adhanom.
Q26.किस देश ने चंद्रमा पर ईंट जैसी संरचना बनाने के लिए एक स्थायी प्रक्रिया विकसित की है?
Q26. Which country has developed a sustainable process for making brick-like structures on the moon?
- A team of researchers from the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has developed a sustainable process for making brick-like structures on the moon.
- It exploits lunar soil, and uses bacteria and guar beans to consolidate the soil into possible load-bearing structures.
- These space bricks could eventually be used to assemble structures for habitation on the moon surface.
Q27.चंद्रयान -2 ने चंद्रमा की छवियों को कैप्चर किया है| इनमे से एक क्रेटर का नाम किसके नाम पर रखा गया है?
(a) के सिवन
(b) एपीजे अब्दुल कलाम
(c) विक्रम साराभाई
(d) सतीश धवन
Q27. ISRO has named the image of the moon crater captured by Chandrayaan-2, after _______________.
(a) K Sivan
(b) APJ Abdul Kalam
(c) Vikram Sarabhai
(d) Satish Dhawan
- To mark the completion of one year of centenary celebrations of Dr Vikram Sarabhai, ISRO has announced that Chandrayaan 2 Orbiter has captured the Moon images of Crater and has been named after ‘Vikram Sarabhai’
- The birth centenary year of Dr Sarabhai completed on 12th of August
- "Sarabhai" Crater is named after Dr Vikram Sarabhai and around 250 to 300 kilometres east of this Crater is where the Apollo 17 and Luna 21 Missions had landed.
Q28. रॉकेट इंजन "रमन" का सफल परीक्षण करने वाली पहली भारतीय निजी कंपनी कौन सी है?
(a) New Sky
(b) Skyking Aerospace
(c) Skyroot Aerospace
(d) I Space
Q28. Which is the first Indian private company to test rocket engine "Raman” ?
(a) New Sky
(b) Skyking Aerospace
(c) Skyroot Aerospace
(d) I Space
- The Aerospace Startup Skyroot Aerospace has test-fired an upper stage rocket engine “Raman” and has become the first Indian private company to demonstrate the capability of homegrown rocket engines.
- The 3D printed rocket engine was named after the Nobel Laureate Sir C V Raman.
- The rocket had fewer moving parts and weighed half of conventional rocket engines.
- The rocket was developed by the Skyroot firm that is headquartered at Hyderabad. The Skyroot Aerospace was founded by former scientists of ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization).
- The firm demonstrated the first 100% 3D printed bi-propellant liquid rocket engine injector. This rocket had its overall mass reduced by 50% and total number of components and lead time reduced by 80%.
Q29.किस देश के उपग्रह "एस्ट्रोसैट" ने हाल ही में एक आकाशगंगा से निकलने वाली तीव्र पराबैंगनी (UV) किरणों
का पता लगाया है?
Q29. Which country's satellite "Astrosat" has recently detected extreme Ultraviolet (UV) rays emanating from a galaxy?
- AstroSat, India's first multi-wavelength satellite has detected an extreme ultraviolet (UV) light from a galaxy which is 9.3 billion light-years away from Earth
- A global team led by Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) scientists have achieved the major breakthrough.
- The discovery was made by an international team of astronomers led by Dr Kanak Saha, associate professor of astronomy at the IUCAA
- This team comprised scientists from India, France, Switzerland, the USA, Japan and The Netherlands.
Q30.किस देश ने हाल ही में एक नया ऑप्टिकल रिमोट-सेंसिंग उपग्रह Gaofen लॉन्च किया है?
Q30. Which country has recently launched a new optical remote-sensing satellite Gaofen ?
- China successfully launched a new optical remote-sensing satellite from its Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in northwest China.
- The satellite, Gaofen-9 05, was sent into orbit by a Long March-2D carrier rocket.
- A multifunctional test satellite and another satellite named Tiantuo-5 were also launched via the rocket.
Q31.किसानों की ऋण योग्यता का आकलन करने के लिए कौन सा बैंक उपग्रह डेटा का उपयोग करेगा?
Q31. Which bank will use satellite data to assess credit worthiness of farmers?
- ICICI Bank has announced the introduction of usage of satellite data-imagery from earth observation satellites—to assess creditworthiness of its customers belonging to the farm sector.
- ICICI will be the first bank in India to do so.
- It will use the data to measure an array of parameters related to the land, irrigation and crop patterns and in combination with demographic and financial parameters to make faster lending decisions for farmers
Q32.CII “इंडिया हेल्थकेयर वीक” की थीम क्या है, जो 17 अगस्त 2021 से 21 अगस्त 2020 तक मनाया जायेगा?
(a) Health & Family Welfare
(b) Universal Health Coverage: Everyone, Everywhere
(c) Redefining Healthcare Ecosystem
(d) COVID-19 impact on Indian Healthcare
Q32. What is the theme of the CII “India Healthcare Week” that is observed from 17th August 2021– 21st August 2020?
(a) Health & Family Welfare
(b) Universal Health Coverage: Everyone, Everywhere
(c) Redefining Healthcare Ecosystem
(d) COVID-19 impact on Indian Healthcare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare; Science & Technology and Earth Sciences virtually addressed the inaugural session of the two-day long CII Public Health Conference
- He inaugurated “India Healthcare Week” with the theme “Redefining Healthcare Ecosystem” from 17th – 21st August 2020.
- The week has been initiated by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and the Ministry of Ayush (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy).
Q33.अभिनव उपलब्धियों पर संस्थानों की अटल रैंकिंग के अनुसार देश का सर्वश्रेष्ठ संस्थान कौन सा है?
(a) IIT दिल्ली
(b) IIT मद्रास
(c) IISc बैंगलोर
(d) IIT बॉम्बे
Q33. Which is the best institute of the country as per the Atal Rankings of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA), 2020?
(a) IIT Delhi
(b) IIT Madras
(c) IISc Bangalore
(d) IIT Bombay
- Atal Rankings of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA), 2020 was released. The rankings were announced by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu.
- The Vice President announced the top ten institutes in public funded and five institutes in private and self-reliance categories.
- IIT Madras emerged as the best institute under the institute of national importance category.
Q34.विश्व स्वास्थ्य संगठन द्वारा हाल ही में किस महाद्वीप को पोलियो मुक्त घोषित किया गया है?
(d) दक्षिण अमेरिका
Q34. Which continent has been recently declared polio-free by the World Health Organisation?
(d) South America
- The World Health Organisation has declared Africa polio-free. The disease is now found only in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Nigeria is the last African country to be declared free from wild polio. More than 95% of Africa's population have now been immunised.
- This was the major condition set by the Regional Certification Commission to declare Africa polio free.
- Polio virus spreads from person to person through contaminated water.
- It can attack the nervous system and lead to paralysis.
- Now, only the vaccine derived polio virus prevails in Africa.
Q35.कौन सी अंतरिक्ष एजेंसी ; फुटबॉल स्टेडियम के आकार के गुब्बारे के साथ एक टेलीस्कोप ; समतापमंडल (Stratosphere) में लॉन्च करेगी?
Q35. Which space agency will launch a football stadium-sized balloon with a telescope into the Stratosphere?
- NASA will send a football stadium sized balloon into the stratosphere.
- The balloon will observe wavelengths of invisible light from the earth.
- The balloon has a telescope, sub systems, science instruments, electronic systems and cooling system.
- ASTHROS is Astrophysics Stratospheric Telescope for High Spectral Resolution Observation as Sub millimetre wavelengths. The mission is operated by Jet Propulsion Laboratory of NASA.
- The ASTHROS Mission will be launched from Antarctica in December 2023.
Q36. ISRO ने हाल ही में "फोबोस" की छवियों को कैप्चर किया है। यह किस ग्रह का एक प्राकृतिक उपग्रह है?
Q36. ISRO has recently captured the images of “Phobos” .It is a natural satellite of which planet?
- The Mangalyaan Mission (also known as Mars Orbiter Mission) of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has captured the image of Phobos (the largest Moon or Natural Satellite of Mars) on 1st July 2020.
- The image was shared by ISRO on 3rd July 2020.
- The image of Phobos was captured from a distance of 4200 kilometres by the Mars Orbiter Mission on 1st July. At that time, the Mars Orbiter Mission was at a distance of 7200 kilometres from Mars.
- ISRO has further stated that 210 metres is the spatial resolution of the captured image.
- The Mangalyaan mission was launched on 5th November 2013 from the first launch pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre located in Andhra Pradesh’s barrier island Sriharikota.
- The mission was launched by the Rocket PSLV-C25. It entered the orbit of Mars successfully in the first attempt on 24th September 2014.
- Phobos and Deimos are the two natural satellites of Mars.
Q37. PPE किट के परीक्षण और प्रमाणन के लिए राष्ट्रीय परीक्षण एवं अंशांकन प्रयोगशाला बोर्ड(NABL) ने किस संस्थान को मान्यता दी है?
(a) IIT- दिल्ली
(b) सेंट्रल इंस्टीट्यूट ऑफ पेट्रोकेमिकल्स इंजीनियरिंग एंड टेक्नोलॉजी
(c) नैनो विज्ञान और प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान
(d) केन्द्रीय औषधीय एवं सगंध पौधा संस्थान
Q37. Which Institute has been accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) for Testing & Certification of PPE Kit?
(b) Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology
(c) Institute of Nano Science and Technology
(d) Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
- Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology (CIPET) an apex level premium institute under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Deptt of Chemicals & Petrochemicals, has been accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) for Testing & Certification of PPE Kit.
- PPE kit includes Gloves, Coverall, Face Shield & Goggles, and Triple Layer Medical masks etc in line with International Standards.
- This is another achievement of CIPET in the fight against COVID- 19 Pandemic and a step forward towards ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’.
- After an online audit of its testing facility NABL granted accreditation to CIPET- Centre Bhubaneswar. Some other CIPET centers have also applied for accreditation which is under process.
- CIPET has been taking up the R&D initiatives in the areas of Health Care as per WHO/ ISO guidelines.
- CIPET has also expanded its capacity to test food grain and fertilizer packaging in order to support the essential services during Covid pandemic.
Q38.इंटरनेशनल सेंटर ऑफ ऑटोमोटिव टेक्नोलॉजी (ICAT) ने हाल ही में एक ई-पोर्टल, ASPIRE लॉन्च किया है। ASPIRE में के 'I’ का क्या मतलब है ?
Q38. The International Centre of Automotive Technology(ICAT) has recently launched an e-portal, ASPIRE. What does I stands for in ASPIRE?
- The International Centre of Automotive Technology(ICAT) has launched an automotive technology e-portal, Automotive Solutions Portal for Industry, Research and Education(ASPIRE).
- The key objective of this portal is to enhance the technological capability of Indian automotive sector through exchange of knowledge & expertise.
- It was launched to facilitate the initiative of the Department of Heavy Industry (DHI), Govt. of India to promote Research and Development(R&D) and product development in India for various sectors.
Q39.सरकारी भूमि की सुरक्षा के लिए अंतरिक्ष प्रौद्योगिकी और AI का उपयोग करने वाला भारत का पहला राज्य कौन सा राज्य बन गया है?
(a) आंध्र प्रदेश
(d) पश्चिम बंगाल
Q39. Which state has become the first state in India to Use Space Technology & AI for safeguarding government lands?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(d) West Bengal
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has launched BLUIS - Bhubaneswar Land Use Intelligence System, the flagship development of General Administration and Public grievances departments.Under BLUIS, a web and mobile-based solution has been developed to monitor changes in all government lands in Bhubaneswar.
- Odisha has become the first state in the country to tap space technology and artificial intelligence for safeguarding government lands
- BLUIS is a geo-tagged repository of all the government lands in Bhubaneswar, created through high-resolution satellite imagery to detect all changes taking place on government lands.
- The mobile app also enables crowdsourcing cases of unauthorised land use and can also be used by citizens to report any unauthorised development taking place over geo-tagged government lands.
Q40.हाल ही में भारत के किस राज्य में दुर्लभ पीले कछुए की खोज की गई है?
Q40. A Rare Yellow Turtle has been recently discovered in which Indian State?
- In Odisha’s Balasore district, a farmer Basudev Mahapatra has spotted a turtle which is yellow in colour. It is a product of albinism.
- Albinism is a type of genetic disorder where there is little or no production of pigment in the skin, eyes, and hair or in other species in the fur, feathers, or scales.
Q41. तितली की किस प्रजाति ने भारत की सबसे बड़ी तितली होने का रिकॉर्ड अपने नाम किया है ?
(a) Lesser Batwing
(b) Southern Birdwing
(c) Common Birdwing
(d) Golden Birdwing
Q41. Which species of butterfly holds the record for being the largest butterfly in India?
(a) Lesser Batwing
(b) Southern Birdwing
(c) Common Birdwing
(d) Golden Birdwing
- Since 1932, Southern Birdwing ((Troides Minos) butterfly is considered the largest butterfly in India.
- Recently, new measurements of a Himalayan butterfly named ‘Golden Birdwing (Troides Aeacus)’ and 24 other species of butterfly were published in the BIONOTES
- BIONOTES is a quarterly newsletter that publishes Research Notes and News related to various aspects of life forms.
- As per the study, Golden Birdwing is the largest butterfly in India.
- The female species of the Golden Birdwing had a wingspan of 194 mm that is 4 mm larger than that of the Southern Birdwing with 190 mm wingspan.
- The smallest is the Quaker (Neopithecops zalmora) with a wingspan of 18 mm and forewing length of 8 mm.
Q42.6 जुलाई 2021 को कौन सा देश औपचारिक रूप से विश्व स्वास्थ्य संगठन (WHO) से हट जायेगा ?
Q42. Which country will formally withdraw from the World Health Organization (WHO) on July 6, 2021?
- The United States will formally withdraw from the World Health Organization (WHO) on July 6, 2021.
- The actual project of disentangling the U.S. from WHO began on July 6, 2020, with a letter signed by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. It will take one year to go into effect.
- The US has accused the WHO of siding with China on the outbreak of the virus, which originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan late last year.
- In April, the US stopped funding to WHO as the Trump administration reviewed the ties.
Q43. निम्नलिखित में से किस संगठन ने COVID-19 लॉ लैब लॉन्च की है?
(a) उत्तर अटलांटिक संधि संगठन
(b) विश्व बैंक
(c) अंतर्राष्ट्रीय न्यायालय
(d) विश्व स्वास्थ्य संगठन
Q43. Which of the following organizations has launched COVID-19 Law Lab?
(a) North Atlantic Treaty Organization
(b) World Bank
(c) International Court of Justice
(d) World Health Organization
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has recently launched COVID-19 Law Lab(www.COVIDLawLab.org).
- It is a database of laws that countries had implemented in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The lab is a joint project of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), WHO, the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) and the O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law at Georgetown University.
Q44.WHO द्वारा लॉन्च किया गया COVID-19 Technology Access Pool, C-TAP किस देश द्वारा प्रस्तावित किया गया था?
(d) कोस्टा रिका
Q44. WHO has launched the COVID-19 Technology Access Pool, C-TAP. It was proposed by which country?
(d) Costa Rica
- The World Health Organization has launched the COVID-19 Technology Access Pool, C-TAP, to develop vaccines, tests, treatments and other technologies for the novel Coronavirus and make them available for all the countries.
- Over 30 countries have signed up for their support to this initiative that was proposed by Costa Rican President Carlos Alvarado.
Q45.भारत सरकार द्वारा अनुसंधान को बढ़ावा देने के लिए निम्नलिखित में से कौन सी योजना हाल ही में संशोधित की गई है?
(a) प्रधानमंत्री वैक्सीन अनुसंधान योजना
(b) प्रधान मंत्री अनुसंधान फैलोशिप योजना
(c) प्रधान मंत्री डॉक्टरल अनुसंधान योजना
(d) प्रधान मंत्री प्रायोजित अनुसंधान योजना
Q45. Which of the following schemes has been recently modified by Indian government to boost research?
(a) Prime Minister’s Vaccine Research Scheme
(b) Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship Scheme
(c) Prime Minister’s Doctoral Research Scheme
(d) Prime Minister sponsored Research Scheme
- Union Human Resource Development(HRD) Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ announced various modifications(amendments) in the Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship(PMRF) Scheme to boost research in the country & to enable more students to avail the benefit under the scheme.
- Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering(GATE) Score is reduced to 650 from 750 apart from a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average(CGPA) of 8 or equivalent, for students from any recognised institute or university other than the following institutes;
- Indian Institute of Science (IISC)/Indian Institute of Technology(IITs)/National Institute of Technology(NITs)/ Indian Institute of Science Education & Research(IISERs)/Indian Institutes of Engineering Science and Technology(IIEST)/CF Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIITs)
Q46.वर्ष 2020 के लिए नैनो विज्ञान और प्रौद्योगिकी में युवा कैरियर पुरस्कार से किसे सम्मानित किया गया है?
(a) मुख्तार खान
(b) चन्नी आनंद
(c) यासीन डार
(d) सौरभ लोढ़ा
Q46. Who has been awarded the Young Career Award in Nano Science & Technology for the year 2020?
(a) Mukhtar Khan
(b) Channi Anand
(c) Yasin Dar
(d) Saurabh Lodha
- IIT Bombay Professor Saurabh Lodha has been honoured with the Young Career Award in Nano Science & Technology for the year 2020.
- The Young Career Award in Nano Science & Technology is instituted by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India.
- He has been honoured with this award for his pioneering contributions in the development of logic transistor technologies past silicon and nanoelectronic devices based on two-dimensional Van der Waals materials.
Q47.WHO और UN डाक एजेंसी ने किस बीमारी के उन्मूलन की 40 वीं वर्षगांठ पर एक स्मारक डाक टिकट जारी किया है?
Q47. WHO and the UN postal agency have released a commemorative postage stamp on the 40th anniversary of the eradication of which disease?
- The World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nation (UN) postal agency released a commemorative postage stamp on the 40th anniversary of the eradication of smallpox.
- The commemorative stamp was designed and developed by Sergio Baradat, United Nations Postal Administration (UNPA) in collaboration with WHO.
- The stamp will be available for purchase at unstamps.org and it can be used to mail postcards and letters around the world, provided that they are sent from the UN headquarters in New York, Geneva or Vienna respectively.
Q48.कौन सा देश अगले तीन वर्षों के लिए विश्व स्वास्थ्य संगठन के कार्यकारी बोर्ड की अध्यक्षता करेगा?
Q48. Which country will take over as chair of the World Health Organization’s Executive Board for next three years?
- India will take over as chair of the World Health Organization’s Executive Board after Japan completes its tenure.
- India will continue to hold the chair for the next three years.
- This comes during the time when there are worldwide criticisms faced by WHO.
- Earlier this year, U.S. President Donald Trump defunded the WHO, before criticizing it for acting as a “PR agency” for China. China struck back with a raging social media campaign against Washington.
- The United States initiated an effort to include Taiwan as a participant at the World Health Assembly – the governing forum of the WHO.
- Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan is set to take charge as the chairman of the World Health Organization (WHO) Executive Board on 22 May.
- The Executive Board meeting of the WHO will be held on 22 May.
- The Executive Board is composed of 34 technically qualified members elected for three-year terms.
Q49.परजीवी फफूंद की एक नई खोजी गई प्रजाति का नाम निम्न में से किसके नाम पर रखा गया है?
Q49. A newly discovered species of Parasitic fungus has been named after which of the following?
A new species has just been discovered using a Twitter image and thus has been named as Troglomyces twitteri.
- It is a type of parasitic fungus.
- It belongs to an order called Laboulbeniales — tiny fungal parasites that attack insects and millipedes.
Q50.कौन सा संस्थान कोविद 19 के मद्देनजर प्लाज्मा अनुसंधान करने वाला भारत का पहला अधिकृत अध्ययन केंद्र बन गया है?
(a) अखिल भारतीय आयुर्विज्ञान संस्थान, नई दिल्ली
(b) महात्मा गांधी आयुर्विज्ञान संस्थान
(c) सरदार वल्लभभाई पटेल इंस्टीट्यूट ऑफ मेडिकल साइंस एंड रिसर्च
(d) जे एल नेहरू आयुर्विज्ञान संस्थान
Q50. Which institute has become India’s first authorized study centre to carry out plasma research in view of Covid 19?
(a) All India Institute Of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
(b) Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences
(c) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Medical Science and Research
(d) J L Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences
- Ahmedabad based Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Medical Science and Research became the first authorized study centre in the country to carry out plasma research under trial in view of Covid 19.
- The MoU was signed between ICMR and the institute in this regard
- SVP institute is a government hospital run by City Municipal Corporation which has become a major treatment centre for Covid 19 patients.
- The institute has identified the potential donors for the research and started collecting their plasma.
- The plasma collected from a recovered person was administered to a patient at the medical facility.
- It will carry out ICMR’s multicentric collaborative study for phase-2 open level randomised control trial to assess the safety and efficacy of convalescent plasma to limit COVID-19 associated complications in moderate disease.
Q51.किस संस्था ने विशेष रूप से COVID-19 रोगियों के इलाज के लिए VITAL नाम का एक उच्च दबाव वेंटिलेटर विकसित किया है?
Q51. Which organization has developed a high-pressure ventilator named VITAL specifically to treat COVID-19 patients?
- NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) engineers developed a new, easy-to-build high-pressure ventilator named VITAL (Ventilator Intervention Technology Accessible Locally) specifically to treat COVID-19 patients.
- VITAL is designed to treat patients with milder symptoms, thereby keeping the country’s limited supply of traditional ventilators available for patients with more severe COVID-19 symptoms.
- The device passed a critical test at the Icahn School of Medicine in New York, an epicentre of COVID-19 in the US (United States).
- NASA is now seeking FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approval for the device via an emergency use authorization, a fast track approval process developed for crisis situations that take just days rather than years.
Q52.भारतीय सूचना प्रौद्योगिकी और प्रबंधन संस्थान केरल द्वारा विकसित AI सर्च इंजन को क्या नाम दिया गया है?
Q52. Which AI Semantic search engine has been recently developed by the Indian Institute of Information Technology and Mgmt. Kerala?
- State-run Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management – Kerala has developed an AI Semantic search engine; vilokana- which in Sanskrit means ‘finding out’.
- It enables researchers to get deeper insights into scientific studies, especially about the COVID-19 crisis.
- The search engine is developed by a team led by A.P. James, Professor at Centre for Artificial General Intelligence and Neuromorphic Systems at IIITM.
- The search engine will guide the researchers to the right information very fast.
Q53.मंगल हेलिकॉप्टर का निर्माण किसने किया है जो नासा के Perseverance रोवर के साथ मंगल पर उड़ान भरेगा?
(a) ऋषि देसाई
(b) बॉब बालाराम
(c) गीता रामजी
(d) राजा चारी
Q53. Who has created the Mars Helicopter that will fly over Mars with NASA's Perseverance rover?
(a) Rishi Desai
(b) Bob Balaram
(c) Gita Ramjee
(d) Raja Chari
- Indian Institute of Technology's alumnus Bob Balaram has created a space chopper which will fly over the Martian skies. The helicopter created by him will fly over Mars with NASA's Perseverance rover.
- NASA’s Mars Helicopter, which will be attached to NASA’s Mars Rover named Perseverance during the mission, has successfully completed its testing stages.
- It will be the first aircraft to be flown on any other planet in human history.
- The testing phase marked the last time that the rotors of the helicopter have been operated on Earth and the next flight to be taken by the helicopter will be straight on Mars.
- The Mars helicopter comes as a part of a larger initiative in the shape of a rover named Perseverance.
Q54.हाल ही में किस देश में दुर्लभ लेदरबैक सी टर्टल (Leatherback Sea Turtle )के घोंसले पाए गए हैं?
Q54. The largest number of nests of the rare Leatherback sea turtles have been recently found in which country?
(d) Thailand (april )
- The largest number of nests of the rare Leatherback sea turtles were found in Thailand.
- This was mainly because the beaches in Thailand were deserted due to COVID-19 lock down.
- With more than 2,765 infections in Thailand, the country has imposed a travel ban and lock down. This has increased the number of leatherback sea turtles to build nests. Around 11 turtle nests were found and this was the highest in 20 years.
- The Leatherback Turtles are the world’s giant sea turtles. They are considered vulnerable under the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) red list of threatened species.
- In Thailand, they are considered endangered.
Q55.जूलॉजिकल सर्वे ऑफ इंडिया (ZSI) ने हाल ही में हिमालयन Ibex को साइबेरियन Ibex की एक विशिष्ट प्रजाति साबित किया है। Ibex निम्नलिखित में से किस जानवर की प्रजाति है?
Q55. Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) has recently proved that Himalayan Ibex, is a distinct species from the Siberian Ibex. Ibex is a species of which of the following animals?
- A recent study by scientists of the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) has proved that Himalayan Ibex, distributed in the trans-Himalayan ranges of Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh and Himachal Pradesh, is a distinct species from the Siberian Ibex.
- The latest genetic analysis provided first evidence to claim that Himalayan Ibex is genetically different from all other ranges of Siberian Ibex.
- It is a species of wild goat and is distributed in diverse habitats, ranging from cold deserts, rocky outcrops, steep terrain, high-land flats and mountain ridges to low mountains and foothills.
- Siberian ibex is a polytypic species, plausibly formed by lumping of at least 2 species and or 3 to 4 sub-species.
Q56.हाल ही में धान की एक नई किस्म 'सह्याद्री मेघा,' किस राज्य में विकसित की गई है?
(d) आंध्र प्रदेश
Q56. 'Sahyadri Megha,' a new red variety of paddy has been recently developed in which state?
(d) Andhra Pradesh
- The University of Agricultural and Horticultural Sciences (UAHS) of Shivamogga developed 'Sahyadri Megha,' a new red variety of paddy, as a part of its initiative to prevent a decline in the area under paddy cultivation. The new red variety of paddy is resistant to blast disease and is rich in nutrients.
- Sahyadri Megha variety of paddy is developed under the hybridization breeding method by crossing Jyothi variety with Akkalu, a native disease-resistant, and protein-rich paddy variety.
- The research work for the development of high-level resistance to blast disease was commenced in 2009.
- The new variety of paddy was approved by the State-level Seed Sub-Committee. The new variety will be made available for farmers from the coming Kharif season.
Q57.दुनिया की अंतिम मादा सफेद जिराफ को किस देश में शिकारियों द्वारा मार दिया गया है?
Q57. World’s last female white giraffe has been killed by poachers of which country?
- Poachers have killed two extremely rare white giraffes in Kenya, leaving just one such animal in the world.
- The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) had classified giraffes as vulnerable in the Red List in December 2016.
- They are listed under Appendix II of the CITES.
- The two giraffes to be killed were a mother and her seven-month-old calf. The mother’s other male calf is the one that survived.
- The white appearance of the giraffe is due to leucism, a genetic condition that causes skin cells to have no pigmentation.
- The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) had classified giraffes as vulnerable in the Red List in December 2016, when it noted that their population had dropped by over 40 per cent since 1985.
- Further, as per IUCN, large losses of the species have occurred in East Africa, where roughly 86,000 giraffes have died since 1985.
Q58.WhatsApp किस संगठन के साथ साझेदारी में कोरोनवायरस वायरस हब लॉन्च करेगा?
(d) ये सभी
Q58. WhatsApp will launch Coronavirus Information Hub in partnership with which organization?
(d) All of these
- WhatsApp has announced the launch of Coronavirus Information
- Hub in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme, the World Health Organization and UNICEF.
- The WhatsApp Coronavirus Information Hub provides simple, actionable guidance for health workers, educators, community leaders, nonprofits, local governments and local businesses that rely on WhatsApp to communicate.
- These recommendations provide quick guidance on how small groups can make the most of WhatsApp features, and will be distributed by UNDP to those coordinating local efforts.
- In addition, WhatsApp is working with the WHO and UNICEF to provide messaging hotlines for people around the world to use directly.
Q59.कोरोना लॉकडाउन के दौरान किस आईआईटी ने "Project Isaac" लॉन्च किया है?
(a) IIT, कानपुर
(b) IIT, मद्रास
(c) IIT, दिल्ली
(d) IIT, गांधीनगर
Q59. Which IIT has launched “Project Isaac” during Corona lockdown?
(a) IIT, Kanpur
(b) IIT, Madras
(c) IIT, Delhi
(d) IIT, Gandhinagar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar has launched Project Isaac to engage its students in creative projects to enhance their critical skills while they are confined to their homes because of Coronavirus.
- The project is inspired by Sir Isaac Newton, who was similarly sent home by Trinity College, Cambridge, because of the Great Plague of London in 1665.
- Students can take part in competitions online. Nearly 40 percent of IITGN students are already participating in various activities, which are entirely voluntary.
Q60.जनवरी 2021 में 108 वें भारतीय विज्ञान कांग्रेस की मेजबानी कौन सा शहर करेगा?
(c) नई दिल्ली
Q60. Which city will host the 108th Indian Science Congress in January 2021?
(c) New Delhi
- Pune will host the 108th Indian Science Congress in January 2021.
- This will be the fourth time that the city will host the prestigious meet in the last 100 years.
- The event, set to be held at Symbiosis International University’s Lavale campus, will be themed on ‘Science and Technology for Sustainable Development with Women Empowerment’ and focus on economic growth, environmental protection and social inclusion of all communities using science and technology.
- Dr Vijay Laxmi Saxena has been elected general president of the Indian Science Congress, 2021.
Q61.हाल ही में किस टेक कंपनी ने भारत में महिला उद्यमिता को बढ़ावा देने के लिए CSR, प्रगति को लॉन्च किया है?
Q61. Which tech company has recently launched its CSR, Pragati to boost women entrepreneurship in India?
- Facebook India called for applications for its CSR initiative, Facebook Pragati, powered by N/Core (The/Nudge Centre for Social Innovation).
- The initiative will incubate and accelerate early-stage women-led non-profits that are working to drive women entrepreneurship and to spread awareness and adoption of technology among women in India.
- Facebook Pragati will award four grants of up to ₹50 lakh for each non-profit to scale their work.
Q62.COVID-19 के लिए भारत की पहली परीक्षण किट विकसित करने वाली टीम का प्रमुख कौन है?
(a) अंजनी राठौर
(b) कृतिका शुक्ला
(c) मीनल दाखवे भोंसले
(d) बबीता रायडू
Q62. Who was the head of the team which developed India's first testing kit for COVID-19?
(a) Anjani Rathore
(b) Kritika Shukla
(c) Minal Dakhave Bhosale
(d) Babita Rayudu
- Pune based Mylab Discovery has become the first company in the country to receive approval for its coronavirus diagnostic test kits.
- Under the research and development chief, Minal Dakhave Bhosale, the coronavirus testing kit called Patho Detect, was developed in just six weeks.
- she submitted the kit to the National Institute of Virology (NIV) for evaluation on March 18th
- India's first coronavirus testing kit hit Indian markets in a bid to increase frequency of testing and to confirm or rule out the Covid-19 infection.
- Mylabs Discovery Solutions, which received statutory approvals from authorities, can manufacture over 15,000 testing kits per day from its facility in Pune district
Q63.बजट 2020 में सबसे बड़े विज्ञान मिशन की घोषणा की गई है। इस Quantum Technologies मिशन का कुल परिव्यय क्या है?
(a) 1000 करोड़ रु
(b) 8000 करोड़ रु
(c) 5000 करोड़ रु
(d) 4000 करोड़ रु
Q63. The largest-ever science mission has been announced in the budget 2020. What is the total outlay for this mission on Quantum Technologies?
(a) Rs 1000 Crore
(b) Rs 8000 Crore
(c) Rs 5000 Crore
(d) Rs 4000 Crore
- The government in its budget 2020 has announced a National Mission on Quantum Technologies & Applications with a total budget outlay of Rs 8000 Crore for a period of five years to be implemented by the Department of Science & Technology
- It is the largest ever science mission.
- Quantum technologies are rapidly developing globally with a huge disruptive potential.
- The next-generation transformative technologies that will receive a push under this mission include quantum computers; quantum devices, quantum sensing, quantum clock and so on.
- The areas of focus for the Mission will be in fundamental science, translation, technology development, human and infrastructural resource generation, innovation and start-ups to address issues concerning national priorities.
Q64. विज्ञान और प्रौद्योगिकी विभाग द्वारा SATHI पहल शुरू की गई है| जिसमे S का क्या मतलब है?
Q64. The “SATHI” initiative has been launched by the Department of Science and Technology. In which what does S mean?
- The Department of Science & Technology has launched a unique scheme called “Sophisticated Analytical & Technical Help Institutes (SATHI)”.
- These Centres are expected to house major analytical instruments to provide common services of high-end analytical testing, thus avoiding duplication and reduced dependency on foreign sources.
- DST has already set up three such centres in the country, one each at IIT Kharagpur, IIT Delhi and BHU at a total cost of Rs 375 Cores.
- It is planned to set up five SATHI Centres every year for the next four years.
Q65.कौन सा देश अपना पहला Geo इमेजिंग सैटेलाइट GISAT-1 लॉन्च करेगा?
Q65. Which country will launch its first-ever Geo Imaging Satellite GISAT-1?
- India will send up an unusually large number of 10 earth observation (EO) satellites during 2020-21, according to the latest annual report of the Indian Space Research Organisation for 2019-20.
- The launches include the first-ever Geo Imaging Satellite GISAT-1's launch into space which would add to the capabilities of the nation. It should also be noted that in the ongoing 2019-20 year, the ISRO had planned to launch six earth observation satellites into space, of which two are still to be launched.
Q66.वन्य प्राणियों के प्रवासी प्रजाति के संरक्षण पर कन्वेंशन के 13 वें CoP सम्मेलन का आयोजन किस देश में किया ______?
(a) दक्षिण कोरिया
Q66. The 13th COP of the Convention on Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals was held in which country?
(a) South Korea
- The 13th Conference of Parties (COP) of the Convention on Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals is to be held in India between February 17, 2020 and February 22, 2020.
- The Conference is called the CMS-COP-13 in short.
- The Conference is to be hosted by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change on behalf of India.
- India has been designated as the President of the Conference for the next three years.
Q67.निम्नलिखित में से किस प्रजाति को विलुप्त होती प्रवासी प्रजातियों की वैश्विक सूची में शामिल किया जाएगा?
(a) भारतीय चीता
(b) एशियाई हाथी
(c) ग्रेट इंडियन बस्टर्ड
(d) दोनों (b) और (c)
Q67. Which of the following species will be included in the global list of extinct migratory species?
(a) Indian Cheetah
(b) Asian elephant
(c) Great Indian Bustard
(d) Both (b) and (c)
- The Asian elephant and the ‘great Indian bustard’ bird have been added to the list of migratory species that are ‘threatened with extinction’ under the 13th Convention of Parties (CoP) that will bring together 130 countries in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- This was stated by Prakash Javadekar, Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, in New Delhi.
- Ahead of the CoP, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has floated a draft Visionary Perspective Plan (2020-2030) for conservation of avian diversity, their ecosystems, habitats and landscapes in the country.
Q68.अंतरिक्ष में सबसे लंबे समय तक लगातार रहने का रिकॉर्ड बनाने वाली क्रिस्टीना कोच हाल ही में पृथ्वी पर लौटी हैं। कोच ने अंतरिक्ष में कितने दिन बिताए?
(a) 356 दिन
(b) 328 दिन
(c) 325 दिन
(d) 365 दिन
Q68. Christina Koch who made a record of the longest continuous stay in space has recently returned to Earth. Koch spent how many days in the Space?
(a) 356 Days
(b) 328 Days
(c) 325 Days
(d) 365 Days
- US Astronaut Christina Koch returned to Earth on February 6, 2020 after a record space station mission.
- She completed 328 days aboard the International Space Station, the most by any woman, surpassing previous record-holder Peggy Whitson’s 289-day record.
- She landed in Kazakh desert steppe of Kazakhstan in a Soyuz MS-13 capsule.
- Koch, however, fell short of Scott Kelly’s all-time US record by 12 days.
- Koch broke the record of NASA’s Peggy Whitson for the longest continuous stay in space by a woman.
Q69.वर्ष 2020 में इसरो का पहला उपग्रह कौन सा है जिसे फ्रेंच गुएना से लॉन्च किया जाएगा?
(b) GSAT -31
(c) आदित्य- L2
Q69. Which is ISRO's first satellite of 2020 that will be launched from French Guiana?
- The Indian Space Research Organisation is ready to launch its GSAT-30, a heavy communication satellite on January 17.
- The launch will take place at the Kourou space centre in French Guiana. GSAT-30 will launch on board an Ariane-5 rocket, which belongs to the European Space Agency (Arianespace).
- Arianespace launched ISRO’s GSAT-31 on February 6 last year. GSAT-31 has a 1-2K bus structure to provide communication services from a geostationary orbit in Ku-band for 15 years.
- GSAT-30 is ISRO’s first satellite to launch in 2020.
- It will augment the capacity to provide communication links to state-run and private service providers.
Q70.भारतीय अंतरिक्ष अनुसंधान संगठन (ISRO) किस राज्य में दूसरा लॉन्च पोर्ट स्थापित करेगा?
(c) आंध्र प्रदेश
Q70. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will establish a second launch port in which state?
(a) Tamil Nadu
(c) Andhra Pradesh
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is gearing up for two major missions in 2020. Chandrayaan-3 — the country’s third lunar mission — and Gaganyaan — the ambitious manned indigenous space mission.
- The Gaganyaan mission is expected to commence in Russia from the last week of January. So far, four astronauts have been identified for the mission from the Indian Air Force; no woman has been selected.
- ISRO will also be taking up over 25 other missions this year.
- The work-related to Chandrayaan-3 and Gaganyaan are going on simultaneously and the government has approved our third lunar mission — Chandrayaan-3.
- The Chandrayaan-3 mission is slated to be launched later this year or early in 2021.
Q71. इसरो ने अंतरिक्ष प्रौद्योगिकी अनुप्रयोगों के क्षेत्र में उन्नत अनुसंधान करने के लिए किस NIT के साथ भागीदारी की?
(a) NIT कर्नाटक
(b) NIT राउरकेला
(c) NIT कुरुक्षेत्र
(d) NIT रायपुर
Q71. ISRO has partnered with which NIT to carry out advanced research in the area of space technology applications?
(a) NIT Karnataka
(b) NIT Rourkela
(c) NIT Kurukshetra
(d) NIT Raipur
- Indian Space Research Organization has partnered with National Institute of Technology, Karnataka to carry out advanced joint research and development activities in the area of space technology applications.
- This partnership will see ISRO set-up a Regional Academic Centre for Space (RAC-S) at NITK Surathkal and the two agencies are set to sign a MoU in this regard on January 3.
- The MoU will facilitate advanced research in areas of relevance to future technological and programmatic needs of Indian Space Programme.
- The centre will act as facilitator for promotion of space technology activities in southern region comprising Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Kerala and Lakshadweep.
Q72.चीनी पैडलफिश को विलुप्त घोषित कर दिया गया है। वह किस नदी की मूल प्रजाति थी?
(a) हुई नदी
(b) मेकांग नदी
(c) यांग्त्ज़ी नदी
(d) लियाओ नदी
Q72. Chinese paddlefish has been declared extinct. That was the native to which river?
(a) Huai river
(b) Mekong river
(c) Yangtze river
(d) Liao river
Chinese paddlefish found in the Yangtze declared extinct.
- It is native to the Yangtze, Asia’s longest river.
- It is one of the world’s largest species of freshwater species.
- It has been declared extinct by Chinese scientists. The last confirmed sighting of the fish was in 2003.
Q73. विश्व स्वास्थ्य संगठन ने किसके 200 वें जन्मदिन के सम्मान में; वर्ष 2020 को "नर्स और मिडवाइफ के वर्ष" के रूप में चुना है|
(a) मैरी सीकॉल
(b) क्लारा बार्टन
(c) फ्लोरेंस नाइटिंगेल
(d) एना नेरी
Q73.The World Health Organisation has selected the year 2020 as the “Year of the Nurse and Midwife in the honor of the 200th birthday of ___________.
(a) Mary Seacole
(b) Clara Barton
(c) Florence Nightingale
(d) Ana Néri
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) selected the year 2020 as the “Year of the Nurse and Midwife”.
- It was decided in the honor of the 200th birthday of Florence Nightingale.
WHO said that nurses and midwives are the people who devote their lives to caring for children and mothers, looking after senior citizens and giving lifesaving immunizations.
- World Health Organisation will also launch the world’s first State of the World’s Nursing report in 2020.
Q74. भारत का पहला सौर-आधारित एकीकृत बहु-ग्राम जल आपूर्ति परियोजना किस राज्य में शुरू किया गया है?
(c) अरुणाचल प्रदेश
Q74. India's first solar-based Integrated Multi-Village Water Supply Project has been launched in which state?
(c) Arunachal Pradesh
- Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has dedicated India's first solar-based Integrated Multi-Village Water Supply Project to the people of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The solar-based lift water supply project for 39 villages in Lower Dibang Valley district in northeastern Arunachal Pradesh was commissioned at a cost of Rs 28.50 crore.
- The project is as per Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision for utilisation of multiple resources.
Q75.भारत के पहले विकेन्द्रीकृत सौर कन्वर्जेंस प्रोजेक्ट किस राज्य में स्थापित की जाएगी?
Q75. India’s first decentralized solar Convergence Project will be set up in which state?
- An MoU has been signed between Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) and the Department of New & Renewable Energy, Goa, for India’s first decentralized solar Convergence Project in Goa.
- It will accelerate the usage of renewable energy sources in Goa and meet its agricultural and rural power consumption.
- It will help provide clean energy at affordable rates and also reduce the Transmission & Distribution (T&D) losses.
- EESL will install solar energy projects on the vacant or unused land provided by the Gram Panchayats and electricity board.
- It will be the first of its kind convergence project, which will generate green energy for agriculture and rural consumption. It will help in providing electricity to agricultural pumps, LED lights, etc.
- Goa is the first state to implement this kind of Convergence Project in the country.
For PDF and Video click here Science and Technology