Last One Year Defence Current Affairs 2020-21
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Last One Year Topic-wise Current Affairs: Defence Affairs 2020-21
Last One year Current Affairs MCQs
Q1.नवंबर 2020 में, द्विपक्षीय समुद्री अभ्यास ‘SIMBEX’ किन दो देशों के बीच आयोजित किया गया है?
(a) भारत और श्रीलंका
(b) भारत और सिंगापुर
(c) भारत और स्विट्जरलैंड
(d) सिंगापुर और श्रीलंका
Q1.In Nov 2020, the Bilateral Maritime ‘Exercise SIMBEX’ has been conducted between which two countries?
(a) India and Sri Lanka
(b) India and Singapore
(c) India and Switzerland
(d) Singapore and Sri Lanka
- Indian Navy is hosting the 27th edition of India -Singapore Bilateral Maritime Exercise SIMBEX-20 from 23 to 25 November 2020 in Andaman Sea.
- The SIMBEX series of exercises between the Indian Navy and Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN), being conducted annually since 1994, are aimed at enhancing mutual interoperability and imbibing best practices from each other.
- The scope and complexity of these exercises have increased steadily over the past two decades to include advanced naval drills covering a wide spectrum of maritime operations.
- The 2020 edition of SIMBEX will witness participation by Indian Navy ships including destroyer Rana with integral Chetak helicopter and indigenously built corvettes Kamorta and Karmuk.
Q2. निम्नलिखित में से कौन सा देश त्रिपक्षीय समुद्री अभ्यास 'SITMEX -20' का हिस्सा नहीं है?
Q2. Which of the following countries have not been a part of the trilateral maritime exercise; ‘SITMEX-20’?
(d) Sri Lanka
- The Indian Navy is participating in the two-day trilateral maritime exercise SITMEX-20 in the Andaman sea along with the navies of Singapore and Thailand.
- Indian naval ships, including indigenously-built anti-submarine warfare corvette Kamorta and missile corvette Karmuk, are participating in the 2nd edition of the trilateral exercise
- The first edition of SITMEX, hosted by Indian Navy, was conducted off Port Blair in September 2019.
- The SITMEX series of exercises are conducted to enhance mutual interoperability and imbibing best practices between IN, Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) and Royal Thai Navy (RTN).
Q3.DRDO के अध्यक्ष जी सतीश रेड्डी ने नवंबर 2020 में किस हैवीवेट टॉरपीडो को हरी झंडी दिखाई है?
(c) जल अस्त्र
(d) व्यास अस्त्र
Q3. DRDO Chairman G. Satheesh Reddy has flagged off which heavyweight torpedo?
- The Defence Research Development Organization Chairman G. Satheesh Reddy flagged off the first Varunastra, the heavyweight torpedo.
- The torpedo was designed and developed by the Bharat Dynamics Limited, Visakhapatnam Unit of Indian Navy.
- In June 2019, the Indian Ministry of Defence awarded a contract worth ₹1,187 crore (US$170 million) to the company to mass-produce the torpedo for the Indian Navy.
- BDL is also the production agency for Astra Air- to- Air Missile System and has commenced manufacturing of these missiles.
- The Varunastra (Sanskrit वरुणास्त्र) is the water weapon (a storm) according to the Indian scriptures, incepted by Varuna, god of hydrosphere.
Q4. वर्ष 2020 में; मालाबार नौसेना अभ्यास में अमेरिका, जापान और भारत के साथ अन्य किस देश ने भाग लिया?
Q4. Which other country has participated in Malabar Naval Exercise 2020 along with the US, Japan and India?
(b) New Zealand
- Australia has participated in the Malabar naval exercise, involving the United States, Japan and India, to bring the four key partners in the Indo-Pacific region together next month.
- In a significant move that comes amid an India-China border row, India announced Australia's participation in the upcoming Malabar exercise along with the US and Japan, effectively making it the first military-level engagement between the four-member nation grouping - the Quad.
- The invitation by India to the Australian navy for the exercise next month came two weeks after the foreign ministers of the Quad held extensive talks in Tokyo with a focus on enhancing their cooperation in the Indo-Pacific, a region that has been witnessing increasing Chinese military assertiveness.
Q5.मालाबार नौसैनिक अभ्यास 2020 के दूसरे चरण का आयोजन निम्नलिखित में से किस क्षेत्र में किया गया है?
(a) दक्षिण चीन सागर
(b) बंगाल की खाड़ी
(c) उत्तरी अरब सागर
(d) हिंद महासागर
Q5. The second phase of the Malabar naval exercise 2020 has been organized in which of the following regions?
(a) the South China Sea
(b) Bay of Bengal
(c) Northern Arabian Sea
(d) Indian Ocean
- India, US, Japan and Australia will participate in the second phase of the Malabar naval exercise in the Northern Arabian Sea from November 17 to November 20.
- It is the first time in over a dozen years that the four countries are participating in such a large naval exercise.
- The first phase was conducted earlier this month off the Visakhapatnam coast.
- The four countries also form the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue or the Quad, and their coming together for a major wargame sends a strong message to China at a time when India and China are involved in a military standoff in eastern Ladakh.
Q6. टेरेसा द्वीप में अंडमान और निकोबार कमान द्वारा कौन सा संयुक्त सेवा अभ्यास आयोजित किया गया है?
(a) मित्र शक्ति
(b) टाइगर ट्रायम्फ
(c) बुल स्ट्राइक
(d) वज्र प्रहार
Q6. Which joint services exercise has been conducted by the Andaman and Nicobar Command at Teressa Island?
(a) Mitra Shakti
(b) Tiger Triumph
(c) Bull Strike
(d) Vajra Prahar
- The Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) conducted a three-day joint services exercise code named ‘Bull Strike' at the remotely located Teressa Island.
- Indian Army’s Parachute Brigade, Marcos and Special Forces were part of the exercise that happened between November 3 and November 5, 2020, at the remotely located Teressa Island, in the strategically important Nicobar Group of Islands.
- The major training activities comprised combat free fall and paradrop from strategic lift aircraft C-130 by a company of Para Commandos from the mainland, action by MARCOS of Indian Navy and Special Heli Borne Operations (SHBO) by Indian Army Ghatak platoons.
Q7.सेना प्रमुख जनरल मनोज मुकुंद नरवणे को किस देश की सेना के जनरल के मानद रैंक से सम्मानित किया गया है?
Q7. Army Chief General MM Naravane has been conferred the honorary rank of General of which country’s Army?
(b) Sri Lanka
- Army Chief General MM Naravane has been conferred the honorary rank of General of the Nepali Army by President Bidya Devi Bhandari in Kathmandu.
- He was honoured at a special ceremony at the President's official residence 'Shital Niwas' in Kathmandu.
- He was also presented with a sword and scroll during the function.
- The ceremony was attended by the Prime Minister of Nepal K.P. Sharma Oli, Indian Ambassador Vinay M. Kwatra and other senior officials of both the countries.
- During the meeting, General Naravane conveyed his gratitude for the honour bestowed upon him and also discussed measures to further enhance bilateral cooperation.
Q8. नवंबर 2020 में, संयुक्त राज्य अमेरिका ने किस देश के साथ एक संयुक्त नौसेना अभ्यास CARAT आयोजित किया?
Q8. In Nov 2020; the United States held a joint Naval Exercise CARAT with which country?
(a) the Philippines
- Bangladesh and the United States held a joint Naval Exercise CARAT. CARAT is Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training. The exercise was held at Chittagong.
- This is the first year the exercise is supported by the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime and the Bali Process Regional Support Office.
- It is a series of annual bilateral military exercises conducted by the US Pacific fleet with countries such as Bangladesh, Cambodia, Brunei, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Singapore and Thailand.
- The focus of the exercise is mainly on ASEAN.
Q9.किस कमांड हॉस्पिटल को सर्वश्रेष्ठ कमांड हॉस्पिटल- रक्षा मंत्री ट्रॉफी से सम्मानित किया गया है?
(a) कमांड अस्पताल पुणे
(b) कमांड हॉस्पिटल लखनऊ
(c) कमांड हॉस्पिटल कोलकाता
(d) कमांड हॉस्पिटल बेंगलुरु
Q9. Which hospital has been awarded the Raksha Mantri Trophy for Best Command Hospitals?
(a) Command Hospital Pune
(b) Command Hospital Lucknow
(c) Command Hospital Kolkata
(d) Command Hospital Bengaluru
- Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh gave away the Raksha Mantri Trophy for Best Command Hospitals Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) for the year 2019.
- Command Hospital (Air Force) Bengaluru has backed the Best Command Hospital for the year 2019.
- Command Hospital (Eastern Command) Kolkata has backed as the Second Best Command Hospital for the year 2019.
- AFMS was acknowledged for its incredible services from combat medical support to troops deployed in operational roles.
Q10. DRDO ने किस स्वदेशी रूप से विकसित ड्रोन का सफलतापूर्वक उड़ान परीक्षण किया है?
(a) रुस्तम- II
(b) रुद्रम- II
(d) रक्षक- I
Q10.DRDO has successfully flight-tested which indigenously developed drone?
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully flight-tested the indigenously developed Rustom-II medium altitude long endurance drone.
- The prototype drone achieved eight hours of flying at an altitude of over 16,000 feet at Karnataka's Chitradurga.
- The drone is expected to achieve 18 hours of continued flying at a height of 26,000 feet by the end of 2020 itself.
- The indigenously developed drone is capable of carrying varied combinations of payloads, including synthetic aperture radar, electronic intelligence systems and situational awareness systems. It also boasts of a satellite communication link to relay vital information on a real-time basis.
Q11.किस सशस्त्र पुलिस बल ने तकनीकी विशेषज्ञ तैयार करने के लिए IIT-Delhi और DRDO के साथ एक MoU पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
Q11. Which Armed Police Force has signed a MoU with IIT-Delhi and DRDO to prepare tech experts?
- The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has signed an agreement with the IIT-Delhi and DRDO to create a pool of officials who will work to find technology solutions for its operational challenges.
- The about 3.25 lakh-strong force has about 500 officers and sub-officers who hold professional degrees in engineering and technology.
- The Memorandum of Understanding will enable these officers to undertake short-term specialised courses at these institutions and also pursue research work.
Q12.किस देश ने अपनी पहली स्वदेशी एंटी-रेडिएशन मिसाइल का सफलतापूर्वक परीक्षण किया है?
Q12. Which country has successfully test-fired its first indigenous Anti-Radiation Missile?
- India has successfully test-fired the Rudram – an Anti-Radiation Missile on October 9, 2020.
- Rudram is the country's first indigenous Anti Radiation missile for Indian Air Force, being developed by DRDO, and is integrated on SU-30 MkI fighter aircraft as the launch platform, having the capability of varying ranges based on launch conditions.
- Anti-radiation missiles are designed for use against enemy's radars.
Q13.भारतीय वायु सेना (IAF) की पहली महिला अधिकारी कौन थी जिनका अक्टूबर 2020 में निधन हो गया?
(a) पुनीता अरोड़ा
(b) शांति तिग्गा
(c) विजयलक्ष्मी रमनन
(d) अन्ना राजम मल्होत्रा
Q13.Who was the first woman officer of the Indian Air Force (IAF) who passed away in Oct 2020?
(a) Punita Arora
(b) Shanti Tigga
(c) Vijaylakshmi Ramanan
(d) Anna Rajam Malhotra
- Wing Commander (retd) Vijaylakshmi Ramanan, the first woman officer of the Indian Air Force (IAF), passed away
- She died due to age-related ailments; she was 96.
- Her husband, Wing Commander (retd) KV Ramanan had passed away in 1971.
- They were the first couple of the IAF, but we lost my father-in-law very early to cancer.
- Vijayalakshmi had also designed the IAF uniform for women
- Vijayalakshmi joined the Madras Medical College for MBBS in 1943.
- She was awarded the best outgoing student in 1948, and was a recipient of the Balfour memorial medal medal for Medicine and prize for Surgery by Madras University.
- She then did her MD in obstetrics and gynaecology and worked in Egmore Maternity hospital in Chennai as assistant surgeon.
- Vijaylakshmi was commissioned in the Army Medical Corps on August 22, 1955 and was seconded to the IAF on the same day, making her the first woman officer in IAF
Q14.भारतीय नौसेना द्वारा समुद्री टोही (MR) मिशन के पहले बैच में किस महिला पायलट को शामिल किया गया है?
(a) लेफ्टिनेंट शिवांगी
(b) लेफ्टिनेंट शुभांगी स्वरूप
(c) लेफ्टिनेंट दिव्या शर्मा
(d) ये सभी
Q14.Which pilot has been included in the first female batch of Maritime Reconnaissance (MR) missions by the Indian Navy?
(a) Lt Shivangi
(b) Lt Shubhangi Swaroop
(c) Lt Divya Sharma
(d) All of these
- The Indian Navy has got ready its first batch of three women pilots for Maritime Reconnaissance (MR) missions on Dornier aircraft.
- Lieutenant Divya Sharma, Lt Shubhangi Swaroop and Lt Shivangi are now ready to take on all MR missions on Dornier aircraft.
- They have been “operationalised (mission-ready) on Dornier aircraft” by the Southern Naval Command (SNC)
- The three women pilots were part of the six pilots of the 27th Dornier Operational Flying Training (DOFT) Course, who graduated as Fully operational Maritime Reconnaissance (MR) Pilots at a passing out ceremony held at INS Garuda.
Q15. भारत और श्रीलंका की द्विपक्षीय समुद्री अभ्यास SLINEX-20 का आयोजन कहाँ किया गया है?
Q15.Where is the bilateral maritime exercise SLINEX-20 of India and Sri Lanka organized?
- The Eighth Edition of annual Indian Navy (IN) – Sri Lanka Navy (SLN) bilateral maritime exercise SLINEX-20 is scheduled off Trincomalee, Sri Lanka from 19 to 21 October 2020.
- The Sri Lanka Navy will be represented by SLN Ships Sayura (Offshore Patrol Vessel) and Gajabahu(Training Ship) led by Rear Admiral Bandara Jayathilaka, the Flag Officer Commanding Naval Fleet, Sri Lanka Navy.
- Indigenously built ASW corvette Kamorta and Kiltan under the command of Rear Admiral Sanjay Vatsayan, Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet, will represent the Indian Navy.
- In addition, Indian Navy Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) and Chetak helicopters embarked onboard IN ships, and Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft will also be participating.
- The previous edition of SLINEX was conducted off Visakhapatnam in September 2019.
Q16. अक्टूबर 2020 में भारतीय नौसेना के विध्वंसक पोत INS चेन्नई से किस क्रूज मिसाइल का सफलतापूर्वक परीक्षण किया गया है?
(c) पृथ्वी -2
Q16. Which cruise missile has been successfully test-fired from Indian Navy’s stealth destroyer INS Chennai in October 2020?
- BrahMos, the supersonic cruise missile was successfully test-fired from Indian Navy’s indigenously-built stealth destroyer INS Chennai, hitting a target in the Arabian Sea.
- The missile hit the target successfully with pinpoint accuracy after performing high-level and extremely complex manoeuvres.
- BrahMos as a ‘prime strike weapon’ will ensure the warship’s invincibility by engaging naval surface targets at long ranges, thus making the destroyer another lethal platform of Indian Navy.
Q17.रक्षा सहयोग के हिस्से के रूप में भारत ने किस देश को पनडुब्बी INS सिंधुवीर वितरित करने का फैसला किया है?
Q17.India has decided to deliver submarine INS Sindhuvir to which country?
(a) Sri Lanka
- India will be delivering a Kilo Class submarine INS Sindhuvir to Myanmar Navy as part of defence cooperation.
- This will be the first submarine of the Myanmar Navy.
- Briefing media, MEA Spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said, cooperation in the maritime domain is an important part of India's enhanced engagement with Myanmar.
- It is in accordance with India's vision of SAGAR and in line with build capacities and self-reliance in all the neighbouring countries.
Q18.भारतीय नौसेना और तटरक्षक बल ने किस तटीय सुरक्षा अभ्यास का आयोजन किया है?
(a) सागर सुरक्षा
(b) सागर कवच
(c) सागर सहयोग
(d) सागर सेवक
Q18. Which coastal security exercise has been conducted by the Indian Navy and the Coast Guard?
(a) Sagar Suraksha
(b) Sagar Kavach
(c) Sagar Sahyog
(d) Sagar Sevak
- The two-day half-yearly coastal security exercise, Sagar Kavach, along the Kerala and Karnataka coasts has been conducted by the Navy and the Coast Guard.
- The exercise had participation by all coastal security stakeholders and assets ranging from patrol vessels and boats to fishing craft, fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters and remotely-piloted aircraft.
Q19. DRDO ने किस Missile target vehicle का सफल परीक्षण किया है?
Q19. DRDO has conducted a successful flight test of which missile target vehicle?
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has conducted a successful flight test of missile target vehicle -ABHYAS - High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) from the Interim Test Range, Balasore in Odisha.
- During the trials, two demonstrator vehicles were successfully test flown.
- The vehicle can be used as a target for evaluation of various missile systems," Abhyas is designed and developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment, DRDO
Q20. किस देश ने बहुपक्षीय सैन्य अभ्यास "Kavkaz 2020" से अपनी भागीदारी वापस ले ली है?
Q20. Which country has withdrawn its participation from the multilateral Military Exercise “Kavkaz 2020” ?
- India has withdrawn its participation from the multilateral Military Exercise “Kavkaz 2020” to be held in Russia between 15th to 26th September 2020.
- Russia and India are privileged strategic partners. At Russia’s invitation, India has been participating in many international events.
- However, due to COVID-19 and consequent difficulties in exercise, India has decided not to send a contingent this year to Kavkaz-2020.
Q21.किस देश ने एक हाइपरसोनिक प्रौद्योगिकी डिमॉन्स्ट्रेटर वाहन (HSTDV) का सफलतापूर्वक परीक्षण किया है?
(c) सऊदी अरब
Q21. Which country successfully tested a Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV)?
(c) Saudi Arabia
- India has successfully launched flight-tested Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV).
- This is a giant leap in indigenous defence technologies and a significant milestone towards a Sashakt Bharat and Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- DRDO with this mission has demonstrated capabilities for highly complex technology that will serve as the building block for Next-Gen Hypersonic vehicles in partnership with industry
Q22.भारतीय नौसेना के युद्धक पोत पर तैनात होने वाली पहली महिला कौन बन गई है?
(a) सब लेफ्टिनेंट कुमुदिनी त्यागी
(b) सब लेफ्टिनेंट रीति सिंह
(c) सब लेफ्टिनेंट शिवांगी
(d) दोनों (a) और (b)
Q22. Which woman has become the first to be deployed on an Indian Navy warship?
(a) Sub Lt Kumudini Tyagi
(b) Sub Lt Riti Singh
(c) Sub Lt Shivangi
(d) Both (a) and (b)
- In a first, two women officers have been selected to join as ‘Observers’ (Airborne Tacticians) in the Indian Navy’s helicopter stream that would ultimately pave the way for women being posted in frontline warships.
- Sub Lieutenant (SLt) Kumudini Tyagi and SLt Riti Singh would, in effect, be the first set of women airborne tacticians in India who would operate from the deck of warships.
- Earlier, entry of women was restricted to the fixed-wing aircraft that took off and landed ashore.
Q23. “Zolfaghar-99” सैन्य अभ्यास किस देश द्वारा आयोजित किया जाता है?
Q23. Which country conducts the “Zolfaghar-99” military exercise?
- Iran’s military has begun an annual three-day exercise Zolfaghar-99, near the strategic Strait of Hormuz
- Units from the navy and air force and ground forces are participating in a nearly 2 million-square-kilometre (772,200-square-mile) area of the Gulf of Oman.
- Iranian submarines and drones were being deployed.
- The Iranian navy handles all operations in the Gulf of Oman on the eastern side of the Strait of Hormuz, through which 20% of all oil traded passes.
Q24.भारत ने किस देश के साथ एक द्विपक्षीय नौसैनिक अभ्यास INDRA 2020 आयोजित किया?
Q24. India conducted a bilateral naval exercise INDRA 2020 with which country?
- India and Russia held bilateral naval exercise INDRA 2020 in Andaman Sea
- The exercise was being conducted while the Indian Navy is on high operational alert due to the standoff with China in Ladakh.
- Three Russian Naval ships are to take part in the exercise on September 4 and 5.
- The exercise comes just after India withdrew from the Kavkaz-2020 multinational exercise that is to be held in Russia.
Q25.DRDO प्रयोगशालाओं के चार्टर की समीक्षा करने के लिए नवगठित विशेषज्ञ समिति के प्रमुख के रूप में किसे चुना गया है?
(a) अभय करंदीकर
(b) भास्कर राममूर्ति
(c) वी रामगोपाल राव
(d) सुभाशीष चौधरी
Q25. Who has been selected as the head of the newly formed expert committee to review the charter of DRDO labs?
(a) Abhay Karandikar
(b) Bhaskar Ramamurthi
(c) V. Ramgopal Rao
(d) Subhasis Chaudhuri
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Chairman G. Satheesh Reddy has constituted the 5-member expert committee to redefine the role of DRDO for the current and futuristic defence and battlefield scenarios.
- The committee will be headed by V. Ramgopal Rao (Director- IIT, Delhi)
- The panel will study and review the charter of duties of all 52 laboratories of DRDO and will redefine their role
Q26.किस देश ने पाकिस्तान के लिए एक उन्नत नौसैनिक युद्धपोत लॉन्च किया है?
Q26. Which country has launched an advanced naval warship for Pakistan?
- China has launched the first of the four advanced naval warships it is building for Pakistan, amid deepening defence ties between the two all-weather allies.
- The launching ceremony for the first warship was held at the Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard in Shanghai.
- Pakistan-China defence ties turn a new chapter with the launch of the first ship of Type-054 class frigate
- The Type-054 class, equipped with the latest surface, subsurface, anti-air weapons, combat management system, and sensors will be one of the technologically advanced surface platforms of the Pakistan Navy fleet.
Q27.रक्षा उत्पादन के स्वदेशीकरण को बढ़ावा देने के लिए राज नाथ सिंह ने कौन सा पोर्टल लॉन्च किया है?
Q27. Which portal has been launched by Raj Nath Singh to promote indigenization of Defence production?
- The Defence Minister Raj Nath Singh has launched “SRIJAN”, an online portal to promote indigenization of Defence production.
- The portal is to display those items that are currently being imported by Indian Defence Industry.
- This will help domestic industries of the country to learn and focus more on these specific items.
- The GoI is also providing high incentives and flagship programmes to boost the design, development and manufacturing of these items.
- The portal will ultimately help the Indian Defence Industries benefit extensively by manufacturing these items.
Q28.किस देश ने "एरो -2" बैलिस्टिक मिसाइल इंटरसेप्टर का सफल परीक्षण किया है?
Q28. Which country has successfully tested the “Arrow-2” ballistic missile interceptor?
- Israel has successfully tested its advanced missile defence system, “Arrow-2” ballistic missile interceptor.
- The Missile test was conducted in the test site in Central Israel over the Mediterranean Sea.
- The Missile Defense Agency of the United States of America along with Israeli Air Force and Israel Aerospace Industries conducted the testing.
- The Arrow-2 interceptor engaged a Sparrow target missile which stimulated a long-range surface to surface missile, performed the planned trajectory and destroyed the target.
Q29.नौसेना संचालन के महानिदेशक कौन बन गए है?
(a) एडमिरल सुनील लांबा
(b) एडमिरल अरुण प्रकाश
(c) एडमिरल आर के धोवन
(d) वाइस एडमिरल दिनेश के त्रिपाठी
Q29. Who has become the Director General Naval Operations?
(a) Admiral Sunil Lanba
(b) Admiral Arun Prakash
(c) Admiral R K Dhowan
(d) Vice Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi
- Vice Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi, has become the Director-General Naval Operations.
- He is a specialist in Communication and Electronic Warfare and was commissioned in the Indian Navy on 01st July 1985.
- The alumnus of National Defence Academy Khadakwasla has served on frontline warships of the Navy as Signal Communication Officer and Electronic Warfare Officer.
- Vice Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi has commanded INS Vinash, INS Kirch and INS Trishul.
- He has also served as the Executive Officer and Principal Warfare Officer of Guided Missile Destroyer INS Mumbai.
Q30.DRDO ने किसकी पुण्यतिथि पर एक नवाचार प्रतियोगिता ‘Dare to Dream 2.0’ लॉन्च की है?
(a) बी आर अम्बेडकर
(b) डॉ एपीजे अब्दुल कलाम
(c) सी वी रमन
(d) विक्रम साराभाई
Q30. On whose death anniversary, DRDO has launched an innovation contest ‘Dare to Dream 2.0’ ?
(a) B. R. Ambedkar
(b) Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
(c) C. V. Raman
(d) Vikram Sarabhai
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has launched its innovation contest ‘Dare to Dream 2.0’ on the 5th death anniversary of former President and noted scientist Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
- The scheme is being launched for emerging technologies to promote the individuals & startups for innovation in defence and aerospace technologies in the country after the call of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ given by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- The ‘Dare to Dream 2.0’ is an open challenge to promote the innovators and startups of the country.
Q31.DRDO ने जुलाई 2020 में भारतीय सेना को सटीक निगरानी के लिए स्वदेशी विकसित ड्रोन प्रदान किये है? उनका नाम क्या है ?
Q31. DRDO provided indigenously developed drones to the Indian Army for accurate सर्विलांस in July,2020? What is the name of the drone?
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has provided the indigenously developed drone named “Bharat” to the Indian Army to monitor the high altitude areas and mountain terrains along the line of actual control in the Easter Ladakh (China Border).
- The Bharat series drones are listed among World’s most agile and lightest surveillance drones.
Q32.निम्नलिखित में से किसने 12 दिनों के रिकॉर्ड समय में सरदार वल्लभ भाई पटेल COVID अस्पताल का निर्माण किया है?
(a) भारतीय सेना
Q32. Which of the following has built the Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Covid Hospital in a record time of 12 daysi?
(a) Indian Army
- Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Covid Hospital has become operational in Delhi.
- It has been built by Defence Research and Development Organisation, DRDO in record time of 12 days
- It is a 1,000-bedded hospital with 250 ICU beds.
- The facility was built along with the Home Ministry, Health Ministry, the Armed Forces, Tata Sons and other industry players.
Q33. बांग्लादेश नौसेना के अगले प्रमुख के रूप में किसे नियुक्त किया गया है?
(a) मोहम्मद महफूजुर रहमान
(b) औरंगजेब चौधरी
(c) मोहम्मद शाहीन इकबाल
(d) जनरल अजीज अहमद
Q33. Who has been appointed as the next Chief of Bangladesh Navy?
(a) Mohammad Mahfuzur Rahman
(b) Aurangzeb Chowdhury
(c) Mohammad Shaheen Iqbal
(d) General Aziz Ahmed
- Rear Admiral Mohammad Shaheen Iqbal has been appointed as the next Chief of Bangladesh Navy.
- Iqbal, who is currently serving as the assistant navy chief, will succeed Vice Admiral Aurangzeb Chowdhury, who is retiring later this month.
- He will serve as the Chief of Navy Staff for three years till July 24, 2023.
Q34. भारतीय नौसेना का सबसे बड़ा सौर ऊर्जा संयंत्र किस राज्य में चालू किया गया है?
(c) आंध्र प्रदेश
Q34. The largest Solar Power Plant of Indian Navy has been commissioned in which state?
(c) Andhra Pradesh
- The Vice Admiral Anil Kumar Chawal, Flag Officer Commanding-in-chief, Southern Naval Command (SNC), virtually employed the 3 MegaWatt (MW) largest Solar Power Plant at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala.
- The project is a part of the Indian Government’s initiative of National Solar Mission, to achieve 100 GigaWatt (GW) of solar power by 2022.
- -2 MegaWatt Solar Power Plant Inaugurated at Naval Station Karanja, Uran
- Indian Navy Vice Admiral, Flag Officer Commanding – in – Chief of Western Naval Command, Ajith Kumar virtually inaugurated the first 2 MegaWatt Solar Capacity Solar Power Plant.
- The Power Plant was set up at the Western Naval Station, Karanja in Maharashtra’s Uran.
Q35. पाकिस्तान सेना के लिए पहली महिला लेफ्टिनेंट जनरल कौन बनी है?
(a) मेजर जनरल माधुरी कानिटकर
(b) मेजर जनरल निगार जौहर
(c) आयशा फारूक
(d) मनमीत कौर
Q35. Who has become the first female lieutenant general for the Pakistan Army?
(a) Major General Madhuri Kanitkar
(b) Major General Nigar Johar
(c) Ayesha Farooq
(d) Manmeet Kaur
- The Pakistan Army has appointed a woman officer as lieutenant-general for the first time.
- Major General Nigar Johar, who got the coveted post of a three-star general, has also been appointed as the first female surgeon general of the Pakistan Army.
- She is the 1st female officer to be promoted as Lieutenant General.
- Johar graduated from the Army Medical College, Rawalpindi, in 1985 and joined the army’s Medical Corps.
Q36. रक्षा मंत्रालय ने किस देश से भारतीय वायु सेना के लिए 21 मिग -29 खरीदने की मंजूरी दी है?
Q36. The Ministry of Defense has approved the purchase of 21 MiG-29 for Indian Air Force from which country?
- The Defence Ministry gave its approval to the Indian Air Force to speedily procure 21 MiG-29 fighter jets besides 12 Sukhoi MK1 from Russia worth Rs 38,900 crore.
- The Defence Ministry’s Defence Acquisition Council gave its nod for:
- 21 MiG-29 fighter jets to be procured from Russia
- 12 Su-30 MKi aircraft to be bought from Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL)
- Upgrade of the existing 59 MiG-29 aircraft
Q37. किस देश का नौसैनिक पोत; कोणार्क एक युद्धाभ्यास में भाग लेते समय अपने ही देश के मिसाइल हमले का शिकार हो गया?
Q37. Which country's naval vessel; Konark succumbed to a missile attack of his own country while participating in an exercise?
- The Konarak, a Hendijan-class support ship, which was taking part in the exercise, was too close to the target during an exercise when the incident happened.
- The vessel had been placing targets for other ships. The missile struck the vessel accidentally.
- The accident took place near the port of Jask, around 1,270 km southeast of Tehran, in the Gulf of Oman.
- The Konarak was overhauled in 2018 and was able to launch sea and anti-ship missiles. The Dutch-made vessel has been in service since 1988.
Q38.DRDO ने एक स्वचालित संपर्क रहित अल्ट्रावियोलेट सैनिटेशन कैबिनेट, (DRUVS) विकसित किया है। DRUVS का पूरा नाम क्या है?
(a) Disease Reduction Ultraviolet System
(b) Defence Research Ultraviolet Sanitiser
(c) Defence Research Ultraviolet Scanner
(d) Disaster Reduction Ultraviolet Sanitiser
Q38. DRDO has developed an automated contactless Ultraviolet sanitisation cabinet,(DRUVS). What does DRUVS stand for?
(a) Disease Reduction Ultraviolet System
(b) Defence Research Ultraviolet Sanitiser
(c) Defence Research Ultraviolet Scanner
(d) Disaster Reduction Ultraviolet Sanitiser
- Research Centre Imarat (RCI), Hyderabad based Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) premier lab, developed an automated contactless Ultraviolet C (UVC) sanitisation cabinet called Defence Research Ultraviolet Sanitiser (DRUVS).
- It has been designed to sanitise mobile phones, iPads, laptops, currency notes, cheque leafs, challans, passbooks, paper, envelopes, etc.
- The DRUVS cabinet is having contactless operation which is very important to eliminate the spread of virus.
Q39. निम्नलिखित में से किसने स्वास्थ्य कर्मियों की सुविधा के लिए पीपीई किट, '' नवरक्षक '' बनाया है?
(a) Indian Army
(c) Indian Navy
Q39. Which of the following has made the PPE kit, ''NavRakshak'', with ''breathable'' fabric material?
(a) Indian Army
(c) Indian Navy
- The Indian Navy's indigenously-made PPE kit, ''NavRakshak'', for enhancing comforts of the health workers under Indian conditions, is helping fight the war against Covid-19 in a better and effective manner.
- It was made by a doctor who can understand the agony of his fraternity wearing a multi-layered coverall PPE while treating patients for upto 12 hours in hot and humid conditions.
Q40.किस संगठन ने तेजी से कीटाणुशोधन के लिए अल्ट्रा वायलेट कीटाणुशोधन टॉवर विकसित किया है?
Q40. Which organization has developed an Ultra Violet Disinfection Tower for rapid disinfection?
- The Defence Research and Development Organization has developed Ultra Violet Disinfection Tower for chemical-free and rapid disinfection.
- The tower is to be highly helpful in high infection-prone areas.
- The equipment named UV Blaster is a UV based sanitizer that was designed and developed by DRDO.
- It is highly helpful for disinfecting high tech surfaces such as computers, electronic equipment and other gadgets.
- UV Blaster is helpful in offices where chemical methods may not be suitable.
Q41. कोरोनोवायरस लॉकडाउन के बीच विदेशी नागरिकों को वापस लाने के लिए भारतीय नौसेना द्वारा कौन सा ऑपरेशन शुरू किया ?
(a) ऑपरेशन 'समुद्र यात्रा'
(b) ऑपरेशन 'समुंद्र साथी'
(c) ऑपरेशन 'समुंद्र सेतु'
(d) ऑपरेशन 'समुद्र भारत'
Q41. Which operation was launched by the Indian Navy to repatriate Indian citizens from overseas amid coronavirus lockdown?
(a) Operation 'Samudra Yatra'
(b) Operation 'Samudra Sathi'
(c) Operation 'Samudra Setu'
(d) Operation 'Samudra Bharat'
- The Indian Navy has launched Operation 'Samudra Setu' (meaning 'Sea Bridge'), as a part of national effort to repatriate Indian citizens from overseas amid coronavirus COVID-19 lockdown.
- Indian Naval Ships Jalashwa and Magar are currently en route to the port of Male in the Maldives to commence evacuation operations from May 8 as part of Phase-1.
- The Centre has been closely monitoring the situation with respect to the effect of COVID-19 pandemic on Indian citizens abroad.
- The Indian Navy has been directed to make suitable preparations for their evacuation by sea.
Q42.आर्मी ट्रेनिंग कमांड (ARTRAC) की कमान किसने संभाली है?
(a) लेफ्टिनेंट जनरल पीसी थिमय्या
(b) लेफ्टिनेंट जनरल उपेंद्र द्विवेदी
(c) लेफ्टिनेंट जनरल.हरपाल सिंह
(d) लेफ्टिनेंट जनरल राज शुक्ला
Q42. Who has assumed the command of the Army Training Command (ARTRAC)?
(a) Lt. Gen. PC Thimayya
(b) Lt. Gen. Upendra Dwivedi
(c) Lt. Gen.Harpal Singh
(d) Lt. Gen. Raj Shukla
- Lieutenant General Raj Shukla assumed command of the Army Training Command(ARTRAC)
- Lieutenant General Raj Shukla is a graduate of the National Defence Academy (NDA), Khadakwasla and the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun. He was commissioned into the Regiment of Artillery in December 1982.
- He has a career spanning over four decades and has seen extensive service in the field.
- He commanded a Medium Regiment in the Eastern and Desert Theatres, an Infantry Brigade in Counter Insurgency Operations, an Infantry Division along the Line of Control in the Valley, and a Corps along the Western Borders.
Q43.COVID-19 के लिए मोबाइल वायरोलॉजी रिसर्च एंड डायग्नोस्टिक्स प्रयोगशाला निम्नलिखित में से किस संगठन द्वारा विकसित की गई है?
Q43. The Mobile Virology Research and Diagnostics Laboratory for COVID-19 has been developed by which of the following organizations?
- Defense Minister Shri Rajnath Singh has inaugurated Mobile Virology Research and Diagnostics Laboratory (MVRDL) via video conference.
- The lab was developed by DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation) in association with ESIC (Employees’ State Insurance Corporation), Hyderabad and Private industry.
- This mobile lab has the testing capacity of more than 1000 to 2000 samples daily.
Q44. भारतीय नौसेना के किस डॉकयार्ड ने COVID-19 की स्क्रीनिंग के लिए अपनी स्वयं की हैंडहेल्ड इन्फ्रारेड-आधारित तापमान सेंसर बंदूक तैयार की है?
(a) नवल डॉकयार्ड कोच्चि
(b) नवल डॉकयार्ड मुंबई
(c) नवल डॉकयार्ड विशाखापत्तनम
(d) नवल डॉकयार्ड पोर्ट ब्लेयर
Q44. Which Indian Navy’s Dockyard has designed its own handheld infrared-based temperature sensor gun for the screening of COVID-19?
(a) Naval Dockyard Kochi
(b) Naval Dockyard Mumbai
(c) Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam
(d) Naval Dockyard Port Blair
- Indian Navy’s Naval Dockyard in Mumbai has designed and developed its own handheld infrared-based temperature sensor gun for the screening of personnel in a bid to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- The Naval Dockyard here has developed a low-cost handheld temperature sensor to screen its personnel in light of the coronavirus outbreak in the city .
Q45. आर्मी मेडिकल कोर ने 3 अप्रैल, 2020 को अपना 256 वां स्थापना दिवस मनाया है। आर्मी मेडिकल कोर का आदर्श वाक्य (Motto)क्या है?
(a)वीरता और विवेक
(b) विश्व स्तर की देखभाल
(c) 'सर्वे संतु निरामय:
(d) वयम् रक्षामः
Q45. The Army Medical Corps celebrated its 256th Raising Day on April 3, 2020. What is the motto of the Army Medical Corps?
(a) Veerta or Vivek
(b) World Class care
(c) Survey Santu Nirmaya
(d) Vayam Rakṣāmaḥ
- On April 3, 2020, the Army Medical Corps celebrated its 256th Raising Day.
- Motto: “Survey Santu Nirmaya”
- The meaning of “Survey Santu Nirmaya” is “Let all the humans be free from disabilities and diseases”.
- The Army Medical Corps have been actively involved in establishing isolation, screening and treatment facilities for armed personnel. This is being done even now, in the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.
Q46.भारतीय सेना द्वारा सियाचिन दिवस कब मनाया जाता है?
(a) 15 अप्रैल
(b) 14 अप्रैल
(c) 12 अप्रैल
(d) 13 अप्रैल
Q46. When is Siachen Day observed by the Indian Army?
(a) April 15
(b) April 14
(c) April 12
(d) April 13
- The Indian Army observed the 36th Siachen Day on April 13, remembering the gallant martyrs of Siachen.
- On April 13, 1984, the Indian Army launched ''Operation Meghdoot'' to secure Bilafond La and other passes on the Saltoro Ridgeline from Pakistani aggression.
- The Siachen Warriors continue to guard the ''Frozen Frontier'' with tenacity and resolve against all odds.
- "The ''Siachen Day'' every year honours all the Siachen Warriors who served their motherland while successfully thwarting evil designs of the enemy over the years," said the force.
- The force celebrates a saga of unmatched bravery, heroism, courage and sacrifice on the world''s highest and coldest battlefield.
Q47.किस देश ने भारत को हार्पून एंटी-शिप मिसाइल और टॉरपीडो की बिक्री को मंजूरी दी है?
Q47. Which country has approved the sale of air-launched Harpoon anti-ship missiles and torpedoes to India?
- The US government has approved the sale of air-launched Harpoon anti-ship missiles and torpedoes to India for a combined cost of USD 155 million.
- The Defense Security Cooperation Agency approved ten AGM-84L Harpoon Block II air-launched missiles and related equipment for an estimated cost of USD 92 million and sixteen MK 54 All Up Round Lightweight Torpedoes (LWT), three MK 54 Exercise Torpedoes and related equipment for an estimated cost of USD 63 million.
- The Defense Security Cooperation Agency delivered the required certification notifying Congress of this possible sale
- The proposed sale will improve India's capability to meet current and future threats from enemy weapon systems.
Q48.किस देश ने COVID-19 के कारण हवाई युद्धाभ्यास Pitch Black 2020 को रद्द कर दिया था?
Q48. Which country had cancelled the air combat training exercise Pitch Black 2020 due to COVID-19?
- The premier multilateral air combat training Exercise Pitch Black 2020 scheduled from July 27 to August 14 is cancelled by Australia due to the current and anticipated impacts of the worldwide pandemic of COVID-19.
- The next edition is scheduled in 2022.
Q49.किस देश ने COVID-19 महामारी के कारण अपने प्रमुख बहुपक्षीय हवाई अभ्यास, “रेड फ्लैग” को रद्द कर दिया था?
(a) संयुक्त अरब अमीरात
Q49. Which country has cancelled its flagship multilateral air exercise, Red Flag due to COVID-19 pandemic?
- The U.S. Air Force has cancelled Phase-I of its flagship multilateral air exercise, Red Flag, scheduled in Alaska from April 30.
- The Indian Air Force was to take part in the exercise with its Sukhoi Su-30 fighter jets.
- Exercise Red Flag is a two-week advanced aerial combat training exercise held several times a year by the United States Air Force. It aims to offer realistic air-combat training for military pilots and other flight crew members from the United States and allied countries.
Q50.भारतीय तटरक्षक ने किस राज्य में अभ्यास ‘SAREX-2020’ आयोजित किया है?
(b) आंध्र प्रदेश
Q50. Indian Coast Guard has conducted exercise ‘SAREX-2020’ in which state?
(b) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Tamil Nadu
- Indian Coast Guard has conducted a 2-day national level search and rescue exercise ‘SAREX-2020’ based on the theme ‘Harmonization of Maritime and Aeronautical Search and Rescue code named (HAMSAR)’ in the sea at Vasco, South Goa district from March 5-7,2020.
- It was inaugurated by Dr Ajay Kumar, IAS, Secretary (Defence), Ministry of Defence.
- This is for the first time the three pillars of national SAR mechanism – Ministry of Shipping, Ministry of Civil Aviation and Ministry of Defence, took part in SAREX-20
- SAREX exercise is being conducted biennially by Indian Coast Guard under the aegis of National Maritime Search and Rescue Board (NMSARB) since 2003 under the Chairmanship of Director General K Natarajan, Indian Coast Guard and this was the 9th edition of the series of SAREX.
Q51. गोल्डन ड्रैगन संयुक्त सैन्य अभ्यास; किन दो देशो के बीच आयोजित किया गया है?
(a) चीन और जापान
(b) चीन और भारत
(c) कंबोडिया और चीन
(d) जापान और कंबोडिया
Q51. The joint military exercise Golden Dragon has been conducted between which countries?
(a) China and Japan
(b) China and India
(c) Cambodia and China
(d) Japan and Cambodia
- The Royal Cambodian Armed Forces (RCAF) and China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) kicked off the annual joint military exercise dubbed Golden Dragon in Cambodia’s Kampot province despite the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) outbreak.
- The opening ceremony was chaired by RCAF commander-in-chief Vong Pisen and Chinese Ambassador to Cambodia Wang Wentian.
- Themed “Together against terrorism and for humanitarian operations”, the drill drew the participation of about 2,200 soldiers. It will run until March 30.
Q52. संयुक्त राज्य अमेरिका ने किस देश के साथ द्विवार्षिक अभ्यास "Native Fury " आयोजित किया है?
(c) संयुक्त अरब अमीरात
Q52. With which country has the United States organized the biennial exercise "Native Fury"?
- US Marines and UAE Emirati forces conducted the biennial exercise, named Native Fury at Abu Dhabi.
- The biennial exercise, called Native Fury, shows the close ties between American forces and the United Arab Emirates, a federation of seven sheikhdoms on the Arabian Peninsula home to Abu Dhabi.
- The exercise saw 4,000 U.S. troops from the Army, Marines and Navy position armoured vehicles and other equipment from Kuwait and the island of Diego Garcia in al-Hamra using a portable pier system.
- The forces seize a sprawling model Middle Eastern city, a drill conducted amid tensions with Iran and despite the new coronavirus pandemic.
Q53.प्रज्ञान सम्मेलन 2020 का आयोजन किस शहर में किया गया है?
(a) नई दिल्ली
Q53. PRAGYAN CONCLAVE 2020 has been organized in which city?
(a) New Delhi
- PRAGYAN CONCLAVE 2020" -a two-day Indian Army International Seminar has been organized by Centre for Land Warfare Studies, at Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi.
- The event brings together cross-domain national and international experts to deliberate on the complex subject of 'Changing Characteristics of Land Warfare and its Impact on the Military'.
- This event was attended by Raksha Rajya Mantri (RRM), Shri Shripad Yesso Naik, Chief of the Army Staff, General MM Naravane, Vice Chief of the Army Staff, Lieutenant General SK Saini along with other dignitaries from the Ministry of Defence.
Q54.किस देश ने एक हाइपर-सिक्योर मिलिट्री कम्युनिकेशन सैटेलाइट को ऑर्बिट में भेजकर अपना पहला राष्ट्रीय सुरक्षा मिशन शुरू किया है?
Q54. Which country has begun its first national security mission by sending a hyper-secure military communications satellite into orbit?
- The United States Space Force began its first national security mission on March 26, 2020 by sending a hyper-secure military communications satellite into orbit.
- The US has taken this action despite most of the parts of the country dealing with the Coronavirus pandemic.
- The Lockheed Martin Advanced Extremely High-Frequency satellite was launched on the Atlas V551 rocket from Cape Canaveral, Florida at 4:18 pm (2018 GMT).
- The Space Force is a new division of the US Army. This will be the sixth service after the Army, Navy, Naval Corps, Coast Guard and Air Force.
- The purpose of establishing space forces is to prove US dominance in space. It will also prove its dominance among forces of China and Russia.
Q55.सुप्रीम कोर्ट ने नौसेना में महिलाओं के लिए स्थायी कमीशन को मंजूरी दे दी है। इस न्यायिक पीठ की अध्यक्षता किसने की?
(a) जस्टिस रंजन गोगोई
(b) जस्टिस इंदु मल्होत्रा
(c) जस्टिस दीपक मिश्रा
(d) जस्टिस डी वाई चंद्रचूड़
Q55. The Supreme Court has cleared permanent commission for women in the Navy. Who headed the bench?
(a) Justice Ranjan Gogoi
(b) Justice Indu Malhotra
(c) Justice Dipak Misra
(d) Justice D Y Chandrachud
- The Supreme Court has cleared permanent commission for women in the Navy and asked the Centre to complete the modalities within three months.
- A bench was headed by Justice D Y Chandrachud. (Dhananjaya Yeshwant Chandrachud)
- The bench quashed the prospective effect of the policy barring women officers inducted before 2008 from being granted permanent commission in the Navy. It also granted pension benefits to women officers who have retired and were not granted permanent commission.
Q56. रीयूनियन द्वीप से फ्रांसीसी नौसेना ने पहली बार किस देश के साथ संयुक्त गश्ती दल का संचालन किया है?
Q56. French Navy from the Reunion Island has conducted joint patrols with which country for the first time?
- The Indian Navy conducted a joint patrol with the French Navy from the Reunion Island in February.
- The patrol was conducted by a P-8I aircraft with French Navy personnel onboard.
- This shows India’s intent to engage with friendly foreign partners in expanding its footprint on the Indian Ocean
- France is also the first country to deploy a liaison officer at the Indian Navy’s Information Fusion Centre (IFC-IOR) as part of efforts to improve maritime domain awareness (MDA).
- Réunion Island is a French department in the Indian Ocean.
- It is known for its volcanic, rainforested interior, coral reefs and beache
Q57. परमाणु-सक्षम बैलिस्टिक मिसाइल 'गजनवी' का सफल प्रक्षेपण किस देश ने किया है?
Q57. Which country has conducted a successful launch of the nuclear-capable ballistic missile 'Ghaznavi'?
- Pakistan has conducted a successful training launch of nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile 'Ghaznavi', which can strike targets up to 290 kilometres.
- "The training launch was part of Field Training Exercise of Army Strategic Forces Command aimed at rehearsing operational readiness procedures during day and night,
- The 'Ghaznavi' missile is capable of delivering multiple types of warheads upto a range of 290 kilometers .
Q58.भारत ने मार्च 2020 में किस देश से लगभग 16,000 (लाइट मशीन गन्स) खरीदने का अनुबंध किया था?
Q58. India has signed a contract to procure around 16,000 (Light Machine Guns) from which country in March 2020?
- The Indian Armed Forces operating under the Ministry of Defence signed an agreement with the Israel Weapons Industry. According to the agreement, India is to procure 16, 479 LMG (Light Machine Guns) for Rs 880 crores.
- The Light Machine Guns have used as squad automatic weapons. The LMG was first used in the Second World War. The name of the LMGs India is buying from Israel is called Negev. Negev is gas-operated LMG.
- The weapon is important as it will boost the confidence of the frontline troops. It will provide them the combat power they need.
- The Heron Drones of India used in Indian Air Force were also bought from Israel.
Q59.भारतीय तटरक्षक बल के स्थापना दिवस कब मनाया जाता है?
(a) 2 फरवरी
(b) 4 फरवरी
(c) 1 फरवरी
(d) 3 फरवरी
Q59. When is the Indian Coast Guard raising day celebrated?
(a) February 2
(b) February 4
(c) February 1
(d) February 3
- Indian Coast Guard (ICG) celebrated its raising day on 1 February
- ICG protects India's maritime interests and enforces maritime law, with jurisdiction over the territorial waters of India, including its contiguous zone and exclusive economic zone.
- It operates under the Ministry of Defence.
- Director-General of ICG: Krishnaswamy Natrajan
- The ICG was raised on February 1 1977, with the enactment of Coast Guard Act 1978, as a full-fledged independent Armed Force of the Union under the Ministry of Defence (MoD).
Q60.DefExpo-2020 की मुख्य थीम क्या है?
(a) मेक इन इंडिया और डिफेंस
(b) इंडिया: द इमर्जिंग डिफेंस मैन्युफैक्चरिंग हब
(c) न्यू इंडिया और डिफेंस
(d) भारत का डिजिटल परिवर्तन
Q60. What is the main theme of DefExpo-2020?
(a) Make in India and Defence
(b) India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub
(c) New India and Defence
(d) Digital Transformation of India
- DefExpo, a flagship biennial event of the Ministry of Defence, is being held for the first time in Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) from 5th to 9th February 2020.
- This is the 11th edition of DefExpo.The 10th edition of the event was held at Chennai (Tamil Nadu) in 2018.
- The main theme of the DefExpo India- 2020 is ‘India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub’ and the focus will be on ‘Digital Transformation of Defence’.
Q61. किन दो देशों के बीच आयोजित नौसेना ड्रिल का कोडनेम Sea Guardians-2020 है?
Q61. Sea Guardians-2020 is the codename of the navy drill between which two countries?
(c) India -Russia
(d) India-Sri Lanka
- Sea Guardians-2020 is the codename of the joint naval drill between Pakistan and China.
- The latest edition is being held in Karachi.
- It is the sixth in the bilateral series.
- It will focus on augmenting interoperability and strategic cooperation.
Q62.केंद्र सरकार ने रक्षा अध्ययन और विश्लेषण संस्थान का नाम बदल कर किस पूर्व रक्षा मंत्री के नाम पर रखा है?
(a) जॉर्ज फर्नांडीस
(b) पी वी नरसिम्हा राव
(c) मनोहर पर्रिकर
(d) अरुण जेटली
Q62. The central government has renamed the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses after which former defence minister?
(a) George Fernandes
(b) P. V. Narasimha Rao
(c) Manohar Parrikar
(d) Arun Jaitley
- The central government has renamed Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA), a government think tank, as Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses in order to "honour the commitment and legacy" of the late defence minister.
- Parrikar was defence minister from November 9, 2014, to March 14, 2017, died on March 17 last year in Panaji at Goa due to pancreatic cancer.
Q63.भारतीय नौसेना ने फरवरी 2020 में एक तटीय सुरक्षा अभ्यास Matla Abhiyan किस शहर में आयोजित किया है?
(b) नई दिल्ली
Q63. The Indian Navy launched a unique coastal security exercise; Matla Abhiyan in which city?
(b) New Delhi
- The Indian Navy launched a unique coastal security exercise; Matla Abhiyan in Kolkata.
- The-exercise was conducted to create awareness about the coastal security to the local community in the Sundarbans region.
- Two naval boats were flagged off the Sundarbans till Hemnagar along the International Trade Protocol route between India and Bangladesh.
- The Sundarbans is a Mangrove Delta Forest formed at the confluence of Brahmaputra, Ganga and Meghna rivers.
Q64.तीसरी स्कॉर्पीन पनडुब्बी दिसंबर 2020 तक भारतीय नौसेना को सौंपी जाएगी। तीसरी पनडुब्बी का क्या नाम है?
(a) INS खांदेरी
(b) INS करंज
(c) INS वेला
(d) INS कलवरी
Q64. The third Scorpene submarine will be delivered to the Indian Navy by December 2020. What is the name of the third submarine?
(a) INS Khanderi
(b) INS Karanj
(c) INS Vela
(d) INS Kalvari
- The third Scorpene submarine, INS Karanj, will be delivered to the Indian Navy by December 2020
- INS Karanj is a part of Project-75 and was launched in January 2018. It is currently in advanced stages of sea trials.
- Project 75 -is a programme by the Indian Navy that entails building six Scorpene-Class attack submarines.
- The programme has been undertaken with transfer of technology from French company Naval Group (formerly known as DCNS) at the Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL).
- The submarines in the P75 Scorpene-Class are powered by the conventional diesel-electric propulsion system.
Q65. राष्ट्रपति राम नाथ कोविंद ने निम्नलिखित में से किसको प्रेसीडेंट्स कलर अवार्ड प्रदान किया है?
(a) INS जमुना
(b) INS अभिमन्यु
(c) INS शिवाजी
(d) INS विक्रमादित्य
Q65. President Ram Nath Kovind has awarded the President's Colour to which of the following?
(a) INS Jamuna
(b) INS Abhimanyu
(c) INS Shivaji
(d) INS Vikramaditya
- President Ram Nath Kovind awarded the President's Colour to INS Shivaji.
- The President's Colour, which is the highest honour that can be bestowed upon any military unit, was received by Nishan Adhikari on behalf of INS Shivaji during an impressive ceremonial parade comprising 130 officers and 630 sailors of the Indian Navy.
- Governor of Maharashtra Bhagat Singh Koshyari, Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Karambir Singh, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief Southern Naval Command Vice-Admiral AK Chawla were present at the event in Lonavala.
Q66.सर्वोच्च न्यायालय ने फरवरी 2020 में किस बल की महिला अधिकारियों के लिए स्थायी आयोग सुनिश्चित करने का निर्देश दिया है?
(a) भारतीय वायु सेना
(b) भारतीय थलसेना
(c) भारतीय नौसेना
(d) भारतीय तटरक्षक बल
Q66. In Feb 2020; the Supreme court directed to ensure permanent commission for the women officers of which force?
(a) Indian Air Force
(b) Indian Army
(c) Indian Navy
(d) Indian Coast Guard
The Supreme Court has ordered the Centre to ensure that women officers are given permanent commission in the Army while adding that the officers will be now eligible for command posting.
- The top court rejected the Centre’s views on women’s physiological features and social norms
- The Supreme Court upheld a 2010 Delhi high court ruling and directed the Centre to ensure that women officers are given permanent commissions in the Indian Army on a par with male officers, including for command posting.
Q67.संयुक्त सैन्य अभ्यास 'अजेय वारियर' भारत और किस देश के बीच आयोजित किया गया?
Q67. The joint military exercise 'Ajeya Warrior' has been conducted between India and which country?
- The fifth edition of India-UK joint military exercise 'Ajeya Warrior' will be conducted at Salisbury Plains, United Kingdom from February 13 to 26.
- The exercise will comprise of 120 soldiers each from Indian and United Kingdom Army who would be sharing their experiences gained during conduct of various counter insurgency and counter terrorist operations in the past.
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct company level joint training with emphasis on counter-terror operations in urban and semi-urban areas.
- The exercise is conducted alternatively in United Kingdom and India.
Q68.भारत और किस देश के बीच संयुक्त सैन्य अभ्यास "SAMPRITI" आयोजित किया गया?
Q68. A Joint Military Exercise “SAMPRITI” has been held between India and which country?
- A Joint Military Exercise “SAMPRITI” will be held between India and Bangladesh in Meghalaya from 3rd February 2020 to 16th February 2020.
- During the joint exercise, Command Post Exercise and Field Training Exercise is to be conducted according to the United Nations Charter.
- The troops of both armies will also practice Counter-Terrorist operations.
- The first-ever India-Bangladesh Naval exercise was conducted in Visakhapatnam in October 2019.
- The Bangladesh Naval Ships also participated in CORPAT(Coordinated Patrol) before arriving in Vizag for the joint Naval Exercise.
REVISION: Joint-Military Exercise
- Bold Kurukshetra– India and Singapore
- SURYA KIRAN-- India and Nepal
- Mitra-Shakti- - India and Sri-lanka
- Vajra Prahar- - India -US
- Yudh-Abhyas - India and USA
Q69. “नसीम-अल-बहर” किन दो देशों के बीच एक संयुक्त नौसेना अभ्यास है?
(a) सऊदी अरब और भारत
(b) ओमान और भारत
(c) कतर और भारत
(d) इराक और भारत
Q69. ''Naseem-Al-Bahr'' is a joint naval exercise between which two countries?
(a) Saudi Arabia and India
(b) Oman and India
(c) Qatar and India
(d) Iraq and India
- ''Naseem-Al-Bahr'' (or sea breeze) is a naval exercise between the Indian Navy and the RNO, being conducted since 1993.
- Two ships of the Royal Navy of Oman (RNOV Al Rasikh and RNOV Khassab) arrived in Goa to participate in the 12th edition of the Indo-Oman bilateral naval exercise ''Naseem-Al-Bahr'',
- Indian Navy ships Beas and Subhadra are participating in it, with harbour phase in Goa followed by sea phase off the Goa coast.
- The ships will conduct subject matter expert exchanges on professional topics.
Q70.संयुक्त अभ्यास ‘Sahyog-Kaijin’ भारत और किस देश के बीच आयोजित किया जाता है?
Q70. The joint-exercise ‘Sahyog-Kaijin’ conducted between India and which country?
(a) Sri Lanka
- Japanese Coast Guard Patrol Ship Echigo and her 60-member crew were accorded a ceremonial welcome by the Indian Coast Guard officers at the Chennai port, as it arrived majestically for a five-day goodwill visit during which the Indo-Japan joint-exercise ‘Sahyog-Kaijin’ will be conducted.
- The annual exercise that will be conducted off the Chennai coast on January 16 is aimed at further strengthening ties and mutual understanding between the two coast guards.
- In addition to JCG ship Echigo, a total of four ICG ships, their aircraft and a vessel from National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) will participate in the exercise.
Q71.जनवरी 2020 में भारतीय सेना द्वारा कौन सा सबसे बड़ा हवाई अभ्यास किया गया?
(a) हिम शक्ति
(b) विंग्स पावर
(c) विंग्ड रेडर
(d) हिम विजय
Q71. Which biggest airborne exercise was conducted by the Indian Army in Jan 2020?
(a) Him Shakti
(b) Wings Power
(c) Winged Raider
- The Indian Army has conducted its biggest airborne exercise called the ‘Winged Raider’ comprising more than 500 special forces troops in the North-Eastern theatre.
- The exercise had over 500 soldiers of the Special Forces parachuting from C-130 Hercules and C-17 globemaster transport aircraft of the Indian Air Force, besides Dhruv helicopters during the day and night. The exercise was preceded by a series of intense preparations involving movement of special forces and rallying up of transport aircraft of the Indian Air Force.
- The exercise was telecast live to all field formation headquarters in the theatre.