Last One Year Current Affairs MCQs: Agreements and MoUs 2020-21
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Last One Year Current Affairs MCQs: Agreements and MoUs 2020-21 PDF, Video
Q1.भारत ने किस देश के साथ शहतूत बांध के निर्माण के लिए एक समझौते पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
Q1. India has signed an agreement with which country to build the Shahtoot dam?
- India has recently announced an agreement with Afghanistan, to complete the Shahtoot dam which will provide safe drinking water to the residents of Kabul.
- The dam is proposed to be built on the Maidan River, a tributary of the Kabul River which flows into Pakistan from Afghanistan.
- India will also launch the fourth phase of the high impact community development projects in Afghanistan, which envisages more than 100 projects worth $80 million (Rs 600 crore) that India would undertake in Afghanistan.
- India's External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar is leading the Indian delegation at the 2020 Afghanistan Conference being organised virtually by the UN and Afghan and Finnish governments to reaffirm the international community’s commitment to Afghanistan during 2015-24.
Q2. भारत ने किस देश के साथ भू-स्थानिक सहयोग के लिए बुनियादी विनिमय और सहयोग समझौते (BECA) पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
Q2. India has signed the Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement (BECA) for Geo-Spatial Cooperation with which country?
- United States Secretary of State Michael Pompeo and Secretary of Defence Mark Esper are in India to hold the third round of US-India 2+2 ministerial dialogue with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and their Indian counterparts.
- The two sides have signed the Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement for Geo-Spatial Cooperation (BECA) that would enhance the geospatial cooperation between them and it is likely to help in improving the accuracy of missile systems of India.
Q3.सरकार ने किस समझौते के तहत कंप्रेस्ड बायोगैस प्लांट स्थापित करने के लिए तेल और गैस विपणन कंपनियों के साथ एक MoU पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(b) उज्जवल भारत
Q3. The Government has signed a MoU with oil and gas marketing companies to establish Compressed Biogas Plants under which agreement?
(b) Ujwal Bharat
- The Government of India signed a Memorandum of Understanding with leading oil and gas marketing companies to establish Compressed Biogas Plants all over India.
- These plants are to generate biogas from crop wastes.
- The agreements were signed under the SATAT (Sustainable Alternative Towards Affordable Transportation) initiative.
- Under the agreement, around 900 Compressed Biogas (CBG) plants will be established in the country.
Q4.भारत सरकार ने विश्व बैंक के साथ किस राज्य के एकीकृत परिवहन परियोजना के कार्यान्वयन के लिए एक समझौते पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(d) अरुणाचल प्रदेश
Q4. The Government of India and has signed an agreement with the World Bank for the implementation of the Integrated Transport Project of which state?
(d) Arunachal Pradesh
- A loan agreement of $120 million has been signed between the Government of India, the Government of Meghalaya and the World Bank for the implementation of Meghalaya Integrated Transport Project (MITP). It will help in modernizing the transport sector of Meghalaya.
- The MITP project will improve the road infrastructure, build bridges with new technology and support innovative solutions in the transport sector.
- It will help to develop climate-resilient and safe roads, which will play a crucial role in the economic development of Meghalaya.
- This loan agreement from the World Bank has a maturity period of 14 years.
Q5.भारतीय पुरातत्व सर्वेक्षण के साथ किस IIT ने स्मारकों की बहाली के लिए इतालवी संस्थानों के साथ समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं
(a) IIT दिल्ली
(b) IIT मद्रास
(c) IIT कानपुर
(d) IIT बॉम्बे
Q5. Which IIT along with the Archaeological Survey of India has signed MoU with Italian institutes for restoration of monuments?
(a) IIT Delhi
(b) IIT Madras
(c) IIT Kanpur
(d) IIT Bombay
- The Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT-K) and the Archaeological Survey of India have signed an agreement with two institutions from Italy, seeking restoration and protection of historical monuments
- The activities under this MoU will be coordinated by Prof Mukesh Sharma, department of Civil Engineering, IIT-Kanpur.
- The MoU was signed among IIT-K, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Archaeological Survey of India, Soprintendenza Archeologia, Belle Arti E Paesaggio, Venice on creating a network and sharing skills for restoration and protection of historical monuments.
- All institutes shall seek to promote collaboration and activities in areas such as collaboration in scientific studies and skill sharing, the exchange of knowledge, experience, academic materials and publications, conducting workshops, undertaking joint field studies and technology development.
Q6.भारतीय सांकेतिक भाषा अनुसंधान और प्रशिक्षण केंद्र ने हाल ही में किस संस्थान के साथ बधिर बच्चों के लिए शिक्षा सामग्री सुलभ बनाने के लिए एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
Q6. Indian Sign Language Research and Training Center has recently signed a MoU with which organization to make educational materials accessible for Deaf children?
- Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Dr. Thaawar Chand Gehlot attended the 60th Foundation Day of NCERT virtually.
- On this occasion, a historic Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Indian Sign Language Research and Training Center-ISLRTC and NCERT (a National Institute of Ministry of Education) to make education materials accessible for Deaf children in their preferred format of communication viz Indian Sign Language.
- The MoU ensures educational standardization of Indian Sign Language as mandated in the New Education Policy (NEP), 2020.
- This MoUwill empower the hearing impaired children in our country.
- Prof. Hrushikesh Senapaty, Director, NCERT
Q7.किस बैंक ने PM SVANidhi योजना के तहत स्ट्रीट वेंडरों को सब्सिडी के भुगतान के लिए आवास और शहरी मामलों के मंत्रालय और SIDBI के साथ एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(a) HDFC बैंक
(b) इंडियन बैंक
(c) इंडियन ओवरसीज बैंक
(d) आंध्रा बैंक
Q7.Which Bank has signed a MoU with ministry of housing and urban affairs and SIDBI for payment of subsidy to street vendors under PM SVANidhi scheme?
(a) HDFC Bank
(b) Indian Bank
(c) Indian Overseas Bank
(d) Andhra Bank
- Chennai-based public sector lender Indian Bank has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with ministry of housing and urban affairs (MoHUA) and Small Industries Development Bank of India (Sidbi) for payment of subsidy and cash incentives to street vendors under PM SVANidhi scheme.
- Padmaja Chunduru, MD CEO, Indian Bank, said street vendors represent a very important constituent in the urban economy and they offer varied services to the general public.
Q8.किस राज्य ने संयुक्त राष्ट्र के विश्व खाद्य कार्यक्रम के साथ टेक होम राशन (take-home ration) के लिए एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(d) उत्तर प्रदेश
Q8 Which state has signed a MoU with the UN World Food Programme for take-home ration?
(d) Uttar Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh’s state rural livelihood mission (SRLM) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the UN World Food Programme for take-home ration.
- Take-Home ration will now be manufactured and supplied through women self-help groups (SHGs) in Uttar Pradesh.
- Around 200 women SHG enterprises are expected to gain business with Rs 1,200 crore annual turnover through this collaboration.
- This will almost double the loans received by the SHGs in 20 years.
- The plan is to initiate local production of take-home-ration at the block level with back-up of the extensive SHG network of the rural livelihood mission covering 18 districts, 204 blocks and 42,228 anganwadi centres.
Q9.भारत ने किस देश के साथ बौद्धिक संपदा सहयोग के क्षेत्र में एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
Q9.India has signed a MoU in the field of Intellectual Property cooperation with which country?
- Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the field of Intellectual Property cooperation with Denmark's Danish Patent and Trademark Office.
- The MoU aims at increasing IP co-operation between the two countries by way of exchange of best practices, experiences and knowledge on IP awareness among public authorities, businesses and research and educational institutions of both countries.
- Dr Guruprasad Mohapatra, Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), and Freddy Svane, Ambassador of Denmark conducted a formal signing ceremony for the same.
Q10. भारत ने किस देश के साथ सशस्त्र बलों के बीच पारस्परिक आपूर्ति के लिए एक समझौते पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
Q10.India has signed a pact with which country for the reciprocal supplies between armed forces?
- India and Japan have signed an agreement concerning Reciprocal Provision of Supplies and Services between the Armed Forces of India and the Self-Defense Forces of Japan.
- The agreement was signed on September 9, 2020 between Union Defence Secretary Dr. Ajay Kumar and Ambassador of Japan Suzuki Satoshi.
- This agreement forms the enabling framework for closer cooperation between the Armed Forces of India and Japan in reciprocal provision of supplies and services while engaged in bilateral training activities, United Nations Peacekeeping Operations, Humanitarian International Relief and other mutually agreed activities.
Q11.किस राज्य सरकार ने रेलवे प्रणाली में सुधार के लिए AIIB के साथ 500 मिलियन अमरीकी डालर के ऋण समझौते पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(b) पश्चिम बंगाल
(c) मध्य प्रदेश
Q11. Which state government has signed a loan agreement of 500 million USD with AIIB to improve the railway system?
(b) West Bengal
(c) Madhya Pradesh
- Government of Maharashtra and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank have signed a loan agreement of 500 million USD to improve service quality, safety and network capacity of suburban railway system in Mumbai
- The project is to increase network capacity in the region.
- This in turn will also help to reduce fatal accidents of commuters.
- Among the primary beneficiaries of the project, 22% will be female passengers.
- The total cost of the project has been estimated as 997 million USD. Of this, 500 million USD is to be financed by AIIB, 310 million USD by the Maharashtra State Government and 187 million USD by the Ministry of Railways.
Q12.भारत ने किस देश के साथ अंतरिक्ष सहयोग के लिए एक समझौते पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
Q12. India has signed an agreement on space cooperation with which country?
- India and Nigeria have signed an agreement on space cooperation.
- The External Affairs Ministry said the MoU between India and Nigeria on 'cooperation in the exploration and use of outer space for peaceful purposes' was concluded at the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology, Abuja.
- The signing ceremony was witnessed by Muraleedharan through a video link.
- ISRO Scientific Secretary R Umamaheswaran was also present through video link from ISRO Headquarters in Bengaluru.
- The MoU envisages India-Nigeria collaboration in space science, planetary exploration, ground stations, development of micro and mini satellites and joint Space R&D.
- On the occasion, both sides also agreed to sign a subsidiary MOU between New Space India Limited (NSIL), under ISRO, and Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP), under the Federal Ministry of Environment of Nigeria, on cooperation in use of Geospatial Technologies.
Q13.खादी और ग्रामोद्योग आयोग (KVIC) ने भारत के किस केंद्रीय सशस्त्र पुलिस बल के साथ एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?.
Q13. The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has signed a MoU with which Central Armed Police Forces of India ?
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has taken another big step towards making India “Aatma Nirbhar” by joining hands with ITBP to supply mustard oil.
- KVIC and ITBP have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that the ITBP will soon place an order for supply of 1200 quintals of high quality kacchi ghani mustard oil which will be supplied by KVIC through its PMEGP units in a month’s time.
Q14.भारत ने किस देश के साथ पारंपरिक चिकित्सा पद्धति और होम्योपैथी के क्षेत्र में समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए है?
Q14. India has signed a MoU with which country in the field of Traditional System of Medicine and Homeopathy?
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has given ex-post facto approval to Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Zimbabwe on Cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy.
- This will provide a framework for the cooperation between the two countries for the promotion of traditional systems of medicine and homeopathy and will mutually benefit the two countries in the field of Traditional Medicine.
- The objective of the MoU is to promote traditional systems of medicine and homeopathy between two nations on the basis of equality and mutual benefit.
Q15.भारत ने किस देश के साथ साइबर सुरक्षा का विस्तार करने के लिए एक समझौते पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
Q15. India has signed an agreement to expand cybersecurity?
- India and Israel have signed an agreement to further expand collaboration in dealing with cyber threats amid rapid digitisation due to the coronavirus pandemic that exposed the vulnerabilities of the virtual world.
- The agreement was signed between the Director-General of Israel's National Cyber Directorate (INCD), Yigal Unna, and India's Ambassador to Israel, Sanjeev Singla.
- Israel can contribute from its experience and can benefit from the vast experience gained in India in dealing with cyber attacks.
Q16.किस बैंक ने नमामि गंगे कार्यक्रम के लिए समर्थन बढ़ाने के लिए भारत के साथ $ 400 मिलियन के ऋण समझौते पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(a) एशियाई विकास बैंक
(b) न्यू डेवलपमेंट बैंक
(c) एशियन इंफ्रास्ट्रक्चर इंवेस्टमेंट बैंक
(d) विश्व बैंक
Q16. Which Bank has signed a loan agreement of $400 million with India to enhance support for the Namami Gange programme?
(a) Asian Development Bank
(b) New Development Bank
(c) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
(d) World Bank
- The World Bank has signed a loan agreement of $400 million with the Government of India to enhance support for the Namami Gange programme.
- The loan agreement aims to make the Ganga a clean and healthy river. The loan amount of $400 million comprises a loan of $381 million and a proposed Guarantee of up to $19 million.
Q17.किस राज्य सरकार ने महिला स्वयं सहायता समूहों को सशक्त बनाने के लिए AMUL के साथ एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(a) आंध्र प्रदेश
(b) पश्चिम बंगाल
Q17. Which state government has signed a MoU with AMUL to empower women self-help groups?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(b) West Bengal
- The Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed a MoU with AMUL to empower women self-help groups and to encourage the cooperatives in government sectors.
- The MoU was signed by Poonam Malkondaiah, Special Chief Secretary Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Dairy Development and Rajan, Chennai Zonal Head of AMUL
- Andhra Pradesh produces around 4crore litres of milk per day and stands 4th in the production of Milk with only 24% under the organised sector.
Q18.नेशनल इंटेलिजेंस ग्रिड (NATGRID) ने पुलिस स्टेशनों के केंद्रीकृत डेटाबेस तक पहुंचने के लिए किस संगठन के साथ एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(a) राष्ट्रीय जांच एजेंसी
(b) भारतीय तटरक्षक बल
(c) केंद्रीय अन्वेषण ब्यूरो
(d) राष्ट्रीय अपराध रिकॉर्ड ब्यूरो
Q18. The National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID) has signed a MoU with which organization to access the centralized database of Police Stations?
(a) National Investigation Agency
(b) Indian Coast Guard
(c) Central Bureau of Investigation
(d) National Crime Records Bureau
- The National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) to access the centralised online Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) database for getting details of First Information Reports (FIRs) and stolen vehicles.
- The project aims to go live by December 31, 2020.
- NATGRID will act as a link between intelligence and investigation agencies to access a database related to immigration entry and exit, banking and telephone details of a suspect on a secured platform.
- NCRB- Director– Ramphal Pawar
Q19.भारतीय तटरक्षक बल ने समुद्री संबंधों को बढ़ावा देने के लिए किस देश के साथ एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
Q19. Indian Coast Guard has signed a MoU with which country to boost maritime relations?
- In a significant step towards bolstering the comprehensive strategic partnership between India and Indonesia, a MoU has been signed between the Indian Coast Guard and Indonesia Coast Guard.
- This will enhance collaborative and cooperative engagements in the domains of maritime law enforcement, maritime search and rescue and marine pollution response.
- This is likely to entail exchange of information towards combating transnational maritime crimes, facilitation of coordinated search and rescue operations at sea and conduct of capacity and capability building activities.
Q20.पश्चिम बंगाल सरकार ने सिंचाई सेवाओं और बाढ़ प्रबंधन में सुधार के लिए किस बैंक के साथ एक ऋण समझौते पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(a) विश्व बैंक
(b) एशियाई विकास बैंक
(c) न्यू डेवलपमेंट बैंक
(d) एशियन इन्फ्रास्ट्रक्चर इन्वेस्टमेंट बैंक
Q20. The West Bengal government has signed a loan agreement with which bank to improve irrigation services and flood management?
(a) World Bank
(b) Asian Development Bank
(c) New Development Bank
(d) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- The Government of India, West Bengal Government and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, AIIB, have signed a loan agreement for a 145 million dollar project to improve irrigation services and flood management in the Damodar Valley Command Area in West Bengal.
- The West Bengal Major Irrigation and Flood Management Project will benefit about 27 lakh farmers from five districts of the state with better irrigation services and improved protection against annual flooding.
- This project will assist in improving irrigation and agriculture in the Damodar Valley Command Area, by optimizing the use of surface and groundwater.
- It will also strengthen flood management, which will help boost agricultural productivity and increase incomes in rural areas. The total value of the project is over 413 million dollars.
Q21. भारत ने किस देश के साथ आमद बंदरगाह (पोर्ट ऑफ कॉल) के संचालन के लिए एक समझौते पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
Q21. India has signed an agreement with which country to operate the port of call?
(b) Sri Lanka
- India and Bangladesh have signed an agreement to operationalise five new ports of call and two new protocol routes.
- High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh Riva Ganguly Das and the Secretary, Ministry of Shipping government of Bangladesh Mohammad Mezbah Uddin Chowdhury signed the addendum to the Protocol in Dhaka
- The number of Indo-Bangladesh Protocol (IBP) routes are being increased from 8 to 10.
- This includes the Sonamura- Daudkandi stretch of Gumti river and the operationalisation of the Rajshahi-Dhulian-Rajshahi routes with the extension up to Aricha.
- The Sonamura-Daudkandi route will improve the connectivity of Tripura and adjoining states.
Q22.भारत ने किस देश से कोकिंग कोयला आयात करने के लिए एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर करने की योजना बनाई है?
(d) सऊदी अरब
Q22. India has planned to sign an MoU with which country to import Coking coal?
(d) Saudi Arabia
- Indian Petroleum Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan and Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak held a meeting through video conference.
- The ministers emphasized cooperation in the coking sector.
- They also held talks about signing a Memorandum of Understanding on Coking coal.
- India will require 180 million tonnes of coking coal by 2030-31. The coking coal is to be mainly used to cater to the steel industry.
- This comes because the National Steel Policy aims to increase the steel production by 300 million tonnes by 2030.
- The coking coal reserves in India is around 27.9 billion tonnes.
Q23. किस राज्य ने जल प्रबंधन प्रथाओं में सुधार के लिए भारत सरकार और विश्व बैंक के साथ एक ऋण समझौते पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(a) आंध्र प्रदेश
(c) हिमाचल प्रदेश
(d) पश्चिम बंगाल
Q23. Which state has signed a loan agreement with the Government of India and World Bank to improve water management practices?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(c) Himachal Pradesh
(d) West Bengal
- The Government of India, Government of Himachal Pradesh and the World Bank signed a loan agreement of US$80 million (about Rs 600 crore) to improve water management practices & also to increase agricultural productivity in selected Gram Panchayats in Himachal Pradesh.
- The Integrated Project for Source Sustainability and Climate Resilient Rain-Fed Agriculture to be implemented in 428 Gram Panchayats in 10 districts which will benefit over 400,000 smallholder farmers.
- The loan agreement was signed by Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, on behalf of the Government of India; Ram Subhag Singh, Additional Chief Secretary (Forest), on behalf of the Government of Himachal Pradesh; and Junaid Ahmad, Country Director, India, on behalf of the World Bank.
Q24.केंद्रीय मंत्रिमंडल ने रेलवे क्षेत्र में तकनीकी सहयोग के लिए किस देश के साथ समझौता ज्ञापन (MoU) को मंजूरी दी है?
Q24.The Union Cabinet has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed with which country for technological cooperation in the Railway Sector?
(c) the Maldives
- The Union Cabinet has approved the Memorandum of Agreement (MoU) signed between India and Germany for technological cooperation in the Railway Sector.
- The India and Germany agreement was signed In February 2020 between the Ministry of Railways and Germany’s DB Engineering and Consulting GMBH.
- It will enable cooperation in freight operations (includes cross-border transport, automotive transport, logistics), passenger operations (includes high-speed cross-border traffic), infrastructure building & management (includes dedicated freight corridors, development of passenger stations).
- It will also help in the development of modern, competitive railway organisation (includes organization structures, railway reforms), information technology (IT) solutions for railway operations, marketing, sales, administrative purposes, predictive maintenance, private train operations & other areas agreed by 2 sides.
Q25.भारत सरकार की किस योजना ने स्वयं सहायता समूहों द्वारा बनाए गए उत्पादों के लिए अमेज़न के साथ समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किये है?
(a) स्किल इंडिया मिशन
(b) दीनदयाल अंत्योदय योजना-राष्ट्रीय शहरी आजीविका मिशन
(c) पीएम कौशल विकास योजना
(d) प्रधानमंत्री श्रम योगी मान -धन योजना
Q25. Which Indian flagship program has recently signed an MoU with Amazon to e-market products made by self help groups?
(a) Skill India Mission
(b) Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission
(c) PM Kaushal Vikas Yojna
(d) Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan Yojna
- Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) has signed MoU with Amazon to e-market products made by self help groups in India.
- The MoU has been signed as a part of Women’s Day celebration. Every year March 8 is celebrated as International Women’s Day. The women entrepreneurs in E-Commerce platform has been growing substantially. The MoU will help to empower these women entrepreneurs.
Q26.कौन से अर्धसैनिक बल ने दिव्यांग सैनिकों के कौशल विकास के लिए गैर सरकारी संगठन के साथ एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
Q26. Which paramilitary force has signed an MoU with an NGO for Skill development for divyang troops?
- The CRPF has inked a deal with a disability support NGO in order to train its troops, who lost their limbs in operations, in various skills including cyber operations, artificial intelligence and para-sports.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was formalised between the force and the Aditya Mehta Foundation.
- A total of 189 CRPF personnel lost their limbs or underwent amputation in the last ten years while they were in the line of duty or operations.
- The MoU is aimed to create new opportunities for such personnel who remain an integral part of the force.
Q27.भारत ने कच्चे तेल के आयात के लिए किस देश के साथ पहली बार अनुबंध पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
Q27. India has signed the first-ever term contract with which country to import crude oil?
- The Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Shri Dharmendra Pradhan and the Chairman of Rosneft (Russia’s largest oil producing company) signed the first ever term contract.
- According to the contract India will import 2 million metric tonnes of Urals grade crude oil.
- The agreement was signed between IOCL and Rosneft. The companies discussed energy cooperation and hydrocarbon enhancement.
- Rosneft is the largest oil producing company in Russia. The company is extended over 20 countries in the world. The company is to bid in the disinvestment of BPCL (Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited). On November 20, 2019, the Union cabinet approved to privatize BPCL selling 52.98% of its stakes to the private sector.
- After the crude oil agreement, India and Russia are also looking for ways to sign agreements to bring LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) supplies from Russia.
Q28.नेपाल ने फरवरी 2020 में जल विद्युत परियोजना, अरुण- III का वित्तीय समझौता किस देश के साथ पूरा किया था?
Q28. Nepal completed the financial agreement of its largest hydropower project, Arun-III with which country in Feb 2020?
(d) Sri Lanka
- India and Nepal inked financial closure of Arun-III, the largest hydropower project in the Himalayan nation.
- The 900 MW hydropower project will be built by the financial assistance from India.
- The project is under construction at Sankhuwasabha District of Nepal.
- The Project Development Agreement for construction of the dam was signed between SAPDC and the Investment Board of Nepal in November 2014.
- The estimated cost of the project stands at USD 1.04 million. It is being developed on a build-own-operate and transfer (BOOT) basis by Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam (SJVN) Arun-III Power Development Company (SAPDC), a joint venture of the Government of India and the Government of Himachal Pradesh.
Q29.भारत और नेपाल ने किस मंदिर के बुनियादी ढांचे में सुधार के लिए एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(a) चांगु नारायण मंदिर
(b) गोकर्ण महादेव मंदिर
(c) पशुपतिनाथ मंदिर
(d) श्री मुक्तिनाथ मंदिर
Q29. India and Nepal have recently signed an MoU to improve infrastructure of which temple?
(a) Changu Narayan Temple
(b) Gokarna Mahadev Temple
(c) Pashupatinath Temple
(d) Shri Muktinath Temple
- India and Nepal signed a MoU to improve infrastructure of the Pashupatinath temple complex.
- The MoU was signed between the Federal Affairs ministry of Nepal and Indian Embassy.
- Under the agreement, India has pledged to extend financial assistance of Rs 2.33 crores. The project is to be implemented by Kathmandu Metropolitan city. India is to assist in constructing a sanitation facility at the temple complex.
- India’s assistance comes amidst a raging border row between the two countries.
- The Pashupatinath temple is the largest temple complex in Nepal. It is located on the Bagmati river of Nepal. The temple is one of the UNESCO World Heritage site.
Q30.भारत की सहायता के लिए 750m USD के 'COVID-19 सक्रिय प्रतिक्रिया कार्यक्रम' पर किस बैंक ने हस्ताक्षर किए ?
(a)एशियन इन्फ्रास्ट्रक्चर इन्वेस्टमेंट बैंक (AIIB)
(b) एशियाई विकास बैंक
(c) विश्व बैंक
(d) न्यू डेवलपमेंट बैंक
Q30. Which bank has signed a 750m US dollar 'COVID-19 Active Response Programme” to assist India?
(a) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
(b) Asian Development Bank
(c) World Bank
(d) New Development Bank
- The Central Government and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) have signed a 750 million US dollar 'COVID-19 Active Response and Expenditure Support Programme” to assist India to strengthen its response to the adverse impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on poor and vulnerable households.
- The Ministry of Finance in a statement said that this is the first ever budgetary support programme from the AIIB to India. The agreement was signed by Additional Secretary in the Finance Ministry Sameer Kumar Khare and Director General (Acting), Rajat Misra on behalf of the AIIB.
- The Programme will provide the Government with budget support to mitigate the severe adverse social and economic impact of COVID-19.
Q31.NCERT ने रचनात्मक ई-लर्निंग सामग्री के लिए किस संगठन के साथ एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(b) Rotary India
Q31.NCERT has signed an MoU with which organization for constructive e-learning content?
(b) Rotary India
- To make e-learning more constructive, NCERT and Rotary India digitally signed MoU for e-learning content telecast for class 1-12 over all NCERT TV channels in the presence of Union HRD Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Secretary of Department of Education & Literacy Smt. Anita Karwal also attended this digital event.
- He hoped that amidst COVID-19 the collaboration of Rotary India Humanity Foundation and NCERT with the guidance and support of MHRD will ensure that e-learning reaches children across the country with NCERT approved content.
Q32. किस वित्तीय संस्था ने भारत में भूजल स्तर में सुधार के लिए 450 मिलियन अमरीकी डालर के ऋण समझौते पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(a) विश्व बैंक
(b) एशियाई विकास बैंक
(c) एशियन इन्फ्रास्ट्रक्चर इन्वेस्टमेंट बैंक
(d) अंतर्राष्ट्रीय मुद्रा कोष
Q32. Which financial institution has recently signed a USD 450 million loan agreement to improve the groundwater level in India?
(a) World Bank
(b) Asian Development Bank
(c) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
(d) International Monetary Fund
- The Central Government and the World Bank recently signed a USD 450 million loan agreement to improve the groundwater level in India, which is the main aim of the Atal Bhujal Yojana.
- With the help of this agreement, the Government will implement the Atal Bhujal Yojana in various states including Gujarat, Haryana, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
- The main aim of this agreement is to stop the decreasing level of groundwater in India and strengthen the institutions related to groundwater.
Q33.समुद्री प्लास्टिक प्रदूषण को कम करने की दिशा में किस देश ने भारत के साथ संयुक्त रूप से काम करने पर सहमति व्यक्त की है?
Q33. Which country has agreed to work jointly with India towards mitigating marine plastic litter?
(b) the Netherlands
- India marks the beginning of super year of Biodiversity with the hosting of the 13th Conference of Parties (COP) of the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS), an environmental treaty under the aegis of United Nations Environment Programme, from 17th to 22nd February 2020 at Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
- On the sidelines of CMS COP-13, India and Norway declared the 2020-30 decade as the “Decade of rapid action on Climate Change and Environment”.
- The countries will work together towards strengthening mutual cooperation on climate and environment including ocean affairs.
- The countries decided to work towards mitigating marine plastic pollution.
Q34.भारत ने किस देश के साथ परमाणु प्रतिष्ठानों और सुविधाओं की सूची का आदान-प्रदान किया?
Q34. India has exchanged the nuclear installations with which country under an agreement?
- India and Pakistan exchanged their nuclear installations under an agreement that prevents them from attacking each other’s atomic facilities.
- India and Pakistan exchanged the list of nuclear installations under the Agreement on Prohibition of attack against nuclear installations.
- The exchange was done based on diplomatic channels simultaneously in Islamabad and New Delhi.
- The first of the exchange took place on January 1, 1992.
The agreement on Prohibition of Attack against Nuclear Installations was signed between Pakistan President Benazir Bhutto and Indian PM Rajiv Gandhi. It was signed on December 31, 1988.
Q35. किस देश ने भारत के साथ आशुगंज-अखौरा सड़क को 4-लेन राजमार्ग में अपग्रेड करने के लिए एक समझौते पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
Q35. Which country signed an agreement to upgrade Ashuganj-Akhaura road into a 4-lane highway with India?
- India and Bangladesh signed an agreement to upgrade the 50.58-kilometre long road between Ashuganj river port and the Akhaura land port in Bangladesh into a 4-lane highway.
- The deal to upgrade the 39 km long road between Ashuganj river port to Dharhara area was signed between the Roads and Highways Department of Bangladesh and an Indian Company Afcons Infrastructure Limited.
- The project is part of the dollar 2 billion second line of credit extended by India to Bangladesh in 2016.
- The project will boost connectivity between Bangladesh and North-eastern part of India which will facilitate sub-regional connectivity among South and South-east Asian countries.
Q36.भारत सरकार ने किस राज्य के बोडो क्षेत्रों में स्थायी शांति लाने के लिए एक ऐतिहासिक बोडो समझौते पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(c) अरुणाचल प्रदेश
Q36. The Government of India has signed a historic Bodo agreement to bring permanent peace in Bodo areas of which state?
(c) Arunachal Pradesh
- The Government of India has signed a tripartite agreement with members of all factions of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) and All Bodo Students' Union (ABSU), in the presence of Home Minister Amit Shah at the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) headquarters in Delhi.
- Those who were previously associated with armed resistance groups will now be entering the mainstream and contributing to our nation’s progress.
- The agreement provides political and economic benefits to the tribal areas without seeking a separate Bodoland state or union territory.
- Bodoland Territorial Area Districts will now be renamed to Bodoland Territorial Region
- Financial package of Rs 1500 crores in 3 years announced by HM Amit Shah.
Q37.भारतीय नौसेना ने जनवरी 2020 में (GSI )भारतीय भूवैज्ञानिक सर्वेक्षण के साथ एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए| GSI का मुख्यालय कहाँ स्थित है?
Q37. In Jan 2020; Indian Navy signed a MoU with the Geological Survey of India. Where are the HQs of GSI located?
- Indian Navy has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Geological Survey of India (GSI) for ‘Sharing of seabed sediments data, products and expertise for Naval Application in Meteorology and Oceanography’.
- The MoU was signed between Commodore AA Abhyankar, who heads Indian Navy’s Oceanology and Meteorology Directorate and Shri N Maran, Deputy Director General of GSI.
- GSI’s Marine and Coastal survey Division based at Mangaluru has mapped most of India’s 2.1 Million km exclusive Economic Zone and has a vast repository of offshore data.
- This data collected using GSI’s state-of-the-art oceanic research vessels Samudra Manthan, Samudra Kaustubh, Samudra Shaudhikama and Samudra Ratnakar, will now be used by Indian Navy’s rapidly growing blue water fleet for reliable and accurate oceanographic modeling to support their expansive maritime operations in the Indian Ocean regional of GSI.
Q38.राष्ट्रीय स्वास्थ्य प्राधिकरण ने आयुष्मान भारत योजना पर जागरूकता बढ़ाने के लिए किसके साथ एक MoU पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(c) ITC-e-ग्राम सभा
Q38. The National Health Authority has signed an MoU with which initiative to raise awareness on the Ayushman Bharat- PMJAY?
(a) ITC e-Mitra
(b) ITC e-Kisan
(c) ITC e-Gram Sabha
(d) ITC e-Choupal
- In a bid to raise awareness among farmers on Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY), the National Health Authority has signed an MoU with ITC e-Choupal to enable farmers across the country to avail benefits under Ayushman Bharat- PMJAY.
- Through this collaboration, NHA and ITC e-Choupal will spread awareness about AB PM-JAY scheme and conduct outreach and training activities.
- This partnership between National Health Authority and ITC e-Choupal, will empower millions of citizens in rural India and Indian farmers with digital interventions.
- The collaboration focuses on providing secondary and tertiary treatment for a range of serious illnesses such as cancer, heart ailments, etc to farmers and their families in rural areas.
Q39. असम अंतर्देशीय जल परिवहन परियोजना के लिए भारत ने किस बैंक के साथ USD 88m ऋण समझौते पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
(c) World Bank
Q39. India has signed USD 88m loan agreement for Assam Inland Water Transport Project with which bank?
(c) World Bank
- The central government and Assam state government have signed a USD 88 million loan agreement with the World Bank to implement the Assam Inland Water Transport Project.
- The project aims to modernise the infrastructure and services of Assam's passenger ferry sector, which operates on its rivers including the Brahmaputra.
- Assam has more than 361 ferry routes and a majority of them cross the Brahmaputra or serve its islands. The service is a crucial means of transport for thousands of commuters in both the urban and rural areas of the state.
Q40.किस कंपनी ने भारत में 1 लाख से अधिक अयोग्य महिलाओं को कौशल प्रदान करने के लिए राष्ट्रीय कौशल विकास निगम (NSDC) के साथ साझेदारी की है?
Q40. Which company has collaborated with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to skill more than 1 lakh underserved women in India?
Microsoft has announced a collaboration with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to skill more than 1 lakh underserved women in India over the next 10 months.
- This initiative is an extension of Microsoft’s partnership with NSDC to provide digital skills to over 1 lakh youth in the country.
- The partnership is focused on enhancing women’s workforce participation by equipping underserved young women from rural communities with the skills required to thrive in a digital economy.
- These live training sessions will be delivered online through the Microsoft Community Training (MCT) platform.
- Under this partnership, eSkill India – NSDC’s digital skilling initiative – will support in building the outreach of this engagement through its skilling ecosystem, which includes sector skill councils, training partners, and training centres. Microsoft and NSDC will award a joint e-certificate to participants post-course completion.
Q41.भारत ने किस देश के साथ चाबहार बंदरगाह से ज़ाहेदान तक रेल लाइन बनाने का समझौता किया है?
Q41. India has signed an agreement with which country to construct a rail line from Chabahar port to Zahedan?
India and Iran have signed an agreement to construct a rail line from Chabahar port to Zahedan, along the border with Afghanistan.
- The Iranian government has decided to proceed with the construction on its own, citing delays from the Indian side in funding and starting the project.
- Iranian Transport and Urban Development Minister Mohammad Eslami inaugurated the track-laying process for the 628 km Chabahar-Zahedan line, which will be extended to Zaranj across the border in Afghanistan.
- The entire project would be completed by March 2022
- Iranian Railways will proceed without India’s assistance, using approximately $400 million from the Iranian National Development Fund.
- The development comes as China finalises a massive 25-year, $400 billion strategic partnership deal with Iran, which could cloud India’s plans.