Daily Current Affairs: 24th February 2021 in Hindi and English
- Based on latest Pattern
- English Medium eBooks
Daily Current Affairs: 24th February 2021 in Hindi and English
Daily Current Affairs 24th Feb 2021
Q1.किस राज्य / केन्द्र शासित प्रदेश के मुख्यमंत्री ने हाल ही में बहुमत साबित करने में विफल रहने के बाद इस्तीफा दे दिया है?
(c) जम्मू और कश्मीर
Q1. Which state/UT’s Chief Minister has recently resigned after failing to prove majority?
(c) Jammu and Kashmir
- The Congress government in Puducherry led by Chief Minister V Narayanasamy failed to prove its majority in the assembly.
- Speaker of the legislative assembly V P Sivakozhundhu declared that the government has lost its majority and adjourned the House sine die.
- Soon Narayanasamy along with his cabinet colleagues called on lieutenant governor (additional charge) Tamilisai Soundararajan and submitted his resignation.
- He had submitted his resignation letter and resignation letters of his cabinet colleagues, Congress and DMK MLAs and also an independent MLA to the lieutenant governor.
Q2.केंद्रीय उत्पाद शुल्क दिवस कब मनाया जाता है?
(a) 22 फरवरी
(b) 24 फरवरी
(c) 23 फरवरी
(d) 25 फरवरी
Q2. When is the Central Excise Day observed?
(a) February 22
(b) February 24
(c) February 23
(d) February 25
- Central Excise Day is celebrated every year on February 24 across India to encourage the employees of the excise department to carry out the central excise duty in a better way.
- The day is being celebrated to honour the service of the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) to the country.
- The day is celebrated to commemorate the legislation of the Central Excise and Salt act on 24 February 1944.
Q3.किस राज्य सरकार ने पति की पैतृक संपत्ति में महिलाओं को सह-स्वामित्व अधिकार प्रदान करने वाला अध्यादेश पेश किया है?
(d) हिमाचल प्रदेश
Q3. Which state government has put forward an ordinance providing the co-ownership rights to women in the ancestral property of their husband?
(d) Himachal Pradesh
- The Uttarakhand government has put forward an ordinance providing the co-ownership rights to women in the ancestral property of their husband.
- The ordinance was put forward in the backdrop of large-scale migration of men from hill areas of the state to look for livelihood.
- Uttarakhand has become the first state that provides co-ownership rights to women in the ancestral property of their women.
Q4.प्रधानमंत्री नरेंद्र मोदी ने किस IIT में डॉ श्यामा प्रसाद मुख़र्जी इंस्टीट्यूट ऑफ मेडिकल साइंसेज एंड रिसर्च का उद्घाटन किया है?
(a) IIT कानपुर
(b) IIT मद्रास
(c) IIT खड़गपुर
(d) IIT दिल्ली
Q4. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Dr Syama Prasad Mookerjee Institute of Medical Sciences and Research at which IIT?
(a) IIT Kanpur
(b) IIT Madras
(c) IIT Kharagpur
(d) IIT Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Dr Syama Prasad Mookerjee Institute of Medical Sciences and Research at IIT Kharagpur via video conferencing.
- The Prime Minister will also address the 66th Convocation of IIT Kharagpur
- Dr Syama Prasad Mookerjee Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, a super speciality hospital, has been set up by the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur with support from the Ministry of Education.
Q5.भारत ने हाल ही में किस देश के साथ एक मुक्त व्यापार समझौते (FTA) पर हस्ताक्षर किए हैं?
Q5. India has recently signed a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with which country?
- In a major development, India signed a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with Mauritius during External Affairs minister Dr S Jaishankar's visit to the country.
- The FTA or Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement (CECPA) is the first such pact with any African country and is being considered a milestone in commercial ties.
- It will provide a timely boost for the revival of our post-COVID economies and also enable Indian investors to use Mauritius as a launch-pad for business expansion into continental Africa helping the prospect of Mauritius emerging as a "hub of Africa".
Q6.‘Agriculture Acts 2020' नामक पुस्तक किसने लिखी है?
(a) जस्टिस कृष्ण कुमार
(b) जस्टिस ए.के. राजन
(c) जस्टिस सूरज गोविंदराज
(d) जस्टिस ए के सीकरी
Q6. Who wrote the book titled, ‘Agriculture Acts 2020’?
(a) Justice Krishna Kumar
(b) Justice A.K. Rajan
(c) Justice Suraj Govindaraj
(d) Justice A K Sikri
- Dravidar Kazhagam president K. Veeramani has released a book, Agriculture Acts 2020, written by Justice A.K. Rajan, former judge of the Madras High Court.
- The book is about the three controversial Central farm laws, which triggered massive protests by farmers in New Delhi.
Q7.भारतीय सेना के अगले सैन्य संचालन महानिदेशक (DGMO) के रूप में किसे नियुक्त किया गया है?
(a) लेफ्टिनेंट जनरल परमजीत सिंह संघा
(b) लेफ्टिनेंट जनरल बी एस राजू
(c) लेफ्टिनेंट जनरल देवेंद्र प्रताप पांडे
(d) लेफ्टिनेंट जनरल के हिमालय सिंह
Q7. Who will be the new Director-General of Military Operations (DGMO) of the Indian Army?
(a) Lt Gen. Paramjit Singh Sangha
(b) Lt Gen B S Raju
(c) Lt Gen Devendra Pratap Pandey
(d) Lt Gen K Himalay Singh
- Lt Gen B S Raju, the General-Officer-Commanding of the Srinagar-based Chinar Corps, will be the new Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) of the Indian Army
- Lt Gen D P Pandey, currently serving as the Director General of the Territorial Army, will succeed Lt Gen Raju at the crucial corps that carries out the Army's counter-insurgency operations in Kashmir.
- Lt Gen Raju, who has extensive experience in counter-terror operations, will succeed Lt Gen Paramjit Singh who has taken charge as Deputy Chief of the Army Staff (strategy).
Q8.किस राज्य सरकार ने 'स्मार्ट आंगनवाड़ियों' के निर्माण का निर्णय लिया है?
(c) आंध्र प्रदेश
Q8. Which state government has decided to build ‘smart anganwadis’?
(c) Andhra Pradesh
- Kerala government has sanctioned Rs. 9 crores to build ‘smart anganwadis’, by converting the conventional anganwadis into “smart” structures with better amenities.
- The state Department of Women and Child Development has given permission for 48 anganwadis in the state to construct new buildings under the Smart Anganwadi scheme.
- These smart anganwadis are being designed and constructed as part of the Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS).
- These ‘smart anganwadis’ will provide early childhood care by making the facility more child-friendly to nurture the mental and physical development of children.
Q9.निम्नलिखित में से कौन सा भारतीय थिंक टैंक एशिया आर्थिक वार्ता 2021 की सह-अध्यक्षता करेगा?
(a) इंस्टिट्यूट फॉर सोशल एंड इकनोमिक चेंज
(b) ऑब्जर्वर रिसर्च फाउंडेशन
(c) पुणे इंटरनेशनल सेंटर
(d) आर्थिक विकास संस्थान
Q9. Which of the following Indian think tanks will co-chair the Asia Economic Dialogue 2021?
(a) Institute for Social and Economic Change
(b) Observer Research Foundation
(c) Pune International Centre
(d) Institute Of Economic Growth
- The Pune International Centre will co-chair this year’s Asia Economic Dialogue that will be addressed by External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar and his counterparts from Japan, Australia, Maldives, Mauritius and Bhutan.
- It will be co-hosted by the Ministry of External Affairs the Asia Economic Dialogue will be held over three days from February 26
- Theme -‘The post-COVID global trade and finance dynamics’.
Q10.उत्तर प्रदेश सरकार ने किस हवाई अड्डे को एशिया के सबसे बड़े हवाई अड्डे के रूप में विकसित करने की योजना बनाई है?
(a) आगरा एयरपोर्ट
(b) जेवर एयरपोर्ट
(c) अयोध्या एयरपोर्ट
(d) मुरादाबाद एयरपोर्ट
Q10. The Uttar Pradesh government has planned to develop which Airport as Asia’s biggest airport?
(a) Agra Airport
(b) Jewar Airport
(c) Ayodhya Airport
(d) Moradabad Airport
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has announced that the state government is planning to develop Jewar Airport as Asia’s biggest airport.
- The state government has allocated Rs. 2,000 crore in its budget 2021-22.
- The number of runways of the Jewar Airport has been increased from two to six.
- Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority has been appointed as the implementing agency for the Jewar Airport on behalf of the state government.
- Noida International Airport (NIAL), a special agency floated by the government, is managing and operating the project.
- The airport will be developed in PPP mode and is expected to be completed by 2023.
Ayodhya Airport, which is under construction, will be named Maryada Purushottam Sriram Airport.
You may like similar articles on this website
- All GK questions asked by TCS in SSC exams subject wise
- All Reasoning Questions asked by TCS in SSC exams chapter wise
- All English Questions asked by TCS in SSC exams Chapter wise
- Ebooks of all TCS questions previous years of all subjects
- SSC CGL Tier 1 Practice papers
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Practice papers
You should follow us on